Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Parking brake problem:

Search this Thread

Old 11-20-2003, 06:26 PM
BadAssZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Parking brake problem:

Has anyone experienced problems with their parking brakes. I’ve recently had my Z in the shop because when ever the car was parked on a slope; it would roll back even if the parking brake was on. I took it to the dealer along with some other minor issues. I picked the car back up today and tried to make sure the parking brake issue was fixed. I applied the parking brakes and tried to push the car, the car didn’t move and the parking brake felt tighter so I thought the problem was fixed. I left the dealer ship and later parked the car on a slope with the parking brake up and guess what the car started to move back again; needless to say I was somewhat disappointed. Has anyone experienced a similar problem?
Old 11-20-2003, 06:44 PM
apex locator

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

that happens to me. i just pulled the p brake much harder, and no probs. sucks because its hard to release the p brake if i pull it too hard
Old 11-20-2003, 08:50 PM
john98r

Same thing for me.. I have to pull it till the last click otherwise the car will roll. It is a pain because it gets pretty hard to pull that far.
Old 11-22-2003, 03:17 AM
Flyingscot

same issue for me. I think it's just a case of the cable stretching a little when new. Probably happened on the boat over here. Or could be a poor adjustment at the factory. In any case, there should be an adjustment screw to shorten the cable. I've been too busy to look for it. If you fine it, be careful not to make the brakes drag. You'll know it if you do. Smoke and glowing rotor will be your sign of things to come.

Fly