Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Lean with Bolt-Ons? Cause for concern?

Search this Thread

Old 10-23-2011, 01:03 PM
indyz33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Ronin82
nah, you should be good. IMHO, the best route should be to Dyno stock, put bolt-on's on thenn Dyno, then last but most of all, reflash and Dyno. but your engine should be good in between stages. took me about 4 months to get everything installed before I reflashed, and I was good.
yeah i had been meaning to dyno when i first bought it,but it was winter time and didnt feel like getting it out. so i just bought upgrades adn put them on while it was in the garage.
Old 10-26-2011, 05:57 PM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Could be the intakes. I started to run lean when I had injens on my car. Try putting the factory ones back on and re checking the a/f ratio.
Old 10-27-2011, 04:03 PM
indyz33

Originally Posted by Manjot
Could be the intakes. I started to run lean when I had injens on my car. Try putting the factory ones back on and re checking the a/f ratio.
yeah i figured as much..i have been thinking of taking the injens off and selling to a buddy of mine that bought an hr and just running stock intakes. I will probably swap them back when i change the oil here soon.

How do u like the technosquare reflash? i really wanted to get this done but i saw they dont offer anymore. So i am going to go with osiris.

Last edited by indyz33; 10-27-2011 at 04:04 PM. Reason: add info
Old 10-28-2011, 12:15 PM
Manjot

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

The reflash is great! You can really feel the difference as the car pulls harder than before. If I could do it all over again, I would go with Osiris simply because there's a lot of support for it in case you'd like to get a reflash later on. That was my intention but unfortunately Technosquare no longer offers tuning service (damn it!).

When I went to get my car tuned, I was running the dual injen intakes. The tuner said he doesn't recommend them because they make the car lose power and suggested that I swap them back with the oem ones. I did notice that the car lost a little bit of power in the upper end but gained on the low end. It's really up to you to decide. They do affect the a/f ratio so it's something you may want to take into consideration. Let me know if you have more questions.
Old 11-01-2011, 06:46 PM
indyz33

Originally Posted by Manjot
The reflash is great! You can really feel the difference as the car pulls harder than before. If I could do it all over again, I would go with Osiris simply because there's a lot of support for it in case you'd like to get a reflash later on. That was my intention but unfortunately Technosquare no longer offers tuning service (damn it!).

When I went to get my car tuned, I was running the dual injen intakes. The tuner said he doesn't recommend them because they make the car lose power and suggested that I swap them back with the oem ones. I did notice that the car lost a little bit of power in the upper end but gained on the low end. It's really up to you to decide. They do affect the a/f ratio so it's something you may want to take into consideration. Let me know if you have more questions.
Yeah i havent had a chance to change them back yet..just had my baby girl over this last weekend so probably not gonna do much with the z for a bit. Yeah i was looking into osiris also. Like you said about the injens losing low end power. I could tell when i first put them on it did and that it pulled alot harder up top. I guess i was at first just going for all out power but now i might reconsider and try for response..