Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Dealerships in AZ for Service?

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-2003, 02:35 PM
bkusnir

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dealerships in AZ for Service?

Has anyone in the Phoenix metro area brought their 350Z into one of the following dealerships for any of the issues with the Z (tire feathering/cupping, windows grease streaks, transmission)?

ABC Nissan
Brown & Brown Nissan
Earnhardt Nissan
Midway Nissan
Nissan of Scottsdale
Pinnacle Nissan

Haven't had good experiences at Scottsdale Nissan (although it is the closest one to me) and don't want to get jerked around.

Need to bring my Z in before 12 months / 12,000mi for the tire wear problem (and window grease streak problem).

--Thanks!
Old 12-09-2003, 02:58 PM
AZ350Z

Default Pinnacle Nissan

Pinnacle is pretty good. If I were you, I would leave the windows alone. Everyone I have seen with the fix rattles like hell.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:10 PM
Dizturbed

Angry ABC Nissan

I've owned my Z for just about 6 months now. Bought and unfortunately serviced at ABC. I am STILL trying to have the same items fixed from when I bought it 6 months ago.

My passenger rocker panel is pulling away from the side of the car just in front of the rear wheel. Kind of where the clear sticker is, which is also misplaced and partially hanging off the edge by the rear tire. Both items were that way when I bought it. As I mentioned, STILL trying to get them fixed. I'm on my second service advisor and he has called me back exactly as many times as my first advisor, that would be ZERO. You always have to call to see if your parts are in, no one calls you. That's if the parts were even ordered. The rocker panel has been on back order for a month or so. Of course, no one could tell me that until I called wondering where the hell it is.

I did have the grease streaks. Fortunately, they did manage to fix that. Hey, one thing fixed after 6 months isn't so bad is it?

Maybe I am just having bad luck, but I'm not sure I would say they are very good. We'll see how this new service advisor really works out.

Last edited by Dizturbed; 12-09-2003 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-09-2003, 03:39 PM
JimH

Default NO to Midway!

Bought mine @ Midway and they have been abysmal in the service area. I was forced to look around to find a non-Midway dealership (they own many under various names) and came up with West Valley Nissan. They are a family owned dealership in Glendale and a real pleasure to deal with too. Highly recommended! Regards, Jim
Old 12-09-2003, 04:23 PM
bkusnir

I think I will be going to Brown & Brown Nissan in Mesa. It is almost as close as Scottsdale Nissan, they did a great job of replacing my alternator on my '85. I got an oil change at Pinnacle and I was impressed with their facilities ... just really far away from me, especially if they have to keep the car for a while. Curious as to how Earnhardt is since they are brand new.
Old 12-10-2003, 01:15 PM
az240z

I have taken my car to Scottesdale and they have done all repairs with no problems. They fixed the window, did the right compression rod and replaced my front tires. They also repainted my 2 front rims when they were scratched doing the tire TSB. My service advisor is Juan.

So iI have no complaints about Scottesdale Nissan except that it is far away as I live in Northwest Phoenix.

Az240z
Old 12-10-2003, 01:49 PM
bkusnir

I may be a little bit over critical of them, I have been there A LOT with my '85 Z. They also would not let me test drive a 350 >( I have had many different service advisors, and had some problems with some expen$ive repairs that did not get done right. I think that was just a case of one bad mechanic though. Juan Samoa was my last advisor, he is pretty fair. Overall they have treated me OK. I need to get the following fixed:

1) Front Cloth Seat Bolster Worn (NTB03063)
2) Grease Mark Or Streak On Inside Of Door Glass (NTB03029)
3) Tire Road Noise When Braking (NTB03006)

Might need the following:

1) Driver's Seat Click Noise (NTB03076)
2) Steering Drift to the Right (NTB03046)

And I guess the window repair might cause me to need:

1) Interior Squeak And Rattle Repair (NTB02122)

Last edited by bkusnir; 12-10-2003 at 01:54 PM.
Old 12-10-2003, 07:33 PM
N74DV

No to Earnhardt

they have attempted to fix my windows 7 times! yes 7 times!

Last week the service manager told me to never bring my car back there because they don't want to fool with it anymore.... a$$holes.

I'm now in arbitration with Nissan to either get the windows fixed or buy my car back.

Earnhardt can suck my dong!
Old 12-11-2003, 08:54 AM
bkusnir

What a bunch of dicks. Well, screw them... I will probably either go back to Scottsdale or Brown and Brown. MAYBE Pinnacle, but that is 22 miles from my house and I think my car might be in the shop for a couple days. And then I am guessing a couple more days when I get it back and there are still problems with it
Old 12-12-2003, 06:18 AM
ricka

My .02 is Pinnacle Nissan sucks, ABC Nissan sucks ( this is where is bought my car). The best place I have found is Scottsdale Nissan. I had taken my car in to Pinnacle with a brake problem and they said, "Your brakes are supposed to sqeek that loud." 2 days later I took it to Scottsdale Nissan and they installed new front brakes. Scottsdale Nissan is also 20ish miles from my house but they seem to really get the job done.
Old 12-12-2003, 08:43 AM
gcross3320

Do not go to ABC Nissan! That joke of an operation is where I bought mine and it has been back to them six times for the "compression rod" problem that now has a TSB fix. Each time they gave me the car back, I was told that it was fixed. Up until the final trip in, it wasn't even close to fixed. On top of that, the service writer once told me that they couldn't swap the front tires because-his words "we don't know how to take the tires off the rims." This one stunned me. He was refering to the tire pressor sensor in the valve stems. They did not know how to work with this new design. On top of all of this, they have scrached the rims on my track model during an alignment. I have reported all this to Nissan, but they do not seem interested in helping me. I just dropped off the Z at Midway Nissan for them to complete the TSB03-006A tire feathering problem. My car has 16,000 miles and I was told by this service writer that because of the milage they will not perform the work. So now I've got another fight. I feel that the problem is Nissan. Something is not right when two dealers fight me on service items. This tells me that Nissan must not be supporting the dealers with reimbursement money. Otherwise, you would think that these service departments would go out of their way to get this work and be paid by Nissan. This is my first and last Nissan. I have only ever owned Ford's, and never had this much trouble with a Ford or a Ford dealers service department. The last Mustang I had was in the shop several times. But never twice for the same problem. And it was always fixed right with no questions asked the first time. As soon as the 2005 Mustang Cobra is avialable, I am out of this Nissan piece of junk.
Old 12-12-2003, 09:07 AM
bkusnir

Originally posted by gcross3320
... On top of that, the service writer once told me that they couldn't swap the front tires because-his words "we don't know how to take the tires off the rims." This one stunned me ... As soon as the 2005 Mustang Cobra is avialable, I am out of this Nissan piece of junk.
That is indeed hilarious, I guess the consensus is that Scottsdale Nissan is the place to go. This is easy for me because it is the closest one to me, and there is a good sports bar named Duke's by there.

I wouldn't necessily call the 350Z a piece of junk, all new model cars have problems. It is impossible to emulate all the things that people do with their cars in the real wold. It takes a year or two for all of the bugs to get worked out, just like a software program. It is unfortunate that the some of the problem we are facing are a big inconvenience, but it could be worse ... like the RX-8. I am optimistic that their will be solutions to all of our problems.
Old 12-12-2003, 10:09 AM
gcross3320

I do admit that the Z is a fun car to drive and has a lot of great things about it. But so far, the ownership experiance has been frustrating. I understand that first year problems happen, but I would expect the manufacturer and dealer to stand behind thier product and get it right. I'll work with them if only they would work with me.
Old 12-12-2003, 11:52 AM
gcross3320

Update-Midway Nissan refuses to perform TSB03-006A, swapping the front tires and adjusting the toe, because my car has 16K miles on it. Even though the tires roar and are cupping, I get no help from the dealer of manufacturer, They acknowledge that there is a problem with my car, and have a perscribed fix, but will not do the work. This sucks.
Old 12-13-2003, 10:37 AM
az240z

Originally posted by gcross3320
Update-Midway Nissan refuses to perform TSB03-006A, swapping the front tires and adjusting the toe, because my car has 16K miles on it. Even though the tires roar and are cupping, I get no help from the dealer of manufacturer, They acknowledge that there is a problem with my car, and have a perscribed fix, but will not do the work. This sucks.
Had you been to a Nissan dealership before this complining of the noise problem?

az240z
Old 12-13-2003, 12:58 PM
bkusnir

Woke up early to take my car to Scottsdale Nissan for some TSB's. They saw the 18" Rays on my Track model and told me that I would have to bring it back on Monday because they do not have the proper equipment to remove the tire from the rim and that they would have to take them somewhere else to have this done on Tuesday. They will need the car the whole day to the grease mark, steering drift, and tire wears TSBs. Great.