Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

08 350z slave cylinder problems roll call

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-2012, 11:07 AM
Aku

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I wouldnt say your advice was useless. I learned some stuff from it. I had already replaced the master cylinder before the slave cuz I thought it was the problem originally.

Update to my issue:

New slave did the trick to solve the bleeding issue.

Unfortunately while bleeding I discovered that the clutch fork pivot ball sheared in half so we pulled the trans out Friday night / yesterday. Ordered new parts but am going to call Monday and up the shipping so it's here Thursday as well as phone up motordyne for some ART pipes by Thursday as we do I can have the car runnin for the Auto-X next Sunday
Old 04-15-2012, 01:20 PM
IfastR

740 dollars later my Z is running properly. The slave problems with HR's is a joke.
Old 04-15-2012, 01:27 PM
dcains

Received 435 Likes on 342 Posts

Hate to buck the trend, but my '08 has 48K on it and has had no issues, so far. I do bleed/flush all the car's hydraulics a few times a year, though, with Ate Super Blue. I use a pressure bleeder on the brakes, and yes, gravity bleed on the clutch system.
Old 04-17-2012, 07:01 AM
Junkster

Received 18 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by Aku
I wouldnt say your advice was useless. I learned some stuff from it. I had already replaced the master cylinder before the slave cuz I thought it was the problem originally.

Update to my issue:

New slave did the trick to solve the bleeding issue.

Unfortunately while bleeding I discovered that the clutch fork pivot ball sheared in half so we pulled the trans out Friday night / yesterday. Ordered new parts but am going to call Monday and up the shipping so it's here Thursday as well as phone up motordyne for some ART pipes by Thursday as we do I can have the car runnin for the Auto-X next Sunday
haha, well im glad i helped a little haha. totally SUCKS you had to drop the tranny though fawkkkk. Go figure right? lol

Originally Posted by IfastR
740 dollars later my Z is running properly. The slave problems with HR's is a joke.
Yes indeed i agree 100%

Originally Posted by dcains
Hate to buck the trend, but my '08 has 48K on it and has had no issues, so far. I do bleed/flush all the car's hydraulics a few times a year, though, with Ate Super Blue. I use a pressure bleeder on the brakes, and yes, gravity bleed on the clutch system.
Some people get lucky i guess! around 40k seems to be the mileage marker for these things to go out though. lol, best prepare! ahha sorry not trying to jinx you or anything
Old 04-17-2012, 08:57 AM
Aku

Originally Posted by Junkster
haha, well im glad i helped a little haha. totally SUCKS you had to drop the tranny though fawkkkk. Go figure right? lol
Right. lol

Parts should be in tomorrow hoping to have the car back together over the course of tomorrow/thursday night so I can test run it to work on Friday and then bring it to the other side of MI this weekend for my first Auto-X of the year.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:17 AM
Junkster

^good ****!
Old 04-17-2012, 10:28 AM
IfastR

Originally Posted by dcains
be careful what you wish for lol
Old 04-19-2012, 04:23 AM
Aku

And Great success!!!

After replacing the CMC (which was probably fine to begin with). Replacing the Slave Cyl since it was clogged or something and wouldn't let the system bleed. And then finally realizing it was the clutch fork pivot ball that sheared in half. Upgraded to the Z1 Motorsport cast iron clutch fork while I was at it. Put the whole damn thing back together last night, bled the fluid and changed the trans fluid and drove to work this morning!
Old 04-19-2012, 06:25 AM
Junkster

^dope!