Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

DAMN YOU CHRISTMAS THIEVES!!! How do you replace glass?

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2012, 09:18 AM
campbmic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default DAMN YOU CHRISTMAS THIEVES!!! How do you replace glass?

Every Christmas I have some friends come over and hangout, most of us don't have any family so its kind of like a nontraditional Christmas for us. Mainly playing nintendo and just having fun.

Anyways, my friends left around 10pm on Christmas night and everything was normal. I wake up today (Dec 26th) and go out to my car around 10:00am and some jackass find some jackass has broken into my car

They broke the hatch and driver side windows and made off with...

-Alpine iXA-W404 Digital Media Station
-Focal Access Xplod 165 Sub Box & Xplod 1000W amp
DAMN YOU CHRISTMAS THIEVES!!! How do you replace glass?-bw07bl.jpg

DAMN YOU CHRISTMAS THIEVES!!! How do you replace glass?-64xlwl.jpg

I live in the Dallas, TX area off of lowest Greenville Ave so if anyone sees this gear in a pawn shop, craigslist, or ebay please let me know

Also, like I said, I dont really have much of a family so the holidays are more like "Oh **** I dont get to work for a week" so Im pretty broke and cant afford to have the windows fixed yet.

Does anyone know of a good write up on replacing the hatch and driver glass? Also the car is tinted, should the glass get tinted before or after install?

Thanks guys! Merry Christmas!

Last edited by campbmic; 01-17-2013 at 04:37 PM.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:41 AM
faiz23
FEZZZZZZ

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Thats a decent head unit. The amp, sub and other mismatch jbl with xplod sub ... I think they did you a favor. I will be on the look out for craigslist since I am always dumpster diving on craigslist. Pawn shops is not my territory so I would recommend you get word out to them. I am around North Dallas area and hope insurance will take care of you on the window, head unit, subs and amp. Not sure what your deductible is and if you plan to go with insurance or pay out of pocket as not to take a hit on premium.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:00 PM
campbmic

Ya I unfortunately just have liability so they wont cover anything any tutorials on replacing the glass?
Old 12-26-2012, 12:09 PM
Highway Riding

Received 95 Likes on 80 Posts

Sorry to hear man... Thieving makes my blood boil. Hope the fawkers have a heart attack or walk head first into a bullet!
Old 12-26-2012, 12:49 PM
JaE35z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

terrible man, thieves are so bad in dallas
Old 12-26-2012, 02:33 PM
FWM69

Check the forums for any of the windows, one dude from the forums contacted me and offered me his window for dirt cheap when they broke into my car but I had already had it replaced. I got my passenger window redone for 225 I believe so if you can do it, more power to you.
Old 12-26-2012, 05:09 PM
WYZIWYG

Received 203 Likes on 150 Posts

That sucks to hear. When my passenger side was broken into my insurance wanted me to wait for an entire week to replace it so I went directly to a dealer and they charged me double to fix it that day.

Pretty sure you need to replace all the glass and then get it tinted...
Old 12-26-2012, 05:38 PM
zeroaccessinc

If you have renter's insurance you can claim the subs since they aren't mounted in the car...
Old 12-26-2012, 06:09 PM
taywan

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Hard to understand 2 different subs in there? Well I hope it all works out well for sure! Just take it to a smaller glass shop and they shouldn't be too bad. GL
Old 12-26-2012, 06:11 PM
JaE35z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you know anything about dallas you know you can get **** done for cheap...when my window got smashed i had someone come to my job and install glass in the parking lot for 80 bucks
Old 12-26-2012, 06:35 PM
SR71
Lead Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 305 Likes on 166 Posts

Still can't believe people have just liability on a car like this., its not a $2500 winter beater its still a 10k + car.
Old 12-26-2012, 08:41 PM
TuckerE36

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SR71
Still can't believe people have just liability on a car like this., its not a $2500 winter beater its still a 10k + car.
Exactly!!! Like What The Hell guys!!! Get full coverage!!! If you can't afford full coverage then you shouldn't have bought the car! That being said, yes that sucks some dick stole your stuff but shame on you for not having full coverage to get your windows replaced.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:40 PM
HuyabusaMMA

I had to get my back window tinted and replaced as well but because hail, i believe they tinted mine first then put it on. If the place can get the broken glass up it is effeminately worth paying the money, I had glass everywhere. Also i own a pawnshop and i would recommend going and telling them a description and pics if you got them because if we give money on stolen items were usually out the money so if they see them they usually will hold them behind the counter and get the peoples id then call police. Those subs would stand out for sure as most subs we get are matching pairs and we get a ton of subs.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:18 PM
campbmic

Heres a pic of the damage

DAMN YOU CHRISTMAS THIEVES!!! How do you replace glass?-itlk9l.jpg
DAMN YOU CHRISTMAS THIEVES!!! How do you replace glass?-ik1u4l.jpg
DAMN YOU CHRISTMAS THIEVES!!! How do you replace glass?-oxgyel.jpg
DAMN YOU CHRISTMAS THIEVES!!! How do you replace glass?-swtvfl.jpg
DAMN YOU CHRISTMAS THIEVES!!! How do you replace glass?-eevacl.jpg

Last edited by campbmic; 01-07-2013 at 10:52 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 08:32 PM
RMichael

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Highway Riding
Sorry to hear man... Thieving makes my blood boil. Hope the fawkers have a heart attack or walk head first into a bullet!
concur
Old 12-28-2012, 08:35 AM
bmccann101
350Z-holic

Received 399 Likes on 227 Posts

horrible system.. and I bet you learned your lesson about having stereo equipment showing in your hatch didnt you?
SOrry your car got jacked and that it got hammered like it did.... but as an "older" member who's been thru this many times when he was younger..
YOU DID REALLY ASK FOR IT.

sorry to add insult to injury. But buy reasonable componenets and pick better places to install your gear. This isnt a 91 civic hatchback man.. cmon dude.
Old 12-28-2012, 01:34 PM
805350z

That's very unfortunate. Any tint on the glass?
Old 12-28-2012, 03:10 PM
laurentj23

That sucks bro. I had my top vandalized as well so i know how you feel. Hope the insurance treats you well!
Old 12-30-2012, 12:09 AM
big_dish

Be glad someone saved you from that janky box.

If you got in a minor front end accident, that box could possibly kill you or your passenger- or both. Be glad someone took that stupid setup off your hands.

Sorry you got jacked, it really is a super sh*tty thing for someone to do to you- but learn from it. Not trying to be the Z police... but that set up really was garbage (and dangerous)...

You may have more dash damage then you think, also. If that ribbon for your climate control was damaged, its costly. And if any of the dash frame work was damaged, you could be looking at some hefty costs too.

Please- install/hide valuables/electronics. Dont give anyone a reason to break a window in the first place. And dont ever have anything heavy free-floating in your hatch.
Old 01-02-2013, 01:13 AM
dubbingt

Sorry to hear about what happened. It sucks. My passenger side window got smashed 2 days ago when I was at a friends party. Luckily I was in my cheap car and not the Z but I had contemplated which one to take earlier that day.

The thieves didn't even take anything. Luck is on my side since I just bought a passenger window for it for $25. Just waiting for it to come in now.

I hope things work out for ya. Kinda strange that your alarm didn't go off.

Quick Reply: DAMN YOU CHRISTMAS THIEVES!!! How do you replace glass?