Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks man
Old 10-30-2013, 07:54 PM
stogey420time
Club Moderator
the Hot Spot

Received 78 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
Bro, I had my clutch slave cylinder replaced by the dealership several years ago due to the recall and I had the same issue. It was always at 1200 rpms no matter what gear but the worse in first going from 0 mph. It would go to that rpm then have a big surge almost as if the throttle was hit. It only did it after the install by Nissan. All I can say is: is something to do with an improper install by those half *** mechanics at the dealership. I've recently had my slave cylinder master cylinder and clutch replaced and the problem is gone. Hope this helps.

Edit: in short the problem is something to do with your slave cylinder or the clutch. It needs to be reinstalled or adjusted.
Dude your post tells my story word for word!!! It goes away after a couple of surges. It's not constant but happens every now and then. At 85k miles I'm still on my original clutch (1 owner) so if and when time comes, I'll look into replacing what's mentioned in this thread.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:27 AM
Callmetony

Originally Posted by stogey420time
Dude your post tells my story word for word!!! It goes away after a couple of surges. It's not constant but happens every now and then. At 85k miles I'm still on my original clutch (1 owner) so if and when time comes, I'll look into replacing what's mentioned in this thread.
I believe I am in the same situation as several guys on this thread. Some other threads focused on Master/Slave cylinder issues recommend this Zspeed replacement package that uses metallic rather than plastic housing for master cylinder. Should last a lot longer and the price isn't so bad. The webpage also claims that the insulation prevents inconsistent throttling at high temperatures. You can get just the slave cylinder alone without the extra items for I think 200$. Check it out if you think your troubleshooting has pinpointed the issue on this system.

http://zspeedperformance.com/ZSpeed-...VMSTRFLUID.htm

@CALIDREW
I doubt faulty spark plugs could cause a jerking at low RPM's. If you do decide to change them out let us know if it works.

Last edited by Callmetony; 10-31-2013 at 05:31 AM. Reason: Had incorrect link.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:31 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Originally Posted by Callmetony
I believe I am in the same situation as several guys on this thread. Some other threads focused on Slave cylinder recommend this Zspeed replacement package that uses metallic rather than plastic housing. Should last a lot longer and the price isn't so bad.
ZSpeed will last forever. It's a heavy duty metal. (I have it)

@CALIDREW
I doubt faulty spark plugs could cause a jerking at low RPM's. If you do decide to change them out let us know if it works.
We've already established it's a faulty install of either the slave cylinder or the clutch. It needs to be fixed or adjusted.

Last edited by Nismo350z#0310; 10-31-2013 at 05:32 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:42 AM
Callmetony

Originally Posted by Nismo350z#0310
ZSpeed will last forever. It's a heavy duty metal. (I have it)

We've already established it's a faulty install of either the slave cylinder or the clutch. It needs to be fixed or adjusted.
Thanks for confirming. My only personal concern is if the issue I'm experiencing (jerking back and forth at low rpm) is actually the same issue as OP. I plan on getting the Zspeed master/slave cylinder upgrade kit regardless.

I don't feel like my car is throttling without my action though. It feels more like the gearbox is dragging. When I'm coasting in 1st gear I feel resistance compared to when I'm coasting in neutral. Keep in mind this is my first manual car that I've had for less then 6 months now so I'm still learning the nuances.
Old 10-31-2013, 05:47 AM
Nismo350z#0310

Received 562 Likes on 441 Posts

Thanks for confirming. My only personal concern is if the issue I'm experiencing (jerking back and forth at low rpm) is actually the same issue as OP. I plan on getting the Zspeed master/slave cylinder upgrade kit regardless.

I don't feel like my car is throttling without my action though. It feels more like the gearbox is dragging. When I'm coasting in 1st gear I feel resistance compared to when I'm coasting in neutral. Keep in mind this is my first manual car that I've had for less then 6 months now so I'm still learning the nuances.

lol, this is normal with all manual cars. It's the gear winding down. It's also a good thing as you can downshift when slowing down and it doesn't work your brakes as hard. Try it, it's rather fun.