Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Parking light not working

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2013, 10:17 AM
corey92p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation Parking light not working

New to the forum and my first post!

I recently decided to switch out my parking lights in the front, to LED lights. I am not sure if this problem began before my switch or not, but I noticed after I installed the LEDs. After installation I noticed the front driver-side parking light works properly, however the passenger-side will not turn on. I've tried multiple bulbs in case I had a faulty LED and it never turns on. Are there different fuses for the driver's side and passenger-side parking lights? Any suggestions what to do? If this is an easy fix, I really don't want to go to the shop and get robbed.
Thanks
2005 350z touring
Old 11-21-2013, 01:02 PM
SQuaLZ

Received 116 Likes on 90 Posts

Did you try rotating the bulb and plugging back in? Those bulbs have a positive and negative and they only work one way, which is why I test before putting everything back.

To my knowledge the left and right headlights are separate fuses. Did you try the stock halogen after to see if that worked?
Old 11-21-2013, 03:01 PM
corey92p

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The headlights work properly, but rotating the bulbs is one thing I did not do. Maybe there's some chance that I had every bulb I tested the wrong way. I will check again tomorrow, making sure to rotate it just in case. I'll also try to see if there's an issue with the fuse.