Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

help)water leak on passenger side dash

Search this Thread

Old 05-31-2015, 11:52 AM
jzk91

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default help)water leak on passenger side dash

It was raining pretty bad and after highway drive i noticed there were small water puddle on passenger side. it is dripping from gray plastic tube around wire harness. does anyone can help me where it would be leaking?

the gray part around harness is where the water drops.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:47 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

If that's coming out of your firewall, pull gently on the loom to see if the grommet has separated and the seal is broken. You can either A) replace the grommet (a pain) or B) try to re-seal it with some silicone (easy).
Old 06-01-2015, 04:30 PM
jzk91

Originally Posted by zakmartin
If that's coming out of your firewall, pull gently on the loom to see if the grommet has separated and the seal is broken. You can either A) replace the grommet (a pain) or B) try to re-seal it with some silicone (easy).

thank you. yes you are right i opened it up and previous owned wraped it up with electric tape.. plus all the ***** clips were broken;;since it was getting dark, i put more tape for temporary but will need to actually solve the problem.
i honestly wont be able to replace it since i dont think i will be able to remove all the wire but i can do silicon job i guess.
anyway thank you for the input. looks like your the expert on it. i see your answers all the water leak problems lol.
Old 06-02-2015, 09:55 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

Yeah, I've been there. Silicone kitchen and bathroom caulk works well. Get the clear, fast curing kind and wear latex gloves when you're slopping it on. If there's any rust, hit it with some Rustoleum or POR-15 first. No one's going to see it under there, so don't worry too much about how it looks. Also, make sure you get your carpet completely dry (use a fan, if possible).
Old 06-03-2015, 05:49 PM
jzk91

Originally Posted by zakmartin
Yeah, I've been there. Silicone kitchen and bathroom caulk works well. Get the clear, fast curing kind and wear latex gloves when you're slopping it on. If there's any rust, hit it with some Rustoleum or POR-15 first. No one's going to see it under there, so don't worry too much about how it looks. Also, make sure you get your carpet completely dry (use a fan, if possible).
thank you. yea never have experience with silicon, and that helps a lot.
thankfully there were no rust. yea just need to peel off all the tape and silicon seal it then. The side towards wall is really hard to get to tho.