Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Help: blower motor stuck on High /defrost /controls not lighting up

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2015, 04:35 PM
Rexrodriguez

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help: blower motor stuck on High /defrost /controls not lighting up

Hello all ,My heater controls do not work they only stay on defrost/high/hot the ***** do not light up at all .
I got my 03 last month and the dealer told me the radio was stolen out of the car one of the radio harnesses was shorting out the tail lights so I taped up the harness changed the taillight fuse and problem solved but I'm still stuck without any ac/heat control. After doing a little research I have read about the ac control amp failing and causing similar issues . Does anybody know how to test the ac amp and the control ***** . Or any other suggestions ?
Old 12-14-2015, 08:00 AM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

If the problem started after you played around with the shorting radio harness, then you should start by undoing whatever you did before the A/C controls went out and see if the problem corrects itself. Then carefully fix the harness problem correctly.

The little white ac control amp is ridiculously overpriced, even at junk yards. Make sure all your connectors to it are snug and the ribbon cables aren't damaged. Also, make sure that your A/C control dial wire is plugged in (obviously).
Old 12-14-2015, 08:16 AM
travlee
Master

Received 9,048 Likes on 6,514 Posts

Originally Posted by zakmartin
If the problem started after you played around with the shorting radio harness, then you should start by undoing whatever you did before the A/C controls went out and see if the problem corrects itself. Then carefully fix the harness problem correctly.

The little white ac control amp is ridiculously overpriced, even at junk yards. Make sure all your connectors to it are snug and the ribbon cables aren't damaged. Also, make sure that your A/C control dial wire is plugged in (obviously).
if i remember correctly, if it is not properly seated it will cause these problems
The following users liked this post:
Rexrodriguez (12-23-2015)
Old 12-14-2015, 03:02 PM
zakmartin

Received 512 Likes on 377 Posts

^^ Yeah, actually, I think that might have happened with me the first time I changed out my head unit. That's how I also know how ridiculously expensive the amps are (thinking that I might need one). I ended up unhooking everything, spraying all the connectors down with some deOxit and re-connected everything and the air controls worked fine after that.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:17 AM
Rexrodriguez

Well it's been broken since I bought it the ribbon cable has creases in it but I don't see it broken anywhere
Old 12-23-2015, 06:19 AM
Rexrodriguez

Originally Posted by travlee
if i remember correctly, if it is not properly seated it will cause these problems
Well mine is just hanging there as the tabs that hold it are broken off does it ground by sitting in there properly ? I don't think I've seen any metal on the box where it would ground though.
Old 12-23-2015, 06:21 AM
Rexrodriguez

^^ Yeah, actually, I think that might have happened with me the first time I changed out my head unit. That's how I also know how ridiculously expensive the amps are (thinking that I might need one). I ended up unhooking everything, spraying all the connectors down with some deOxit and re-connected everything and the air controls worked fine after that.
All the connectors look fine except the ribbon cable was kind of loose at the ac amp I tightened it up but still no help
Old 12-23-2015, 09:20 AM
beezee

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

There is a high chance that cable went bad. The wiring in it is not very strong. It doesn't take much to damage them. I wish nissan put that thing somewhere else. Causes such a headache when removing the radio