Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

HELP- Car wont engage in clutch after clutch replacement

Old 10-22-2018, 06:17 PM
Heizuke

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HELP- Car wont engage in clutch after clutch replacement

Hi there I'm new on the forum also a beginner when working on cars and I would like some of you guys help. So basically about a month ago I installed an exedy clutch to my 2008 350z because I was changing the slave so I thought might as well change the clutch as well. After the install I realized that it was hard to put it into gear and the higher I went the harder it becomes. I thought that it might've been because the master wasn't pushing enough fluid to the slave so I replaced the master but I still had the same result. So I opened the transmission again this time I installed the Cmak CSC elimination kit and put it back together. Now after I was done I dealt with the same issue when it's hard to put it into gear and the higher the gears go the harder it is to put it into gear(It's impossible to put it in reverse). So I thought since this is the second time happening I decided to just drop it and test drive it maybe it will fix itself when the disc gets worn but no. Now when it's on the ground it doesnt engage in any gear at all. At the moment I'm out of options on what to do, I really dont want to drop it a second time because it's a pain to do so but if I must I'll do it. I just want to know what I did wrong and how do I solve it. I read somewhere that the pilot bearing has to be replaced when doing a clutch but I didn't do it could that cause that issue? Or what other thing could be affecting it. Any ideas would be appreciated it. Thanks
Old 10-23-2018, 05:59 AM
iideadeyeii

Received 232 Likes on 185 Posts

Defective pressure plate? Happened to me once and it wouldn't let me fully disengage the clutch.
Old 04-18-2019, 07:34 AM
TheKobester

Did you bleed the clutch all the way? Did you adjust the clutch pedal after changing the clutch? Can you feel the clutch engage/disengage at all? Did you put the clutch disk on the right way (the part that sticks out faces away from the engine)?

If you can feel the clutch engage or disengage, where does it grab, high or low to the floor?
Old 04-18-2019, 08:08 AM
travlee
Master

Received 6,022 Likes on 4,162 Posts

Originally Posted by TheKobester View Post
Did you bleed the clutch all the way? Did you adjust the clutch pedal after changing the clutch? Can you feel the clutch engage/disengage at all? Did you put the clutch disk on the right way (the part that sticks out faces away from the engine)?

If you can feel the clutch engage or disengage, where does it grab, high or low to the floor?
six months late to the party, and the op hasnt logged in for 5 months now
Old 04-18-2019, 05:47 PM
TheKobester

Originally Posted by travlee View Post
six months late to the party, and the op hasnt logged in for 5 months now
Yep, realized that after I was just looking through the posts and thought “that post was probably a year old”

Whatever ¯\_(ツ)_/¯