its not on straight, or messed up
The following users liked this post:
jhc (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 01:07 PM
MB037

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by travlee
its not on straight, or messed up
I mean it's an idea, but having had the consult hooked up and seeing what it's reading, it seems to be working as intended.
It can't be installed wrong as it's been good for years. I can see it being broken or something crapping out, but then the readings it gives are OK.

​​​​​​I might check the mounting of the G sensor, see if something is awry there. And I'll start the diff buildup this weekend hopefully, get that sorted as soon as.
The following users liked this post:
calvin.w (06-18-2020)
Old 06-18-2020, 07:52 PM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

Originally Posted by MB037
I mean it's an idea, but having had the consult hooked up and seeing what it's reading, it seems to be working as intended.
It can't be installed wrong as it's been good for years. I can see it being broken or something crapping out, but then the readings it gives are OK.

​​​​​​I might check the mounting of the G sensor, see if something is awry there. And I'll start the diff buildup this weekend hopefully, get that sorted as soon as.
You may be missing the fine point.
The VDC system works off each wheel speed, yaw sensor and steering wheel angle, all at the same time. If you've replaced the steering wheel several times and your traction control kicks in on turns there's your clue- the problem is likely in your steering column/wheel orientation.
Old 06-18-2020, 08:10 PM
MB037

Originally Posted by jhc
You may be missing the fine point.
The VDC system works off each wheel speed, yaw sensor and steering wheel angle, all at the same time. If you've replaced the steering wheel several times and your traction control kicks in on turns there's your clue- the problem is likely in your steering column/wheel orientation.
Yeah I get what you mean for sure. It's like the tyre diameter thing though,which is the default vdc answer. It's always had these sizes on for my 4 or 5 years of ownership, no issue. And yeah we found out the tyres were the right diameters overall.

My thinking leads to the steering sensor too, or something buggering up in rh corners only, whatever it may be. Steering seems likely.
But having done the wheel change 3 years ago and multiple tyre sets later, the only issue to my mind would be it being broken or sending wonky data. But the tech was satisfied with what was coming out of the consult. I think the last things to try would be part swapping like that, sadly though its all rather pricey stuff it seems, well here at least.
Old 06-19-2020, 05:53 AM
jhc
General & Tech Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 2,225 Likes on 1,594 Posts

I'd been super interested if it were the gyro/yaw sensor gone bad. Never ever heard a confirmed malfunction of one on here. Gl!
Old 09-14-2020, 04:00 PM
MB037

Originally Posted by jhc
I'd been super interested if it were the gyro/yaw sensor gone bad. Never ever heard a confirmed malfunction of one on here. Gl!
Coming back to this...
Well, the sensor is still nicely installed, not loose to give false G readings.

So with the Consult saying all systems are good, I'm gunna change the front hub and bearing assy's. One tech here had mentioned that cured a strange VDC issue they had on some guys car. I also found one post here regarding the corroded old hubs causing one guy some strange ABS issues in the cold. Hub change, problem gone.
I also found one thread where a guy described the EXACT same issue, VDC going off in RH corners only, but there was no resolution in that thread, back from 2012.

So surely this will be it. I'll change them and see if it cures it. To be fair, the fronts are probably due. Near 200,000kms and I don't think they were done by the previous owner. Just the rears, and the rears don't pick up the speed from them, so I'm ruling them out.