Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

Traded for this 04 Roadster Touring 6MT

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2024, 11:55 AM
Thomasvfree

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Traded for this 04 Roadster Touring 6MT

Making sure my engine is good, I am ordering new skid plate from Z1 very soon. Otherwise I did a engine flush with xtreme and put new oem filter and 5w30 in. Just making sure this tick sound is normal? I’ve read there are not really lifters so it’s a common old school sound, thanks for the help!
Old 07-20-2024, 11:57 AM
Thomasvfree

https://streamable.com/9tp3ln
Old 07-20-2024, 12:16 PM
Thomasvfree

https://streamable.com/9tp3ln

cant upload it from phone its to big..
Old 07-21-2024, 04:09 PM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,304 Likes on 904 Posts

Welcome, but if you didn't get a PDI from a competent Nissan tech before purchase, I'd still suggest you get one now. Rather than rely on guesses from an internet board, you could get a hands-on assessment from a pro so you'll learn what kind of condition your new ZR is in. Perhaps you could give us some details on your latest purchase: how many miles and what color and model is it?

Last edited by dkmura; 07-21-2024 at 04:12 PM. Reason: edit
The following users liked this post:
Thomasvfree (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:22 AM
Thomasvfree

Originally Posted by dkmura
Welcome, but if you didn't get a PDI from a competent Nissan tech before purchase, I'd still suggest you get one now. Rather than rely on guesses from an internet board, you could get a hands-on assessment from a pro so you'll learn what kind of condition your new ZR is in. Perhaps you could give us some details on your latest purchase: how many miles and what color and model is it?
Where and how much to access one? I know of none personally.

my mechanic is going to adjust the lifters this weekend to hopefully see if that’s the tick for sure.

99,394 miles, Orange 2004 Roadster Touring
Old Yesterday, 07:33 AM
dkmura
General & DIY Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 1,304 Likes on 904 Posts

If your mechanic says he's going to adjust the lifters, you're in a deeper hole than you think. The VQ35DE is an DOHC design and doesn't use lifters. If not repainted, the color of your metallic orange ZR is likely LeMans Sunset.

As for where and who to get a PDI from, I'd check with your local Z car club to see which shop they might recommend.
Old Yesterday, 08:19 AM
Thomasvfree

Originally Posted by dkmura
If your mechanic says he's going to adjust the lifters, you're in a deeper hole than you think. The VQ35DE is an DOHC design and doesn't use lifters. If not repainted, the color of your metallic orange ZR is likely LeMans Sunset.

As for where and who to get a PDI from, I'd check with your local Z car club to see which shop they might recommend.
I won’t let him touch this car then. Theres a reputable shop but we do not get along they are a bit prejudice it seems every visit with my previous car. Ill try to see if it can get diagnosed somewhere reputable ai am only 29 not a money printer just yet! It’s running super reliable as of now though! Just wish I could narrow the tick sound out so I can slap some bolt ons up.

Also the local car scene is dead, no facebook groups. Everyone mods on there own time and no shops will install aftermarket parts nearby without travel rofl

Last edited by Thomasvfree; Yesterday at 08:21 AM.