Notices
Maintenance & Repair 350Z up keep and diagnosing/fixing problems

small door ding, replace whole door?

Search this Thread

Old 03-26-2004, 05:01 PM
outlawz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default small door ding, replace whole door?

well, it was bound to happen. first ding on my new 2004 SS track (only 500 miles grr). blame the parking garage attendant, but at this point it doesn't matter whose fault it is. passenger side has a really small minor dimple...only noticeable if you look at it from an angle. this might sound extreme, but if i wanted to replace the whole door...is that advised? would the paint not match exactly with a replacement door? any idea how much it would cost? thanks guys...

Last edited by outlawz; 03-26-2004 at 05:05 PM.
Old 03-26-2004, 05:33 PM
mode101

No, you dont have to replace the door for a small ding. Take it to one of those dent doctor places. I have had several dings removed from those outfits. you cant even tell. some will even come out to your work and do it.

If you dont know where one is, call the nissan dealer, they probably have someone come out on a regular basis removing dings from the used cars.

cost around $75-$150

good luck
Old 03-26-2004, 07:14 PM
havabooz

the MOST you should spend to fix this (assuming the dent doctor thing doesnt work) is that they have to fill the hole a bit and repaint the whole door

300 at the MOST....do not replace your entire door..that would be crazy...

i know its hard to deal with but you must get used to tiny scratches and dents...ok..maybe not dents but tiny scratches...especially in nyc....i live in brooklyn and i see ppl hitting other ppls cars alllllllll the time when parking and stuff...ppl have no regard....i never give my car to a valet...sometimes i park it in lots but i inspect the car before and after
Old 03-26-2004, 10:09 PM
s9am_me

i have 2 phat ones on the passenger side already. I might take it to the those dent repair places. sounds like the best idea. I don't think you should replace the whole door tho. would cost too much for such a small thing. I feel you tho.. i hate seeing it. Its like the car is so beautiful and clean, then there's the dimple.. UGHHHH!!!!!
Old 03-27-2004, 05:56 AM
outlawz

Originally posted by havabooz
the MOST you should spend to fix this (assuming the dent doctor thing doesnt work) is that they have to fill the hole a bit and repaint the whole door

300 at the MOST....do not replace your entire door..that would be crazy...

i know its hard to deal with but you must get used to tiny scratches and dents...ok..maybe not dents but tiny scratches...especially in nyc....i live in brooklyn and i see ppl hitting other ppls cars alllllllll the time when parking and stuff...ppl have no regard....i never give my car to a valet...sometimes i park it in lots but i inspect the car before and after
thanks for the advice guys...i'm sure you all know how i feel...was hoping to have a few thousand miles on the baby before anything dumb might happen to it but what can you do. havabooz...i live in manhattan so i have no choice but to hand it over to an attendant that prob couldn't care less about my car (although i tip them good every time..bastards!)....btw do you have pics of your Z?

Last edited by outlawz; 05-06-2008 at 04:25 AM.
Old 04-08-2004, 06:02 AM
Nappi82

I know how you feel, I ran into the store this morning and when I came out someone had scratched up my rear bumper. They must have tried to pull into a spot or something, scratched up my car then took off son of a bi*ch! Not only is the bumper scrached but there is a little ding right one the quater panel (right where the bumper and panel meet). I took it to a guy I know and its $450 to fix. (two places wanted) $700 Not that bad but I hope you wont be able to tell...dam
Old 04-08-2004, 09:44 AM
KuyaEasy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just got 3 small door dings fixed not too long ago on the passenger side door. Cost me $135.00 from dentguys.com. Came to my house, took about 10 mins, and I COULD NOT believe the quality of work. I looked at the door...and said "WOW". It's like brand new.
Old 04-08-2004, 09:46 AM
KuyaEasy

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by KuyaEasy
I just got 3 small door dings fixed not too long ago on the passenger side door. Cost me $135.00 from dentguys.com. Came to my house, took about 10 mins, and I COULD NOT believe the quality of work. I looked at the door...and said "WOW". It's like brand new.
Oh I was about to say... the other place I recommend is DENTPRO.COM

Just my 02 cents.
Old 04-08-2004, 11:31 AM
ranger5oh

LOL.. replace the door over 1 ding. Someone makes a LOT more money than me!