Solve Tire Feathering

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2005, 06:25 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kgb
I have EVO control arms.
Has anyone heard of K-Mac camber arms for the front and rear. They are a one peice constructed arm similar to the 350Evo's. Ive heard several that have gotten the Kinetix and werent happy. They said that they didnt even get instructions with them?? But anyway, Ive been looking at the 350Evo's and found this company K-Mac out of Australia that make a very nice camber arm going for 625 usd and I believe 35 usd for shipping. I would be interested in hearing anyones comments on this company. Thanks.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:02 AM
bosotheclown2002

I sent several inquires to K-Mac over the past couple of years and never got a reply back. The last I heard was that they never completed development on the front a-arm replacements for the 350Z. I have Kinetix rear camber arms which are very good. The K-Mac replacement rear "bushings" are a totally different item all though they are susposed to do the same job.
Old 05-04-2005, 08:52 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by bosotheclown2002
I sent several inquires to K-Mac over the past couple of years and never got a reply back. The last I heard was that they never completed development on the front a-arm replacements for the 350Z. I have Kinetix rear camber arms which are very good. The K-Mac replacement rear "bushings" are a totally different item all though they are susposed to do the same job.
Ive been reading alot about kinetix, but I understand they do not have the adjustability on their front camber arms and arent as good of quality as the 350Evos. Do you have any experience with their front camber arms?? Really the only thing im doing towards my car being lowered is putting the S-tune susp on but I wanted to upgrade the camber arms. Also putting a 19" 9.5 and 10.5 wheel on.. Thanks for the help..
Old 05-04-2005, 11:08 AM
slaponte

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, some of those are opinions of course.

I have Kinetix front and rear arms on. The parts work well, my camber was adjusted to factory specs per the latest TSB, I have no complaints. By looking at them compared to the EVOs they might not seem as strong, but I don't know that there is factual data about this besides the looks. I haven't heard of Kinetix front arms failures, and even if one happens, does not seem to be a pervasive issue.

Some say they are not as esy to adjust. If you plan to adjust frequently, then I probably would concurr. But it is not a major issue I think, since you take off one nut, turn the joint in or out, and then put the nut back on, so... But I don't have practical (on the track) experience on this.

In the end you have to weight cost vs convenience, and that of course is in the eye of the beholder. For my needs the Kinetix arms worked perfectly at a good cost level.
Old 05-05-2005, 10:55 AM
ncparamedic
Prodigal Son

Originally Posted by slaponte
Well, some of those are opinions of course.

I have Kinetix front and rear arms on. The parts work well, my camber was adjusted to factory specs per the latest TSB, I have no complaints. By looking at them compared to the EVOs they might not seem as strong, but I don't know that there is factual data about this besides the looks. I haven't heard of Kinetix front arms failures, and even if one happens, does not seem to be a pervasive issue.

Some say they are not as esy to adjust. If you plan to adjust frequently, then I probably would concurr. But it is not a major issue I think, since you take off one nut, turn the joint in or out, and then put the nut back on, so... But I don't have practical (on the track) experience on this.

In the end you have to weight cost vs convenience, and that of course is in the eye of the beholder. For my needs the Kinetix arms worked perfectly at a good cost level.
Maybe i read too much into a previous post..The guy said that when he put them on, they didnt fit right or something was loose so he just put his stock onesback on. Did yours go on tight with out any problems..how long have you had them?
Old 05-05-2005, 01:13 PM
myz8a4re

i too have the kinetix front & rear arms. i installed all my suspension pieces myself & all the kinetix pieces went on w/o much hassle. the front arms only have 3 mounting locations. 2 upper bolt mounts where the arms mount to body/front member & the joint where it connects to the spindle......the problems you heard may be about a trouble removing the 2 upper bolts since they cannot be pulled out all the way w/o hitting the coilspring, the bolts are too long. i installed mine when i was installing my eibachs so the front coilover had to come out anyways. best time to do it IMO. but this is the case with all the front camber arms since they all have the same mounting locations!
just to add to the "ease of adjustment" concern, i actually made some camber adjustments with the tire left on. i jacked up the front/side i was working on (unloading the suspension making room to work above the tire) leaving plenty of room to remove the spindle nut, loosen the jam nut & make necessay adjustments.......most all of the aftermarket camber arms require removal of the wheel for adjusting anyways. so i would say they have to be pretty close as far as adjustment goes, even if the actual adjusting procedure varies......

-justin