Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Added some tint to the Z

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2006, 08:21 AM
tree 50

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Added some tint to the Z

We just took the Z to get it tinted yesterday. I think it turned out tip top but I don't know how well it shows up in these pictures. I had the back glass done in 20% and the sides and windshield is done in 35%. When I was following my wife home I could still see through the car looking through the back glass so it's not like it's super black. I think it's just dark enough to add a little character and privacy to it.

Old 07-02-2006, 08:34 AM
Dubai

looks nice
Old 07-02-2006, 08:39 AM
SH82N-Z
Banned

yeah looks good.
Old 07-02-2006, 08:44 AM
dkmesa350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

You had the windshiel tinted? I'm pretty sure thats illegal everywhere and kinda dangerous...looks sweet though!
Old 07-02-2006, 09:08 AM
tree 50

Originally Posted by dkmesa350z
You had the windshiel tinted? I'm pretty sure thats illegal everywhere and kinda dangerous...looks sweet though!
Ah yes, VERY illegal but not dangerous. It is a very light tint that matches the doors (which are legal). Our fine members of law enforcement only check the doors (they have a meter or gauge that they slide over the glass). Even if they wanted to check the front or back (also illegaly tinted) they couldn't. The standard reply would be "I bought it this way, I assume it's factory". I have four vehicles in my yard with tinted windshields and have never been stopped for it. My brother used to have a lowrider mazda with a bedfull of speakers and he got stopped for his tint all the time. His truck had two layers of Limo on the back glass and 35% on the doors. His windshield had a 6" strip of Limo across the top and was done in 35% from there down. Every time his tint checked legal the law would just shake their heads and send him on his way. Once you get used to driving with the tint on the front it's hard to go without it. It's really not as dark as you think it would be, you can still see the steering wheel in the pics through the front. And like I said when I was following her home I could see in the back glass and out the front. Here's a couple pics of my other rides with tinted windshields.

Old 07-02-2006, 10:18 AM
Farhan

You may say it's not very dangerous but driving w/ a tinted front windshield at night is like driving w/ sunglasses at night, i.e. stupid and hazardous to yourself and everyone else on the road.

Sorry, man. That's about the most careless mod one perform on his/her car. I don't think it makes your car look cool. Makes you look like an ignorant retard. Buy some freakin' sunglasses and deal w/ the sun coming through the front windshield like the rest of the world.

Your alleged privacy is much less important than the safety of those that share the road with you.

Oh, and I know you're going to reply saying, 'I've been driving like this for years and have had no problems... I'm used to it... blah, blah, blah.' I don't give two ****s. You're a hazard to everyone that shares the road w/ you and you should be kicked in the face repeatedly until you learn that lesson.
Old 07-02-2006, 10:32 AM
savvy

Z looks awesome man
Old 07-02-2006, 10:35 AM
tree 50

Originally Posted by Farhan
You may say it's not very dangerous but driving w/ a tinted front windshield at night is like driving w/ sunglasses at night, i.e. stupid and hazardous to yourself and everyone else on the road.

Sorry, man. That's about the most careless mod one perform on his/her car. I don't think it makes your car look cool. Makes you look like an ignorant retard. Buy some freakin' sunglasses and deal w/ the sun coming through the front windshield like the rest of the world.

Your alleged privacy is much less important than the safety of those that share the road with you.

Oh, and I know you're going to reply saying, 'I've been driving like this for years and have had no problems... I'm used to it... blah, blah, blah.' I don't give two ****s. You're a hazard to everyone that shares the road w/ you and you should be kicked in the face repeatedly until you learn that lesson.
Wow, thanks for your assistance in pointing out my ignorance! I never looked at things that way before. I guess all this time I just did things the way I wanted them to be. I never thought I was doing it so a complete stranger in Chicago would think I was cool. Now please go find every other thread which describes driving in excess of the speed limit or competing in a contest of speed on the street. I am sure these people would also like to be informed of how they should be kicked in the face repeatedly until their IQ increases. Congratulations on your new position of informing the general population of their violations and general ignorance. Oh and please don't let the anonimity of a message board allow you to believe you have the ability or right to inflict violence upon others for their choices. Oh, and welcome to the board!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:36 AM
savvy

Originally Posted by tree 50
Wow, thanks for your assistance in pointing out my ignorance! I never looked at things that way before. I guess all this time I just did things the way I wanted them to be. I never thought I was doing it so a complete stranger in Chicago would think I was cool. Now please go find every other thread which describes driving in excess of the speed limit or competing in a contest of speed on the street. I am sure these people would also like to be informed of how they should be kicked in the face repeatedly until their IQ increases. Congratulations on your new position of informing the general population of their violations and general ignorance. Oh and please don't let the anonimity of a message board allow you to believe you have the ability or right to inflict violence upon others for their choices. Oh, and welcome to the board!

hahahaha owned
Old 07-02-2006, 10:47 AM
Farhan

I don't advocate street racing either, buddy. If I see two or more retards on public roads excessively speeding, swerving, cutting in and out of traffic, you'd better believe I'm going to try to do something to deter them from ever driving like that again, e.g. get their plates/alert authorities, etc.

Seeing as how I didn't see the brilliance of your tinted front windshield in person but rather through an online message board, I commented on it the only way I could: by replying in your thread. Don't get pissy b/c I'm being completely frank w/ you. And the kicked in the face thing is a figure of speech. If you don't get that, maybe you should take a break from a medium of communication that relies almost solely on the written word, i.e. internet boards.

Thanks for having me!
Old 07-02-2006, 10:57 AM
Brianbell

Tree 50....Z looks good man be safe

Farhan..off to a good start here on the boards...hope you make a lot of new friends here...lighten up big guy
Old 07-02-2006, 11:11 AM
Farhan

I'm not trying to be an a**hole or anything of the sort. I'll go ahead and admit Tree's got a beautiful Z, his trucks look rather neat and his photography skills are well above average. However, I just don't agree with ppl that tint their front windshields. Don't think this is the first time I've seen it -- I know a guy here in the northern suburbs of Chicago that had a black Z (was stolen, hence 'had') and he was also a big proponent of privacy w/in his own car. Needless to say, he went ahead and limo'd the back, 20% on the sides and had ~75% of his front windshield tinted so that only the bottom 1/4 of it had clear visibility. I told him the same thing I'm telling Tree. It doesn't make you or your car look that cool and it's hazardous to everyone else on the road.

That is all.

Last edited by Farhan; 07-02-2006 at 11:39 AM.
Old 07-02-2006, 12:14 PM
kcobean

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Farhan,
Opinions are welcome, but tact goes a long way towards making your point successfully. Words like "ignorant", "retard" and "stupid" aren't really conducive to doing anything than other than putting the reader on the defensive. I realize you've been on the boards for almost two years now. Regardless of posts, you should set an example, and this isn't a great way to do it.

That said, I agree with you that tint in the front windshield isn't a great idea. It's illegal for a reason (a different reason that tint limitations on the side/back windows). IMO, it makes the car look almost "undriveable" though I realize it may not be. The rest of the car looks fantastic though.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:10 PM
Farhan

Point taken.

My apologies for the strong language used earlier. I'll be more reasonable in the future.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:35 PM
SS728

Looks good.
Old 07-02-2006, 02:51 PM
bmac03z

Hey I'd watch out, GSP will get you. Here's a link to the law.
http://home.pcisys.net/~bpc/auto_law/tint/tint_ga.html

Front window tint is illegal:
(e) No person shall install any material upon the windshields or
windows of any motor vehicle, the installation of which would result
in a reduction of light transmission or an increase in light
reflectance in violation of subsection (b) of this Code section.

My mom got a ticket for tint by GSP in covington and she really did buy the car used with the windows already tinted.