Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

My $175 Exhaust PICS

Search this Thread

Old 10-18-2006, 09:33 AM
JRSport018

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I stuck with 2 1/2". I talked to some people that had 3" and they said it felt like there was TOO much flow.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:35 AM
spracked

Originally Posted by OCZTrack
spracked's car -

Nice wing, talk about rice...
LOL im sorry that my wing costs more than all of your mods on your car. If you knew anything about Cyber Speed you wouldn't be calling it rice. Nice try though.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:41 AM
350zz053

Originally Posted by JRSport018
lmao, great comments guys. I posted this and then left for the night, knowing I was going to get flammed like crazy by some people, but thats ok. It was fun reading it all this morning. I just think its sad how poeple judge you by how much money you have. Does it really matter? So my rims look like ****, im sorry, but I bought them used for $25 each from an old member here. So I have a $175 exhaust because I didnt go with a name brand. Im in collee people, and I love my car and modding it, but I cant afford top of the line stuff! Thank you to all you guys that are supportive, you dont have to bring people down that went a cheaper route to justify your costly mods. I appriciate people saying stuff like: "You should get spacers and it will help the look of your rims" instead of "yours rims SUCK!" lol Im going to try to get some clips here soon. I've been driving with the radio off since I got it on, cause I love the sound so much. Oh, and BTW - about the mandrel or crushed, its mandrel bent and I got it for so cheap for two reasons: 1) I dropped my car off the day it was supposed to be done and the guy never even started on it, so the next day he did it and gave me a huge discount. 2) There is only one bend that was needed, so it didnt even cost that much. Well anyway, Im happy with it...Already got a complimate from a G owner at a gas station

+1...I tried to stick up for you. these guys were talking about butt dynos and this and that. All i was saying the hp difference was slim no matter how much you spent.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:50 AM
JRSport018

lol yah, Im thinking I should have put as the title as..."My $750 single exhaust!"
Old 10-18-2006, 09:52 AM
Ghost 350z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zz053
your boy diesel put an edit on his post...but he spelled but dynos are reliable, and he wrote it butt dynos. I mean i dont want to sit here and argue about how a pipe is bent. All im saying is that the difference is probably minimul. for what he paid for it, im sure he got a few HP...when i bought my injen for 900 and prob only got 6-8HP..and his exhaust doesnt look that bad.

Actually i didnt edit my post If I did there would be a little note at the bottom of my post. So think before you speak or

*edit* seems someone else already explained that to you....oh well...LOOK AT THE BOTTOM ITS AMAZING!! YOU CAN ACTUALLY SEE WHEN SOMEONE EDITED THIER POST

Last edited by Ghost 350z; 10-18-2006 at 09:59 AM.
Old 10-18-2006, 09:52 AM
drivenCSZ

Originally Posted by spracked
LOL im sorry that my wing costs more than all of your mods on your car. If you knew anything about Cyber Speed you wouldn't be calling it rice. Nice try though.
just because its expensive doesnt make it alright to put on your car. case in point

Old 10-18-2006, 09:56 AM
OCZTrack

Haha, can we start a new thread for this so that people wanting to talk about this guys exhaust can do so without us f*cking it up?

As for you however, #1 you apparently are stuck in the mindset that if something is expensive then it MUST look good and therefore couldn't be considered "rice". #2 Your wing costs more than all my mods? I don't have much done but I'm still gonna doubt that. #3 In my opinion you could've payed more for that wing than my whole car and that still doesn't mean it doesn't look like ****.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:04 AM
tonio

lmao, great comments guys. I posted this and then left for the night, knowing I was going to get flammed like crazy by some people, but thats ok. It was fun reading it all this morning. I just think its sad how poeple judge you by how much money you have. Does it really matter? So my rims look like ****, im sorry, but I bought them used for $25 each from an old member here. So I have a $175 exhaust because I didnt go with a name brand. Im in collee people, and I love my car and modding it, but I cant afford top of the line stuff! Thank you to all you guys that are supportive, you dont have to bring people down that went a cheaper route to justify your costly mods. I appriciate people saying stuff like: "You should get spacers and it will help the look of your rims" instead of "yours rims SUCK!" lol Im going to try to get some clips here soon. I've been driving with the radio off since I got it on, cause I love the sound so much. Oh, and BTW - about the mandrel or crushed, its mandrel bent and I got it for so cheap for two reasons: 1) I dropped my car off the day it was supposed to be done and the guy never even started on it, so the next day he did it and gave me a huge discount. 2) There is only one bend that was needed, so it didnt even cost that much. Well anyway, Im happy with it...Already got a complimate from a G owner at a gas station

As someone who spent $20k in mods on his G and still wasnt happy let me say congratulations for modding and being satisfied cause I know its hard to do.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:08 AM
diwun67

what's worse than cheap rice? Expensive rice.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:35 AM
chimmike

I stuck with 2 1/2". I talked to some people that had 3" and they said it felt like there was TOO much flow.

2.5" crush bent= >2" mandrel bent. You just owned your car. I'm willing to bet you lost power.

just because you're in college doesn't give you an excuse to half-*** mods on your car bro. Seriously. It just means you have to save up a little longer to get the right parts. On cars, you get what you pay for. You pay crap, as in this case, you get crap, as you got.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:39 AM
deezz

Originally Posted by chimmike
2.5" crush bent= >2" mandrel bent. You just owned your car. I'm willing to bet you lost power.

just because you're in college doesn't give you an excuse to half-*** mods on your car bro. Seriously. It just means you have to save up a little longer to get the right parts. On cars, you get what you pay for. You pay crap, as in this case, you get crap, as you got.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:39 AM
350zz053

Haha, can we start a new thread for this so that people wanting to talk about this guys exhaust can do so without us f*cking it up?

As for you however, #1 you apparently are stuck in the mindset that if something is expensive then it MUST look good and therefore couldn't be considered "rice". #2 Your wing costs more than all my mods? I don't have much done but I'm still gonna doubt that. #3 In my opinion you could've payed more for that wing than my whole car and that still doesn't mean it doesn't look like ****.

Ill give you a +1 on that!

Chimmike or whoever, get off the subject that he lost power. Why dont you pay for his dyno and then maybe you can be happy!
Old 10-18-2006, 10:40 AM
350zz053

Originally Posted by drivenCSZ
just because its expensive doesnt make it alright to put on your car. case in point

Yea you get what you pay for....LOLLL
Old 10-18-2006, 10:40 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by deezz

alright genius, let's hear your insight and amazing knowledge of modifications and exhaust flow.

It's been proven. Crush bends decrease diameter by .5" or more and in many cases LOSE horsepower. He was better off keeping the stock piping and slapping on a muffler to that.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:41 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by 350zz053

Chimmike or whoever, get off the subject that he lost power. Why dont you pay for his dyno and then maybe you can be happy!
I'm saying it's dumb to give someone props for a mod that they likely lost power on because they "didn't spend full price on a name brand exhaust". As said before, there's a reason why the exhaust systems cost so much, and it's not because you fart butterflies.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:47 AM
deezz

alright genius, let's hear your insight and amazing knowledge of modifications and exhaust flow.

It's been proven. Crush bends decrease diameter by .5" or more and in many cases LOSE horsepower. He was better off keeping the stock piping and slapping on a muffler to that.
You are probably 100% completely correct. It's just calling a mod someone has done to their car crap is just being obnoxious.
He probably isn't tracking his car and he doesn't have a turbo. Like he said, he's young and in college. Let him experiment and try different things that he can afford. Not everyone has to come out of the chute w/ a Nismo exhaust and Volk wheels.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:48 AM
drivenCSZ

OK, didnt you read his post? he said it was mandrel bent.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:49 AM
teh215

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Not trying to add fuel to this already raging fire but, he did say that it was mandrel bent.
Old 10-18-2006, 10:53 AM
chimmike

Originally Posted by teh215
Not trying to add fuel to this already raging fire but, he did say that it was mandrel bent.

*poof*
Old 10-18-2006, 10:54 AM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

spracked's car -

Nice wing, talk about rice...
Actually that wing is a Voltex wing which is definitely not a company to look down upon. Look them up and you will see that they make some sick race parts

Quick Reply: My $175 Exhaust PICS