Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

One Sweet Z!!! 350hp Na...

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2006, 02:24 AM
RBlover69

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

its really sad that us tuners cant get that level of hp . Becasue let me tell u 350rwp NA would steer alot of people from going FI. I knw i wont bother going FI lol
Old 11-15-2006, 02:28 AM
taurran

Originally Posted by RBlover69
its really sad that us tuners cant get that level of hp . Becasue let me tell u 350rwp NA would steer alot of people from going FI. I knw i wont bother going FI lol
No it wouldn't. It's MUCH cheaper to build a car for 350whp with an FI setup than it is to make that power from an NA setup ($20k+ more). It's also MUCH easier to pull even more power out of the same motor with an FI setup.

If you want 350whp out of an NA motor, you'd be better off buying a c5 z06 or c6 vette.
Old 11-15-2006, 04:54 AM
ct350z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by taurran
No it wouldn't. It's MUCH cheaper to build a car for 350whp with an FI setup than it is to make that power from an NA setup ($20k+ more). It's also MUCH easier to pull even more power out of the same motor with an FI setup.

If you want 350whp out of an NA motor, you'd be better off buying a c5 z06 or c6 vette.
its true, but can you imagine the response on a n/a z with that power no turbo lag
Old 11-15-2006, 05:16 AM
NA350Z

Yea, I love that Amuse Z, while the front diffuser doesnt look all that good, Im sure its super functional.
Old 11-15-2006, 05:32 AM
RBlover69

But im sure there must be ways of getting something out of a 10k setup or putting it somewhere near the reach of FI prices. Since FI with a build is reaching those prices aswell. And not to mention no lag. Less chance of engine detonation. And the awesome power of having ur power instantly. As the Z did the MR on VIR . Boost and NA at the same levels will benefit NA. Especially on the track.
Old 11-15-2006, 06:35 AM
JCZ33

Originally Posted by Kallusive350z
Amuse does a lot of internal work to the VQ for that power. I know cams, different variable valve timing gears and mechanisms, new heads, computer etc. etc.

there's another company in Japan that builds the sickest roll cages, OPERA, and they too have an NA VQ 350z with around 350hp. They worked with nissan/nismo to pull that much power out of the motor.

The Japanese really know how to tweak the VQ, well beyond what the US based tuners do in regards to NA power IMO

The guy on the VIDEO said there was allot of room in the ECU to play with, and valve timing as well as cams and head work... 100HP per liter!
Old 11-15-2006, 07:11 AM
se-r / gti-r

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

any pics of the rear spoiler
Old 11-15-2006, 07:25 AM
davidf

Curious to know what a set of cosworth heads would be good for HP wise?
Old 11-15-2006, 07:27 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I don't think they know how to do anything that we don't it is simply people are willing (or shops) to spend the money we aren't. I can gaurantee that Amuse car is in the 30k in modifications easily more. engine mods are probably 15k or more. and truthfully, the japanese tuners do not dyno thier cars (at least I have never seen a dyno sheet) and they normally quote ps or bhp which is not WHP. if they do have 350whp, GREAT! I want to know what they are doing. I can't fathom 350whp out of a VQ is hard at all, you just need to spend the money. with just bolt ons people are hitting 290+whp which I think is over 350ps... stop banging on the american tuning scene people, give it some respect.

and that amuse car is great, it revs real high if I remember too. lightweight cf/Ti everything..
Old 11-15-2006, 07:31 AM
Tease Z

Default ...

The front isn't bad, but overdone if you ask me.
Where did all that carbon come from for the front doors? I'm not big into that, but it looked sick.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:34 AM
Motormouth
Banned

the carbon came from aliens visting from mars. DUH.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:38 AM
Tease Z

Default Wow...

Aliens? Gee... maybe there is intelligent life then. Any leads on the company might help.
Old 11-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Motormouth
Banned

I think it was "aileean composite products federation starfleet"
Old 11-15-2006, 07:49 AM
Motormouth
Banned

real hint: AMUSE MAKES THIER OWN DOOORS.... SSHHHHH... oh yeah, and they are 8k.

and they also make the dry carbon fenders which are 1k and the hatch which is 4k and the bumper which is 5k and thier hood which is 3k but the side skirts are ONLY 800.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:20 AM
Tease Z

Holy crap... I think I would have thrown that into engine performance for that kind of money. Even if it makes the car less weight.
Old 11-15-2006, 08:44 AM
tropicalypso

So is this Amuse Z making 350 hp at the crank or at the wheels?
Old 11-15-2006, 08:47 AM
JCZ33

Originally Posted by se-r / gti-r
any pics of the rear spoiler
TRY this one at the 16 minute mark...

http://video.google.com/videoplay?do...=skyline&hl=en
Old 11-15-2006, 11:34 PM
taurran

But im sure there must be ways of getting something out of a 10k setup or putting it somewhere near the reach of FI prices.
A stock motor with a kit like the APS TT could be putting down 400whp (475hp or so) with a good tune alone. There's no way you could touch that with any NA build of this price.

Since FI with a build is reaching those prices aswell. And not to mention no lag.
You seem to have a HUGE misconception of turbo lag. If driven properly, a turbo car will never experience lag. The trick is to always keep the motor under load, and in its power band. With TT's on our 3.5l displacement motor, lag is pretty much nonexistent anyway.

I love hearing NA owners talk about turbo lag. People that use this as an argument really are clueless...

Less chance of engine detonation.
Wrong again. A properly tuned motor/FI setup won't detonate.

And the awesome power of having ur power instantly. As the Z did the MR on VIR . Boost and NA at the same levels will benefit NA. Especially on the track.
Not true either.

The VQ35 (3.5l V6) is a totally different beast than the 4G63 MR (2.0l 4cyl). While the evo only has 2 liters of displacement to push that single turbocharger, the Z has almost twice the displacement pushing its turbo(s). With a single turbo setup, the lag is very minute in comparison on the Z, and with a TT setup it is almost inperceivable. I've seen TT setups for the Z tuned to a completely linear power band that is even more linear than an NA car. Also, superchargers are able to deliver some major power with linear boost delivery.

There's also the point I mentioned above about adjusting your driving style and avoiding any sort of lag whatsoever even on a single turbo car.

The reason why these people are building NA cars is just because they CAN, and because of the challenge involved in doing so. It's easy to force more air into the combustion chamber and tune for power. It is MUCH harder to take an NA motor and build more power without increasing displacement. Building and tuning a 350hp NA Z takes just as much tuning skill as building a 700hp turbocharged Z.

However, dollar for dollar, the FI Z will beat an NA Z in every way, shape, and form. There's no arguing that.
Old 11-16-2006, 05:21 AM
you_ngo

badass
Old 11-16-2006, 05:33 AM
RBlover69

Thats good in all but ur telling me that a turbo car will have the consitancy and match throttle responce as a High REv NA motor. Putting out the exact same hp. And are u telling me that a tuned NA motor or stock NA motor putting out the same hp as a FI tuned or stock FI car will be just as reliable and consistant on the track in all temps. lol. Im not a NA fanboy at all i love TTs i plan on getting my Z to that point aswell eventually. But Cmon man. Facts are facts. I love TT cars but is stand by my statement. And yes the cost effecitveness is something that i def agree on but to me , i would give more props to companies like amuse who get into the guts of the VQ then just FI the motor with a build. To me the ladder goes to the tuning involved in creating NA power. Also u say the trick is to keep in in boost , as i epirenced when i used to brake boost my friends evo, but see theres no trick to a NA machine its raw. Theres nothing like raw engine power to me. And your incorrect for saying A FI motor wont detonate cause i mean cmon, thats rediculous, A tuned FI VQ shouldnt detonate but there are more varaibles involved in maintaining a FI vehicle then A NA vehicle and , i just dont see ur validity that a fully built NA motor isnt more reliable then a built FI motor. Down the line when the care has X miles on it , your telling me that its reliability would be on par and performance wise. Im asking you about that one ???

A stock motor with a kit like the APS TT could be putting down 400whp (475hp or so) with a good tune alone. There's no way you could touch that with any NA build of this price.

You seem to have a HUGE misconception of turbo lag. If driven properly, a turbo car will never experience lag. The trick is to always keep the motor under load, and in its power band. With TT's on our 3.5l displacement motor, lag is pretty much nonexistent anyway.

I love hearing NA owners talk about turbo lag. People that use this as an argument really are clueless...

Wrong again. A properly tuned motor/FI setup won't detonate.

Not true either.

The VQ35 (3.5l V6) is a totally different beast than the 4G63 MR (2.0l 4cyl). While the evo only has 2 liters of displacement to push that single turbocharger, the Z has almost twice the displacement pushing its turbo(s). With a single turbo setup, the lag is very minute in comparison on the Z, and with a TT setup it is almost inperceivable. I've seen TT setups for the Z tuned to a completely linear power band that is even more linear than an NA car. Also, superchargers are able to deliver some major power with linear boost delivery.

There's also the point I mentioned above about adjusting your driving style and avoiding any sort of lag whatsoever even on a single turbo car.

The reason why these people are building NA cars is just because they CAN, and because of the challenge involved in doing so. It's easy to force more air into the combustion chamber and tune for power. It is MUCH harder to take an NA motor and build more power without increasing displacement. Building and tuning a 350hp NA Z takes just as much tuning skill as building a 700hp turbocharged Z.

However, dollar for dollar, the FI Z will beat an NA Z in every way, shape, and form. There's no arguing that.

Quick Reply: One Sweet Z!!! 350hp Na...