Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

My Redline at Night Time

Search this Thread

Old 05-16-2007 | 08:31 PM
synth19

what camera are you using? May want to adjust the iso for the night shots.
Old 05-16-2007 | 09:03 PM
Duqx

Originally Posted by synth19
what camera are you using? May want to adjust the iso for the night shots.
Was using an HP Photosmart R707 5MP. When I did the shots in auto mode they would go to ISO 100. I tried doing a couple at ISO 400 and 200 (those were the only 3 modes that the camera can do) but I didnot not notice much difference on the LCD on the camera. Which ISO mode should I be using?
Old 05-16-2007 | 09:26 PM
lightner22

Originally Posted by Duqx
Was using an HP Photosmart R707 5MP. When I did the shots in auto mode they would go to ISO 100. I tried doing a couple at ISO 400 and 200 (those were the only 3 modes that the camera can do) but I didnot not notice much difference on the LCD on the camera. Which ISO mode should I be using?

In low light use the highest ISO setting you can without affecting the image quality. Higher ISO will add grain to the image but allows you to shoot at a faster shutter speed. If those pictures are at ISO 100 try using 400. If it gets too grainy I'd either add a flash/fill light or look into a better camera system.
In your pictures the main thing that stands out to me is how grainy they are. Parts of the images seem to have good focus but the overall quality is so poor it makes it hard to tell.
If you get serious about photo get a dSLR and the best lenses you can afford.
Old 05-16-2007 | 09:52 PM
Duqx

Originally Posted by lightner22
In low light use the highest ISO setting you can without affecting the image quality. Higher ISO will add grain to the image but allows you to shoot at a faster shutter speed. If those pictures are at ISO 100 try using 400. If it gets too grainy I'd either add a flash/fill light or look into a better camera system.
In your pictures the main thing that stands out to me is how grainy they are. Parts of the images seem to have good focus but the overall quality is so poor it makes it hard to tell.
If you get serious about photo get a dSLR and the best lenses you can afford.
I have just been using cheaper point and shoot cameras because they seem to be good enough for most things. I would love to get a DSLR camera, but I am worried about having to sell my car to afford all the lenses.

All 3 of the pictures were done in low light. I think that the first 2 look alright even though there is not a very sharp focus (first one is very grainy and not much focus, but I sort of like it). I really think that the 3 pic looks very bad. Since it is so close you can really see how out of focus it is. I took a few pics like the 3rd one and the others are even worse than that one.