Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

so sad ~~

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2008, 01:36 AM
fairladyz220

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default so sad ~~

Azuka cf roof arrived today afternoon , but i didnt have time to open the box to check it ....cuz i was almost late for work ....
so after work , i was like finally ... then got home open the box ...damn ...><..
2 corners of the roof were cracked ....
its not the clear coat thats cracked . its the cf thats cracked .. ....
Attached Thumbnails so sad ~~-dsc00520.jpg   so sad ~~-dsc00517.jpg   so sad ~~-dsc00519.jpg   so sad ~~-dsc00523.jpg   so sad ~~-dsc00524.jpg  

Last edited by fairladyz220; 07-24-2008 at 02:54 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 02:51 AM
chopperman

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Why dont you pm him?
Old 07-24-2008, 02:53 AM
fairladyz220

i did..ha..
just want to post some pics of it ..
Old 07-24-2008, 02:58 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Hard Lesson Learned. Alway check before UPS/FedEx guy leaves.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:32 AM
fairladyz220

but i thnk i got lucky ...
i wasnt the one who signed ... i live with my mom ...
my mom did ..so if this damaged during the shipping ...i guess i can claim with them since they were not supposed to let anyone else signed it besides me ..
Am i right here ???

Originally Posted by Robert_K
Hard Lesson Learned. Alway check before UPS/FedEx guy leaves.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:34 AM
Robert_K
Didn't Go Cheap

Received 101 Likes on 75 Posts

Doubtful.
Old 07-24-2008, 04:53 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

that defense strategy won't work
Old 07-24-2008, 04:53 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Call the carrier and file a conceiled damage claim. Once it is signed for, there really isn't anything we can do.
Old 07-24-2008, 06:30 AM
_NIZMO_

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
Call the carrier and file a conceiled damage claim. Once it is signed for, there really isn't anything we can do.
lame ...ftl
Old 07-24-2008, 06:55 AM
synth19

Just because you have not inspected your product @ delivery does not automatically mean you are SOL. In the past two years, I have had:

-damaged bride seats
-damaged coilovers
-damaged volks

The vendor took care of the brides and coilovers, realized it was damaged due to shipping. Damage was VERY minor on those two items and replacement parts were quickly sent out to me on the vendor's expense. They could have gone through a claim, but it wasn't worth it for them. It was a nice gesture on their part and I have subsequently spent THOUSANDS with them afterwards. I only noticed the damage a day or two after the brides were delivered. They were also left @ my door, so I was unable to inspect them @ delivery.

On the volks, I was the seller and they were damaged during shipping. I refunded the buyer 100% and then I went through claims. This was AFTER the buyer signed off and delivery guy left. The claim was a MAJOR PIA, but fedex took care of me. To say that "there is nothing that can be done" after you sign off isn't what I would like to hear from my preferred vendor. At least make SOME effort to take care of your customers.
Old 07-24-2008, 07:46 AM
OMEGA46

Originally Posted by synth19
Just because you have not inspected your product @ delivery does not automatically mean you are SOL. In the past two years, I have had:

-damaged bride seats
-damaged coilovers
-damaged volks

The vendor took care of the brides and coilovers, realized it was damaged due to shipping. Damage was VERY minor on those two items and replacement parts were quickly sent out to me on the vendor's expense. They could have gone through a claim, but it wasn't worth it for them. It was a nice gesture on their part and I have subsequently spent THOUSANDS with them afterwards. I only noticed the damage a day or two after the brides were delivered. They were also left @ my door, so I was unable to inspect them @ delivery.

On the volks, I was the seller and they were damaged during shipping. I refunded the buyer 100% and then I went through claims. This was AFTER the buyer signed off and delivery guy left. The claim was a MAJOR PIA, but fedex took care of me. To say that "there is nothing that can be done" after you sign off isn't what I would like to hear from my preferred vendor. At least make SOME effort to take care of your customers.
+1
Old 07-24-2008, 07:49 AM
taurran

I had a damaged wheel when I got them through DTD, and they replaced it for me. I just had to pay for shipping back.

There's always something a vendor can do, but it usually requires them taking a loss too. I guess the tradeoff is happy customers who refer you to others.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:02 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

We have been through this a million times on this forum. I even went as far as to post my terms and conditions in the vendor threads so there is no confusions. I don't know how much easier I can make it besides being at your house to make sure you inspect them. We ship ALOT of carbon fiber parts and we package them as best as possible to avoid these such situations, it is the customers job to inspect them before signing. I'm sorry if you don't agree with that.

Clearly listed in the Asuka thread...
"Shipping- All items are inspected before shipping and all packages are shipped with full insurance. It is the customers job to inspect ALL packages PRIOR to signing for them. We are not responsible for any damage occured between the time it left our shop, until it arrived at your door."
Old 07-24-2008, 08:07 AM
fairladyz220

Last edited by fairladyz220; 07-24-2008 at 08:22 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:11 AM
Russ@Z1

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim@Showstoppers
We have been through this a million times on this forum. I even went as far as to post my terms and conditions in the vendor threads so there is no confusions. I don't know how much easier I can make it besides being at your house to make sure you inspect them. We ship ALOT of carbon fiber parts and we package them as best as possible to avoid these such situations, it is the customers job to inspect them before signing. I'm sorry if you don't agree with that.

Clearly listed in the Asuka thread...
"Shipping- All items are inspected before shipping and all packages are shipped with full insurance. It is the customers job to inspect ALL packages PRIOR to signing for them. We are not responsible for any damage occured between the time it left our shop, until it arrived at your door."

+1

They're not the only ones that have these policies. It's not wrong of them to have it this way, it's a business decision. They've apparently determined when they made that decision that they're not in a position to give stuff away and take on the extra workload of dealing with shipping/handling issues. While some may not agree with that strategy, it's what they need to do. Maybe in the future they'll offer more, but they've at least made sure to back up the product with full insurance and good packing.

To the OP, contact the shipping agency and file that claim.

If you don't want that roof, file the claim, make me an offer, and I may buy it off your hands.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:21 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

don't get me wrong guys, we are willing to help him with the claim process by faxing all the documents and whatnot to the carrier, but he is the one who must file the claim since he (or his mother) are the ones who signed for the delivery. When you sign the delivery, if you read the document it says that by signing you are saying the package is in good condition. That is why we state to open and inspect the packages.

Last edited by Jim@Showstoppers; 07-24-2008 at 08:24 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:29 AM
synth19

I agree. Vendors are NOT responsible for any damage "that occurs between the time it leaves the vendor and arrives at the customers hands." However, I guarantee if you make an attempt to work with fedex/ups, the shipping company will work with you. Especially if you have an account with them and ship with them on a regular basis. Sure, a PIA, but this is good customer service.

The OP SHOULD have inspected the package per your rules. However, that doesn't mean you should just wash your hands and tell him he's SOL. Make an attempt at a claim with the shipper, and if it fails, then tell the customer he's SOL and you tried your best to fix things.

To OP: Call the shipper's customer service ASAP and see what they can do. Maybe you can't do anything, but it's worth trying and taking matters into your own hands.

EDIT:

Disregard the above post as I just saw Jim's post about working with the buyer. :thumbsup:
Old 07-24-2008, 08:32 AM
fairladyz220

im waiting for ups's call ...they said they gonna call back ......

Last edited by fairladyz220; 07-24-2008 at 08:38 AM.
Old 07-24-2008, 08:38 AM
Jim@Showstoppers
Banned

Originally Posted by fairladyz220
Jim .... im not blaming you or anything ..
but just i have spent thousands with you guys and this is what i got in the end ???
azuka fenders = its got some minor crack ..but i let it go ..
mastergrade trunk= got bad haze on passanger side but i managed to re clear coat it on my expense ..
mastergrade a pillar
mastergrade rear diffuser
azuaka hood = hazes and not even clear coated i sent you pics the next day i got it , but never hear from u again so i managed to re clear coat it on my expense , even thoguth u cut down 100 on the azuka roof but thats not gonna cover it ...
azuka roof = as u can see there ...

and you are not even wanting to try to do something for me ....
i guess im just very nice to you , didnt want to bother u alot ....sigh... at least give me a + on itrader ??
i will see if its too late for ups ...
You have 30 days to file the claim, just make sure to claim it as conceiled damage and make sure to keep all the packaging material. Like I said, I'm willing to help but since it got signed for you have to file the claim. We just signed on for another year at my350z, were not going anywhere.

Jim
Old 07-24-2008, 08:56 AM
fairladyz220

So~...
Ups called ...
they gonna come pick it up tomorrow and back for inspection ..
then they will contact the shipper for a replacement ...

JIM do you have one in stock ???

Quick Reply: so sad ~~