Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

A drive around Motegi Race Track

Search this Thread

Old 08-10-2003, 07:23 PM
dazee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking A drive around Motegi Race Track

Day had started out bad, I left hospital to go to Motegi and pulled in for gas. Was quietly waiting when a forecourt attendant waved me to back up, and then proceed to guide me around the back of a lorry. Was following his directions, when crunch ! He had guided me over the rail of an operating car wash, the car wash had then decided to move forwards and slammed into the rear quarter of the car. I was furious, and had to stay there 1.5 hours while dealer and garage owners talked about the repair. Garage paying 100% as I was following their instructions, they could also see that I had a video camera setup in the car and thought I had it on tape the guy guiding me forwards - I'm not going to tell them no tape was loaded yet

Anyway, it turned out to be a great day to do the drive at Motegi. They were having a Grand Tourismo practice day for next months GT race. Bad luck I only bought 1 camera lense with me, but I got about 600 photos of the practice, who knows, some of them may turn out to be good Incidentally the Skylines were killing everything there. Got sequential shots of 2 different Skylines and 2 different Porches where you see the Skylines just blast them into the dust. Same for the Ferrari GT car, made it look like it was stationary

OK, to the point.
http://www.dazee.net/tempfiles/motegi.html
18MB file so broad band only, or you can download and save this directly
http://www.dazee.net/tempfiles/motegi.wmv
right click the link and then use save as, remember to change the file extension.

It is what they call the family drive, no race license required which means top speed is limited to 100kph. I'll get the Motegi race license so I can give it a go faster next time - hopefully get the camera noise fixed too.

BTW. Veilside took the car away Friday for stage 1 of the modifications
Old 08-11-2003, 01:22 AM
fdao

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Very nice looking track! How fast were you going around the corners? I can hear things sliding around in your car .
Old 08-11-2003, 03:55 AM
dazee

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

That would be my walking stick ! I'm still recovering from a motorcycle accident last year. The following day I had an operation, and another this week.

Anyway speeds were generally 70-100kph. Should/could have gone faster if the cars behind could keep up. But the little Micra behind was slow and we had to slow down so they could catch up and follow the correct line.