Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Some 350Zs from South Africa...

Search this Thread

Old 10-15-2008, 12:30 AM
Krutch

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Some 350Zs from South Africa...

I hope this is the right place to post. I joined after reading up on that butchered 350Z, and it seems the guys here appreciate a hot Z, so I thought I'd show you a few from another country. I'll give as much of a description as I can remember on each car/set of pics.

Lemme know what you think.

This is by a company called Big Boss Auto. Can't recall the kit name, I know some stuff was custom though. It's runnning a Vortech supercharger with nitrous and makes around 410whp. Custon ICE and seats too. Owner built it as a toy for track days so it has decent suspension too. His other cars include a track prepped E46 M3, new Carrera 4S, new 911 GT3, M-Coupe and Range Rover Sport (modded).

Old 10-15-2008, 12:33 AM
Krutch

This car was built up to be given away. It was done by Sportech, they added the kit and the ICE and wheels. It's still n/a under the hood, just chipped and running a full decat exhaust system. It has some or other induction kit on it, Stillen I think, not too sure, shot this car looooong ago. Some soccer mom won it!

Old 10-15-2008, 12:41 AM
Krutch

This is one of my favourites. It was built by a chap called Duppie Du Plessis (love to see you Americans pronounce that LoL!). This man has built some seriously hot cars over the years including a full Carbon Creations RX-7 among others. He flew over there to meet Foose and get tips from him, was at SEMA with him too.

This 350Z has lots done, suspension, looks, power, ICE. The roof and rear quarter of the car are the only parts still metal, the doors, boot lid, bonnet (hood to you guys) and bodykity are all green carbon fibre. I dunno if you can see properly because of the web quality pics, but the airbrushing has people in it, the car is called Sea Of Souls. It's Vortech 'charged with nitrous, 480whp. Full custom ICE as you can see and custom made Asanti wheels (has a certificate of authenticity for them, and he has to apparently notify Asanti of change of ownership if he ever sells them).

Old 10-15-2008, 12:47 AM
Krutch

Mildy kitted 350Z, but made a healthy 348whp on just 0.7bar boost. We did a "how to" feature on the car when it was fitted with a Turbonetics single turbo conversion. These motors seem to love bolt on power! The same man owns the fastest Lotus Exige in the world (seriously!). Fitted with a Mazda 2.0 16v Turbo lump. 9.4-second quarter mile on BF Goodrich intermediate tyres and a top end speed of 290km/h on a 1 kilometre standing start run. But that's another story...

Old 10-15-2008, 12:50 AM
Krutch

This one belongs to a chap named Kirsch. Full kit as you can see, Vortech 'charged with nitrous, full custom ICE. Not a bad looking one at all. Not sure about the splitters on the front bumper myself, but suits the look of the car. He's also had a few fast cars too.

Old 10-15-2008, 12:59 AM
Krutch

We had a shootout with some Z's a while back. Was pretty entertaining that day. There was one with Dakar heads, cams, decat and nitrous that was slower than a stocker with just a Stillen intake and exhaust. The rest were Supercharged with Vortech bits, but the black one with HKS logos was sporting the twin turbo HKS bolt-on kit. I can't recall details, but the blue one with the black bumpers was the fastest that day, and is now much faster. That day it ran a 12.1 quarter, but it's now in the low 11's. It's actually a track car though, drags are just for when the owner is bored. Rob Green from RGMotorsport is the owner, and the the same nan that's done the Vortech conversions on all the other cars. Oh, one of the red ones has an HKS single turbo conversion.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:03 AM
Krutch

These chaps are from an outfit called Monster Mob. Big into drifting. This one has a Vortech supercharger with nitrous again, makes 360-odd whp. Can't recall the kit name. Was cover car in April. The same chaps also own a BMW M3 CSL, an '08 Mustang, a twin turbo E46 M3, an R33 Skyline, a new E93 M3... Let's just say they have spare cash available

Old 10-15-2008, 01:05 AM
Krutch

Thei blue one has an APS twin turbo conversion, not sure of the power figure, but it looks good with the blue on black.

Old 10-15-2008, 01:10 AM
Krutch

A drift Z from Port Elizabeth...

A carbon kitted Z from Speed Freaks...

And finally... I can't show pics of this car as the magazine hasn't hit the shelves yet, it's still at print. But I can show you the cover car for Issue 86 of Speed & Sound Magazine

That's it from SA for now, but there are plenty more hot Z cars, I just haven't got round to snapping pics or featuring them yet. I hope you like what we do here...

Last edited by Krutch; 10-15-2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 10-15-2008, 01:58 AM
yogipower

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i dont know what to say....

its beautiful
Old 10-15-2008, 02:05 AM
Spyke

Krutch...

I'm ashamed of your spelling mate, as editor you should know better. Now these Americans are going to think we can't even speak English properly!

(Yet both you and I use alternate spellings of seemingly ordinary English words for usernames / alias'!)

BTW: Spyke here, ***. Editor for the above mentioned S&S mag.
We'd love to hear what you think about the individual cars Krutch posted.
Old 10-15-2008, 02:08 AM
Krutch

Ha ha, brilliant!
Old 10-15-2008, 05:01 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Which is yours?
Old 10-15-2008, 05:13 AM
Krutch

Originally Posted by davidv
Which is yours?
LoL, none of 'em. They cost too much here. These are all cars I've take pics of or that we've featured. I'm editor of a performance motoring magazine, so these are all part of my day job, and just an example of what's cruising the streets of South Africa
Old 10-15-2008, 05:41 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by Krutch
LoL, none of 'em. They cost too much here. These are all cars I've take pics of or that we've featured. I'm editor of a performance motoring magazine, so these are all part of my day job, and just an example of what's cruising the streets of South Africa
There are exceptional 350Zs everywhere. Get yourself a stock one that is several years old. You'll appreciate it more than any of the Zs in the photos.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:03 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Great post. Always interesting to see how others interpret the Z. Had no
idea how carbon creations was staying in business, but I think I figured it
out.
Old 10-15-2008, 06:35 AM
07JimmyZ

Always cool to see what others are doing, thanks for posting. I wanna see pics of that lotus you were talking about!
Old 10-15-2008, 06:36 AM
350z-Jason

holy ****... does money grow on trees over there? that green carbon fiber one looks ****in expensive
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 AM
folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

that green carbon fiber looks SICK!

its nice to see how people from other cultures do up the modding scene
Old 10-15-2008, 07:43 AM
AUS10TAT10US

no offense...but there is not one z from those pics that i like

Quick Reply: Some 350Zs from South Africa...