Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Past Z/G owners please share: Remember your roots

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2008, 08:33 PM
lemansz20
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

It was a carrera S, with 20 inch wheels. I had the full techart body kit, h&r springs, AWE full exhaust from the headers back, and a rear carbon piece which I cant remember the name of for the life of me right now. I love that car, miss it alot. The wheels were sevas forged wheels, but its what made me get rid of the car b/c i had alot of issues with them and got fed up and moved on.

Oh forgot, also had a gt3 spoiler added later, and has carbon mirror inserts from techart and the rear roof spoiler, along with the gt3 carbon vent from techart also installed after these pics.

Last edited by lemansz20; 11-10-2008 at 08:36 PM. Reason: forgot something
Old 11-10-2008, 10:17 PM
tresfifdeeZ

i had my 03' z for since 05 and sold it in 07.

i had to sell my z cause of the birth of my daughter so i needed a 4 door.

picked up a 06 lexus IS350

my new ride:

my beloved 350z: ( i do miss her )

Old 11-10-2008, 10:18 PM
TRYNALIVEPRO

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by lemansz20
It was a carrera S, with 20 inch wheels. I had the full techart body kit, h&r springs, AWE full exhaust from the headers back, and a rear carbon piece which I cant remember the name of for the life of me right now. I love that car, miss it alot. The wheels were sevas forged wheels, but its what made me get rid of the car b/c i had alot of issues with them and got fed up and moved on.

Oh forgot, also had a gt3 spoiler added later, and has carbon mirror inserts from techart and the rear roof spoiler, along with the gt3 carbon vent from techart also installed after these pics.
Im kind of confused, the engine is in the rear, so how is it "AWE full exhaust from the headers back"? I never actually thought about the exhaust layout on the porsche since I think they are the only maufacturers that mount the engines behind the rear wheels, anyways sweet car
Old 11-11-2008, 08:23 AM
lemansz20
Banned

Just b/c the motor is in the back means nothing. It still has headers, catalytic converters, and a muffler. I changed the headers, straight pipes, etc. Cars have to pass emissions lol and porsche is no different.
Old 11-11-2008, 08:49 AM
folgrz

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

good thread keep it coming
Old 11-11-2008, 02:53 PM
350zna

lots of guys here seem to go audi/porsche after their z's, im hoping to get an a4 for a daily one day. Me and my bud are always going up to AWE, only 30 min away, with his TT 225, great place great guys great products!! )oh yeah and its a shame to hear the new s4 will be a S/C v6 motor, i love b5 s4's)
Old 11-11-2008, 04:02 PM
AlvinHuyN
Nismo 370Z #697

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 350zna
lots of guys here seem to go audi/porsche after their z's, im hoping to get an a4 for a daily one day. Me and my bud are always going up to AWE, only 30 min away, with his TT 225, great place great guys great products!! )oh yeah and its a shame to hear the new s4 will be a S/C v6 motor, i love b5 s4's)
I can see why Porsche but I'm just not convinced of Audi/VW reliable, or their value. I see 2005 A4s selling for 11k and it freaks me out. Porsches are always classy as long as it's not a Boxster, and the caymans are nice but somehow it just looks like a Boxster with a hardtop so no dice there as well. 911s or go home!
Old 11-11-2008, 05:15 PM
Zgrabin

well i guess i can post in here too..

only had the Z for about 2 years..It was my first owned car,and well as i look back i was definitely naive and arrogant during the first few phases of modding it and what not..

I knew absolutely nothing about cars,and when i first bought some roja wheels and cf hatch and what not..I felt that it was a good choice at the time..and i was happy with the buy..it was the infamous "from rice to nice" thread...my first posting with pictures of my car and this is also the first car forum ive ever been on as well..so when i got comment that i didnt like i responded with a short temper..(alvin i do apologize for bein a bit of an asshat to you in that thread and anyone else)..opinions are opinions.. i do know a ton more about the 350z/g35 and the VQ now and know a lot more about cars in general too..so i hope you guys dont see my as the asshat from that thread awhile back...

still debating on the next car but its most likely going to be a white g35..if not the other options are is250,335i,m3, or whatever else is i forget..reason for either of these cars is simply more space,but still having the sports car appeal..
my inspiration when getting a white G

reason i loved the Z was because of its appeal and it really felt like a sports car..This car is very moddable in many different ways..i love the offsets this thing can sit on..

my plans for the summer before the accident was powdercoating the faces of the sf winnings satin black,coilovers, and doing a turbonetics ST