Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2008, 06:01 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by synth19
At this point, I could give 2$hits about Rota's vastly improved quality. Cheap imitation wheels do no R&D, nor do they have a design team. They simply steal the design and sell them to ppl who don't want to pull the trigger on the real thing (but want the "real thing" look). I have been guilty of buying replica parts in the past, but I try to avoid it now after seeing the impact in the industry. I guarantee if you guys personally put out a product, and someone completely stole your design, you wouldn't feel the same about this issue. I have no respect for rota after seeing this latest travesty.
+1000000000!!!!!
Old 10-26-2008, 06:04 AM
Mr.Silvia

Originally Posted by Zridder19
Zomgzorz, same wheel and same quality as Volk

Ill take 3 sets plz. kthxbai

lol @ ex rota torque owner
Old 12-22-2008, 07:45 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

bump for updates on this wheel?
Old 12-22-2008, 08:07 PM
SlipZ

guys, i understand the madness. The guy is here to do business. If you dont like what he sells, make your point and move on. Personally, i dont rock rotas, but i cant blame some who buys them. Not everyone can afford $2k-3k wheels.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:35 PM
stylett9

Originally Posted by SlipZ
Not everyone can afford $2k-3k wheels.
plus another 1k for tires.
Old 12-22-2008, 08:46 PM
Changvi

at this point, i could give 2$hits about rota's vastly improved quality. Cheap imitation wheels do no r&d, nor do they have a design team. They simply steal the design and sell them to ppl who don't want to pull the trigger on the real thing (but want the "real thing" look). I have been guilty of buying replica parts in the past, but i try to avoid it now after seeing the impact in the industry. I guarantee if you guys personally put out a product, and someone completely stole your design, you wouldn't feel the same about this issue. I have no respect for rota after seeing this latest travesty.
+2000000000000000000000
Old 12-22-2008, 09:25 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The typical members state the obvious. Why do you even open the post knowing it is going to be another replica. Get the f**k over it!
Old 12-22-2008, 09:33 PM
kelsey_kaye

couldn't have been said better solid....
Old 12-22-2008, 09:46 PM
ALO8

Wink

At this point, I could give 2$hits about Rota's vastly improved quality. Cheap imitation wheels do no R&D, nor do they have a design team. They simply steal the design and sell them to ppl who don't want to pull the trigger on the real thing (but want the "real thing" look). I have been guilty of buying replica parts in the past, but I try to avoid it now after seeing the impact in the industry. I guarantee if you guys personally put out a product, and someone completely stole your design, you wouldn't feel the same about this issue. I have no respect for rota after seeing this latest travesty.
Like you actually work at Rota and you know what goes on behind the scene. Unless you actually know the process by which these wheels were fabricated, I think you're simply jumping to conclusions, or simply hating because Volk ripped you a big Ahole after you dropped 3 grand on a set of wheels who in the eye of someone who knows nothing about wheels cannot see a big enough difference in the appearance of the wheel in order to justify the price. Clearly the majority of people with volks get their panties tied up in a knot because they act as if knockoffs are taking money out of there pockets, when the truth is that unless you work for volk or are a vendor you will not be affected. And if volk loses profits and raises prices, would be stupid because they already take their competitors and profits into account. I have no problem with knockoffs, although I dont own knock off wheels.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:23 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by solidsnake
The typical members state the obvious. Why do you even open the post knowing it is going to be another replica. Get the f**k over it!
Well change the fuking title to "Old Volk design ripped off and copied for wanna be ballas"

There is nothing new about this design.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:28 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Ouch...the response has been overwhelming. Negative, yet overwhelming lol.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:49 PM
friscomgm

I think the thing that bothers me most is the fact that Rota, and the people who are apparently making money off of them, refuse to acknowledge the fact that they are ripping off Volk's designs in any way. It is as if they totally ignore the fact that their wheels are cheap, low quality, imitation products that only discourage originality and advancement from true innovators in the industry.

Of course they will still sell, since their designs are rip-offs of good designs. And their price point is untouchable due to their dirt cheap manufacturing processes and complete lack of R&D. Let us not discount the fact that they lack any form of motorsports participation because, lets be honest here, any team that attempted to run any form of professional motorsports on Rota wheels would have to consist of members with suicidal tenancies. It is companies like Rota that are putting additional strain on legitimate industry originality at a time when our beloved import industry is already stressed to the point where only the strongest of the strong will survive.

So thank you Rota, it appears that you are increasingly quick at "unveiling" new designs not long after Volk. It seems as though your efficiency at stealing is improving, and that you are becoming an even better criminal than we all thought you were.

Long live the import industry, but know that it is companies like you who are bringing it down, kicking it while it's down there, and spitting in its face without so much as an acknowledgment of your own actions.
Old 12-22-2008, 10:50 PM
n1sm0r

I think you're looking for NASIOC
Old 12-22-2008, 11:09 PM
Triple8Sol
Banned

Originally Posted by n1sm0r
I think you're looking for NASIOC
You're spot on. That place, from admins to mods to members, defend Rotas with a passion. No shame.
Old 12-22-2008, 11:13 PM
JAM3Z
Phenom

Wow. This thread has been received poorly.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:17 AM
stylett9

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Well change the fuking title to "Old Volk design ripped off and copied for wanna be ballas"

There is nothing new about this design.

rip off of volk design fine. But "wanna be ballas"? Do you buy your volks because you like the way they look or because it places you in a "balla" category?

well whatever your reason, I like the way Rota's "knock off" looks, and it comes at a much better price then volks so i will buy them. If i truely raced my car, then yes i'd buy volks. But for a simple appearence mod, some of us don't need to feel "balla" to like our wheels.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:26 AM
SoldzMyZ

I personally would be afraid of my "genuine" volts $4000 rims getting ripped off and my car on blocks. Not worth it. I'd totally rock these and use my track rims for racing purposes. I personally am looking forward to getting the rota torque wheels when I'm done with grad school. But that's just me. I don't want to be like, OMG the wheel shop just scratched my rims. Its not like our cars are ferraris or something. Its a nissan. No use putting rims that are 1/4 the cost of the car when the car itself is not even paid off yet.

Last edited by SoldzMyZ; 12-23-2008 at 12:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:49 AM
AllstarE4
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

The fact of the matter is Volk owners entered a pissing contest when they purchased their wheels. "I've got more money and my car is nicer because of my Volk wheels." This actually proves nothing. I could take one paycheck and buy a set of Meisters if I wanted. It makes no sense to me though.

I actually bought my car with Rotas on there. I haven't had any problems with the wheels. The finish is still nice after a couple years of being on the car. They don't lose air and have no bends or cracks. They roll. They look good.

If a high end wheel company like Volk, Work, iForged, etc has a particular wheel that I want over any other wheel then I may make that purchase. But if someone chooses to buy a replica wheel then so be it. Funny how you don't see but one or two occasional gripe posts in the bodywork category (and this comes from employees of the originator mostly). There are SEVERAL companies making replica body kits.
Old 12-23-2008, 12:59 AM
SoldzMyZ

Originally Posted by AllstarE4
The fact of the matter is Volk owners entered a pissing contest when they purchased their wheels. "I've got more money and my car is nicer because of my Volk wheels." This actually proves nothing. I could take one paycheck and buy a set of Meisters if I wanted. It makes no sense to me though.

I actually bought my car with Rotas on there. I haven't had any problems with the wheels. The finish is still nice after a couple years of being on the car. They don't lose air and have no bends or cracks. They roll. They look good.

If a high end wheel company like Volk, Work, iForged, etc has a particular wheel that I want over any other wheel then I may make that purchase. But if someone chooses to buy a replica wheel then so be it. Funny how you don't see but one or two occasional gripe posts in the bodywork category (and this comes from employees of the originator mostly). There are SEVERAL companies making replica body kits.
Its funny really. Jeez maybe its my 26 year old age, but I'd rather put that money into stocks.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:00 AM
Germanguy

knock off..

I believe .. +6

Quick Reply: New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**