Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2008, 10:12 AM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by synth19
What are you talking about? These spectrums are not a "mesh" design. BUT, if we're going to go there, Rota did copy the mesh pattern of the VS-XX. A mesh design is one thing, plenty of manufactures have this style. Obviously Volk or whoever did not "invent" this. However, the EXACT pattern is called stealing/copying. Let's not kid ourselves with these silly arguments. Rota has a recipe, take very popular wheels and then duplicate them @ a cheaper price. I'm giving arguments to both sides of the team, if not, tell me what the other side is....
But, isn't that the same for many products? Look at the racing seats mfgs. OMP, Cobra, Corbeau (Junk and I see Volk owners sporting them), Recaro, Racetech and Sparco have styles that are similar.

Even, the famous Bride has similar styles as above.

How about all these body kits that look really similar. Where is the bashing threads on those?

Basically, wtf do you or anyone (general statement not targeted at you) care who has what on their cars?

But bashing a sponsor that helps pay for this site, free to many that choose a non Premium Membership, is really pathetic.

Too much bashing on this site. I even see it with other sponsors against other sponsors.

On other forums your banned for doing this and Mods lock threads much quicker.

Isn't the point - If you like them then get them?
Old 12-23-2008, 10:17 AM
synth19

Originally Posted by 350zbiturbo
I am explaining to you, how not this design in particular, but Volks Mesh design, they didnt put "r&d" into that as you call it. They took a mesh design they found and made the wheel. Its not like Volk is the supreme. They simply make designs similar to others, thats just reality. I wanna know if you say Rota copied the mesh design from VSXX, OK FINE, SO your saying VSXX came up witht the mesh design?????????
I don't think you're getting it, I think you might be skimming my actual posts.
Let me be clear, I'm not saying that volk invented the "mesh design." However, there are certain intricacies and aspects of the design that are VERY specific to volk, work, etc. My point is that Rota copies this exactly. That's the bottomline. What exactly is your point? Look at all of Rota's designs and tell me I'm wrong. My main point is we should not support a company with these business' practices. Obviously everyone can do what they want. I'm just giving you my $0.02.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:18 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Mr.Silvia
lol @ ex rota torque owner

... proof? im positive he had nismos...
Old 12-23-2008, 10:18 AM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by stylett9
bump for updates on this wheel?
Rota stops all production for the month of December to clean and inspect their equipment. Production is scheduled to start early next year for the Spectrum wheel, I will post updates as I get them
Originally Posted by xxxlino
Like you actually work at Rota and you know what goes on behind the scene. Unless you actually know the process by which these wheels were fabricated, I think you're simply jumping to conclusions, or simply hating because Volk ripped you a big Ahole after you dropped 3 grand on a set of wheels who in the eye of someone who knows nothing about wheels cannot see a big enough difference in the appearance of the wheel in order to justify the price. Clearly the majority of people with volks get their panties tied up in a knot because they act as if knockoffs are taking money out of there pockets, when the truth is that unless you work for volk or are a vendor you will not be affected. And if volk loses profits and raises prices, would be stupid because they already take their competitors and profits into account. I have no problem with knockoffs, although I dont own knock off wheels.
Well said synth19's post are pretty ignorant if you ask me, he says there is no R&D yet he is completely wrong. While the designs may not be original there is still R&D in this product and the wheels do go through rigorous testing to make sure they are strong and of great quality. Afterall these wheels do past JWL/VIA test standards which proves they are strong wheels! These aren't cheap wheels made in China that have fake JWL/VIA imprints.

I've been to the Rota plant and seen these wheels produced, tested, etc.. There is definitely a lot of work involved in to making a wheel and money is saved as labor in the Philippines is cheaper and they are a cast wheel so the entire manufacturing process isn't as expensive.

I definitely stand behind these products as I truly believe they are quality wheels. I've ran tons of wheels over the years including Volk, Work, etc.. and I still love Rota wheels and run them daily on my car on the street, on the track, etc.. PAWI (the company that manufactures Rota wheels) has been in business since the 1970's and has been producing quality wheels for a long time. They manufacture a ton of wheels for the OEM markets (Toyota, Ford, Datsun, Isuzu, Mercedes-Benz, VW, etc..). We also visit Rota and fly all the way from the US to the Philippines to attend meetings, review our upcoming wheels, monitor production, etc.. This is a product we believe in and hope you guys can see that

A few pictures from our last trip a few months ago

production meetings

looking over different wheel finishes

no R&D?? please.... every wheel is blue printed, goes through computer simulations for testing, produced, tested on various equipment to ensure all JWL/VIA standards are met, etc..

Toyota? Yep the largest car manufacture in the world runs Rota's

Rota Wheels, Engineered to perform

Originally Posted by friscomgm
Of course they will still sell, since their designs are rip-offs of good designs. And their price point is untouchable due to their dirt cheap manufacturing processes and complete lack of R&D. Let us not discount the fact that they lack any form of motorsports participation because, lets be honest here, any team that attempted to run any form of professional motorsports on Rota wheels would have to consist of members with suicidal tenancies. It is companies like Rota that are putting additional strain on legitimate industry originality at a time when our beloved import industry is already stressed to the point where only the strongest of the strong will survive.
More ignorance Read my post above about R&D, now lets touch on motorsports.. Rota wheels aren't common in the highest tiers of racing like F1, etc.. That's because Rota manufactures cast aluminum wheels and these racing teams in F1 need the lightest possible wheel while still retaining strength. Rota does not manufacture forged wheels so they will never have the lightest wheel out there and thus they will probably never be used in these forms of racing. Does everyone need a $5K+ set of forged magnesium wheels to daily drive their car or have fun at a track event, NO!

Now lets look at where Rota wheels are used in motorsports. You are in the US so I'm really shocked that you have never been to or heard of any of the Time Attack events that have been going on for the past few years. This to me shows you have no experience in these forms of racing. GST Motorsports is a team we sponsor and they have had amazing success running Rota wheels. Those who know of their Impreza can vouch for how fast and well put together this car is, it's truly an awesome track prepped car. They have won countless AWD Unlimited Time Attack events and a lot of overall 1st place finishes for the Unlimited class. Also nearly every single motorsports event in the Philippines has Rota wheels as the #1 choice for wheels, as with Rays in Japan.

Quote from GST Owner/Tuner Mike Warfield

"We have smashed burms, jumped the car and done all things brutal we can and we have never hurt a Rota rim ever.

For sure the best wheel for the $ and strong as hell.

Mike
"

Rota P45R

Rota Torque R

Originally Posted by friscomgm
Long live the import industry, but know that it is companies like you who are bringing it down, kicking it while it's down there, and spitting in its face without so much as an acknowledgment of your own actions.
PAWI and Ray's have both been in business for a very long time. Each company has a market and they both do well in it. I guess I'm one of the "rare few" that have owned both Rota and Volk and yet I still would roll on Rota wheels any day. We don't all need forged wheels, 99% of the people on this forum will never race their car competitively in Formula F1 where they will need that extra couple pounds of weight savings to win a race.
Originally Posted by Triple8Sol
You're spot on. That place, from admins to mods to members, defend Rotas with a passion. No shame.
Are you really upset that you were permanently banned from Nasioc? You register on the forum and within 1 day you accumulate tons of warnings for slandering a product and posting your "homemade" images. Then after getting temp banned you register another fake account on the same IP address to do the same thing over and over. The amount of fake accounts and harassment from other vendors and US Distributors of these "jdm" wheels is getting to be pretty funny Luckily my350Z and Nasioc have an awesome staff that put a stop to these shady tactics.
Originally Posted by Z King
what are the offsets?
The Spectrum will be offered in 19x9 +20 and 19x10 +20 staggered fitments.
Originally Posted by Nexx
wow, just wow. just go to a meet. compare the differences between knock offs and the real thing. its NIGHT AND DAY to people who arent blind.
Which Rota wheels have you recently seen at local meets? I have seen cheap knock offs but to single out Rota and say their quality is poor doesn't make sense.
Originally Posted by OMEGA46
BTW, why doesnt the OP respond to any of this?
This thread was bumped at 8:45pm PST, sorry I'm not on the forums 24/7 We all have families and I'm not logged in every single minute of the day

-Dan

Last edited by WheelDude.com; 12-23-2008 at 10:29 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:24 AM
synth19

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com

Well said synth19's post are pretty ignorant if you ask me, he says there is no R&D yet he is completely wrong. While the designs may not be original there is still R&D in this product and the wheels do go through rigorous testing to make sure they are strong and of great quality.

-Dan
I applaud your efforts to make the wheels safe... Saying you guys did no R&D was not meant at Rota not meeting safety standards, rather original design.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:25 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

But you still cannot argue that every design that rota has released recently, has been a complete bite off of previous designs, and a majority from Volk. This is the biggest factor why people resent rotas..

edit:this is to wheeldude

Last edited by Vq.turbo.DremZ; 12-23-2008 at 10:27 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:33 AM
Chebosto
350Z-holic

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by WheelDude.com
no R&D?? please.... every wheel is blue printed, goes through computer simulations for testing, produced, tested on various equipment to ensure all JWL/VIA standards are met, etc..
Perhaps R&D isnt the correct phrase.. maybe he should have said no NEW R&D.. Every wheel is blue printed/CAD modeled because in order to cast it, you need an original mold form... which comes from..(wait for it...) a Reverse Engineered design of an original Volk/Rays or Work wheel.

Pretty sure if Rota didn't screw up in the copying stage that their wheel will meet JWL/VIA standards because the original Rays one cleared it first! (during THEIR R&D stage designs) Now all Rota needs to do is ensure that their reversed engineered wheel will still pass the same standard using a cast method vs forged....

Last edited by Chebosto; 12-23-2008 at 10:35 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 10:38 AM
Steve-O Z33

Volk fanboys are overly persistent! What's it going to take before you guys realize that Volk didn't invent the wheel? Sure, it's most likely copying a wheel that a lot of people are going to want. But is the design original to Volk in all cases? I'm sure they didn't invent every wheel design that's available today. 5 spokes made by Rota= Volk knock offs. 6 spokes? Volk knock offs. Mesh? Volk knock offs. Why can't Volks be called BBS knock offs or Enkei knock offs, etc? It's b/c you guys have a ****ing ego complex. Get over yourselves. Wheel designs are recycled all throughout the industry and the point of different levels of pricing and quality is so that all enthusiasts can obtain the look that they want while fitting their budget.

Actually, I'm getting Volks in a few months and I'm not going to be pissed off b/c someone makes a more affordable wheel. I know if Volk makes a design 1st, it's the best quality but it's also the most expensive. If someone can't afford it/doesn't want to spend that much, who cares? It's not like they're forcing you to put them on your car. Just STFU with all the fanboy crap already. Having $3,000+ wheels on your car doesn't make you a better person. Stop acting like it does. I'll probably end up selling my Volks for being annoyed by the large amounts of nutswingers that I'll have.

Last edited by Steve-O Z33; 12-23-2008 at 10:40 AM.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:10 AM
Vq.turbo.DremZ

Originally Posted by Steve-O Z33
Volk fanboys are overly persistent! What's it going to take before you guys realize that Volk didn't invent the wheel? Sure, it's most likely copying a wheel that a lot of people are going to want. But is the design original to Volk in all cases? I'm sure they didn't invent every wheel design that's available today. 5 spokes made by Rota= Volk knock offs. 6 spokes? Volk knock offs. Mesh? Volk knock offs. Why can't Volks be called BBS knock offs or Enkei knock offs, etc? It's b/c you guys have a ****ing ego complex. Get over yourselves. Wheel designs are recycled all throughout the industry and the point of different levels of pricing and quality is so that all enthusiasts can obtain the look that they want while fitting their budget.

Actually, I'm getting Volks in a few months and I'm not going to be pissed off b/c someone makes a more affordable wheel. I know if Volk makes a design 1st, it's the best quality but it's also the most expensive. If someone can't afford it/doesn't want to spend that much, who cares? It's not like they're forcing you to put them on your car. Just STFU with all the fanboy crap already. Having $3,000+ wheels on your car doesn't make you a better person. Stop acting like it does. I'll probably end up selling my Volks for being annoyed by the large amounts of nutswingers that I'll have.
Old 12-23-2008, 11:31 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by stylett9
rip off of volk design fine. But "wanna be ballas"? Do you buy your volks because you like the way they look or because it places you in a "balla" category?

well whatever your reason, I like the way Rota's "knock off" looks, and it comes at a much better price then volks so i will buy them. If i truely raced my car, then yes i'd buy volks. But for a simple appearence mod, some of us don't need to feel "balla" to like our wheels.
Obviously, you got the cheapest 350Z they make.

Are you a teen?
Old 12-23-2008, 03:38 PM
MyV6IsFast3r

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Wheel Dude - Come in here and call people ignorant? Makes no difference if what their post is misinformed or not, you handled that very poorly. For that you have FOREVER lost my business.

While I do not see myself spending 3k for wheels I will stick with a company that designs their own style wheels and are very established in the auto racing industry. Enkei provides the McLaren Formula 1 team with their wheels. Regardless, you handled yourself very poorly. I was planning on buying some of your wheels even though you do not offer the size and offset I want, but after your posts there is no way I will ever buy from a company that calls it's potential buyers ignorant. All you had to do was state your side and what you have seen from Rota. I understand you are just a distributor, but you represent Rota and you have done a terrible job of that.

Professionalism is key to any business.

Just my .02 cents

Last edited by MyV6IsFast3r; 12-23-2008 at 03:42 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 03:56 PM
tware

considering the outrageous and baseless comments about WheelDude's products... his livelihood.. I think his comments were restrained. Perhaps you would be more composed if people attacked your work? Sometimes ignorant is the right word. Some of those comments had no basis in fact, information that Wheeldude has posted here numerous times. You cant have been here very long without having already seen the info on the racing teams. The testing.. the design work.. the OE work for big auto manufacturers.. So... what word would you pick? Misinformed? by who? Not informed? Well, they certainly had a strong opinion to not be informed.

Sorry, I really doubt he lost a sale over those words.

Last edited by tware; 12-23-2008 at 06:53 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:02 PM
SlipZ

Smile

[QUOTE=MyV6IsFast3r;6719417]Wheel Dude - Come in here and call people ignorant? Makes no difference if what their post is misinformed or not, you handled that very poorly. For that you have FOREVER lost my business.

While I do not see myself spending 3k for wheels I will stick with a company that designs their own style wheels and are very established in the auto racing industry. Enkei provides the McLaren Formula 1 team with their wheels. Regardless, you handled yourself very poorly. I was planning on buying some of your wheels even though you do not offer the size and offset I want, but after your posts there is no way I will ever buy from a company that calls it's potential buyers ignorant. All you had to do was state your side and what you have seen from Rota. I understand you are just a distributor, but you represent Rota and you have done a terrible job of that.

Professionalism is key to any business.=quote]

You are entitled to your opinion. Wheeldude is one of the sponsors on this site. If you can criticize Wheeldude, you should do the same on those guys who are bashing and making inaccurate claims. Im not pro wheeldude, but come on. Wheeldude can also REFUSE to do business with anybody. It goes both ways. The fact that they are a sponsor,they are business entity. They are looking for potential buyer. If you dont want to buy his product they'll be ok with it. But anyone does not deserve to be bashed like that.

Just my .02 cents

Last edited by SlipZ; 12-23-2008 at 04:20 PM.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:11 PM
350zbiturbo

myv6isfaster: GOOD, go away, dont purchase from him. I am surprised he still wants to help us out and offer us deals and what not, b/c of how he has been treated on this forum. If he called someone ignorant, then let me tell you, look at his past record and you will see that I think he deserved to say that b/c of how held back he has always been. Kudos to you wheeldude, i bought my rotas from you for my subaru back in the day so def know your a good guy.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:15 PM
SlipZ

As a matter of fact im considering their Linea Corse Dyna for my E90. I have good experiences with them from Bimmerpost.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:17 PM
stylett9

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
Obviously, you got the cheapest 350Z they make.

Are you a teen?
Yes i do have a base model 350z. What is your point? I guess I don't qualify as balla status since i didn't get a grand touring?

No i'm not a teen.

Mind if I ask what you do for a living? Please don't take 15 minutes to over glorify and state what you do.

However, I will be honest with you straight up front. I'm a financial advisor for the 3rd largest credit union in the United States, 9th largest in the nation. I'm licensed to sell life insurance and annuities. While I may not be the most credible financial advisor you can go to, I'd have to say that my job title counters your assumed "mommy and daddy must have bought your car" theory of me.

Anyhow, why waste your time talking to me. Obviously I'm not a "balla" like you.
Old 12-23-2008, 04:19 PM
v8 rofl
Banned

I think that WheelDude came into a thread full of ******** remarks, and people bashing his business (Distribution of Rotas), and handled it quite professionally and well. They just like everyone else has a right to defend their views and stance on things. Just because most of you are "too good" to put a wheel on your car because its cheaper than a "baller" company is just pathetic and you need to get over yourself... Have I ever owned Rotas? No, I've only ever had Enkei and Prodrive, neither of which are very "baller" but they were great wheels and never had a problem, just as the Rotas have been great wheels and can hold up to much abuse (proof=GST subaru). IDK how much more you people want from Rota to show that their wheels can hold up... And if you're bitching that they aren't original, then STFU and dont buy them. You can go pay for your $3000+ wheels while i spend ~900 for wheels that look just as good... Rota is not the only company that has replicated designs...

I will be purchasing Rotas for my car. Most likely the SVN's. They look good, and will leave me more money to spend on better tires. Why max out a credit card just for wheels.... thats stupid.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:10 PM
WXSigns
Vendor - Former Vendor

He was unprofessional? Buddy, you wear your heart on your sleeves.

It's a business transaction he's not trying to be your friend. As well as your not. But it sure sounds like you need a warm fuzzy to purchase a product from any vendor.

I'm sure him loosing your "potential" business isn't going to hurt his bottom line. This is not the only site Wheeldude is on.

I'm actually surprised he is still here. Whoever runs this site, mods, admins and or owners obviously don't care if the sponsors are bashed by members or other sponsors.

Let a lone this thread going on for 5 pages and counting.
Old 12-23-2008, 05:34 PM
Project3fiftyZ

Wheeldude handled this situation just fine. I have been on this site for a little over a year and I have read a LOT of bashing of Rota wheels, which happen to be his business. He takes a lot of abuse on these boards and represents himself well and is also known for excellent customer service.

Back on topic though... I like the way these wheels look and I may end up coming out of pocket for a pair of these!
Old 12-23-2008, 05:47 PM
kelsey_kaye

i'm actually surprised this thread hasn't been locked already.

Quick Reply: New Rota design unveiled - 19" Rota Spectrum **Bunch of Pictures**