Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

THE NEW Rota Boost on our Z!!! (Gold & Hyper Black)

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2009, 01:02 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxlino
Thats exactly what I meant, they are not offering them as Volk replicas. They sell them under the name Rota.
Yeah, they just steal designs and claim it as theirs. If you were to turn in a paper at school that you didn't write, but claimed it as your own work, isn't that wrong?

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
They need to come up with their own designs then like big boys.
EXACTLY!

Originally Posted by Brrcats
I'm assuming everyone in this thread also purchases only name brand pharmacueticals and not generic.

*fans flames*
Not the same thing. generic meds still have to be chemically the same as name brand. Rota does not use the same manufacturing techniques or materials as Volk. In fact, I believe most meds must have a generic form after the original proprieter has recouped the cost of developing the med.
Old 03-20-2009, 01:26 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MethodRN

Not the same thing. generic meds still have to be chemically the same as name brand. Rota does not use the same manufacturing techniques or materials as Volk. In fact, I believe most meds must have a generic form after the original proprieter has recouped the cost of developing the med.
Green and yellow pills aren't all the same on the inside?
Old 03-20-2009, 01:32 PM
ATX350

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

<3 wheeldude!
Old 03-20-2009, 02:45 PM
68Stang

So why don't we discuss the SSR Professor SP1 and the Work Meister S1. In this case, who are we supposed to hate?
Old 03-20-2009, 04:05 PM
InZpire

^^ I'm actually intrigued by their difference and history.
Old 03-20-2009, 05:06 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Originally Posted by 68Stang
So why don't we discuss the SSR Professor SP1 and the Work Meister S1. In this case, who are we supposed to hate?
There are differences between the 2 designs though.

See how these are identical, except one is a rota and the other an advan

Last edited by MethodRN; 03-20-2009 at 05:16 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:24 PM
Zstealth

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
I thought all the kids your age made $250,000 a year?
KIDS/TEENS/POSER/DRIVING LIKE AN IDIOT/CANT AFFORD ****/GAY/***/ETC. YOU HATE TEENS SO MUCH? I WONDER WHY?

???? your one of the Most disrecpectful Members in this forum. i dont give a damn if your a Veteran in this Board.Who do you think you are?enough said!
Old 03-20-2009, 06:25 PM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

There are differences between the 2 designs though.

See how these are identical, except one is a rota and the other an advan

you gotta be kidding. They both look identical. Unless you actually get down and measure, to the naked eye they are the same.
Old 03-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

you gotta be kidding. They both look identical. Unless you actually get down and measure, to the naked eye they are the same.
or if you pick them up...
Old 03-20-2009, 06:48 PM
68Stang

If you want to get picky, and look at design, as I have stated before,the Rota Grids have wider spokes and more concavity than the Volk TE/LE37s. The P45 has more concavity than the Nismo LMGT4s. The Rota Boost has wider spokes than the Advan RGII, and the section of the wheel that houses the valve stem is more angular on the Rota and curved on the Advan. It almost looks like you guys are more acute in looking for details that separate wheels that are copied, yet some how worlds apart when the copying is done by the 'boutique brands'.

Concerning the D2, SP1, and S1, the section of lip on the D2 which houses the valve stem is closer to a 45* angle. On the SP1 it is smaller and closer to a 90* angle. On the S1, it is still closer to a 45* angle, but located further away from the spokes. The D2 shares no numbers or letters in its name with the other two. Therefore, all 3 of the wheels are vastly different according to previous logic.
Old 03-20-2009, 07:53 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by 68Stang
Although, I do see the attempt at the lame diversion. This is a 5 spoke three-piece rim we are talking about here. The main distinction is the Meisters have rivets that go around the entire rim, while the SP1's rivets end where the spokes begin/end. It's like comparing a black sweater that has been designed a million times over with minor varying prints and artwork. There are going to be similarities such as sleeves, a collar, etc. There are bound to be similarities if enough companies design something that has been manipulated a thousand times over.

Of course other things such as the curvature, pad height, etc. are different as well, but those are much more minute when compared to the most obvious distinction. Arguably, the minor differences can be said for Rotas vs. what they knock off as well. However, reverting back to my initial analogy above about the black sweater; Rota would not only copy the sleeves, collar, and basic black color, etc. of the sweater, but also the print and artwork and throw on a Rota tag calling it a "new" design.

I would like to see any of you compile a dirty laundry list as long as Rotas, for either SSR, Work, or Volks with close to 40 copies just on this list alone. Having a few similar wheels especially on something simple as a common 5 spoke design is one thing and logically bound to happen, but when a company's whole entire line up has no original design and blatantly copies every other manufacturer...that is truly comparing apples and oranges. Lets speak of the reality of this theft, rather than trying to divert from the truth of the matter.

Rota WTC = 5Zigen ZR+520
Rota SDR = Prodrive PFF7
Rota Tarmac 3 = Prodrive GC010
Rota Flashback = Work Equip 03
Rota Battle = Advan T5
Rota Formula = BBS CH
Rota Real Lite = Gram Lights 57 maximum
Rota Group N = Mugen RNR
Rota Auto X = SSR Type X
Rota Grid= Volk TE37
Rota Subzero=Racing Hart CP035
Rota Flight= CPF Tune-R
Rota P45= NISMO lmgt4
Rota Boost= Advan RG 2
Rota MSR= WORK RSB
Rota GT3= Gab Sports
Rota Circuit 10= Mugen MF10
Rota Circuit 8= Mugen MF8
Rota Torque= Work Emotion CR
Rota D2=Work Meiser S1
Rota sdx= Mugen gp
Rota SVN/Spectrum= Volk RE30
Rota Slipstream = Spoon Sports SW388
Rota Attack= Gram Lights 57cz
Rota DPT= Volk CE28
Rota Track R= Sprint Hart CP-R
Rota JSPL= Work rsz-r
Rota J-Mag= Mugen M7
Rota p1= works emotion xd9
Rota G-Force= Advan RS
Ruff 279 = Volk TE37
Rota Bella = Voltec MS
Rota MGM = Mugen XJ

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-22-2009 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 08:11 PM
68Stang

If the D2 copies either, I would say it copies the SP1 more so than the S1 as they both have 5 rivets between spokes. I would also like to see any list you can compile of other brands such as Volk, SSR, Work, Advan, etc, and any of their "coincidental" copies, along with release dates for each wheel. It would then be interesting to see in cases other than just Rota, who may have copied, or rather inspired (since we're now talking about Volk by all means) by who.
Old 03-20-2009, 10:35 PM
MethodRN
For Sale

Not even close. Look at the rivets. The SSR is flush, the Work's are raised. Have you seen both wheels up close? If you have you can definately tell they are different. The SSR's spokes are flatter, where as the spokes on the Work S1 has more of a curvature. But that's the difference between different interpretation vs. straigh stealing a design.

As for the RGII vs. the Boost. It's hard to say from the pics if the Boost spokes are thicker. From these 2 pics, they look identical.
Advan

Rota

Since there is such a dispute, how come the Vendor selling Rota's hasn't spoken up to say that Rota does not steal designs from Volk, Work, Advan and others?

Last edited by MethodRN; 03-20-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:17 PM
TSG-Z

I thought it was common knowledge that Rota was ripping Volks, whats this agruement about?
Old 03-20-2009, 11:42 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by TSG-Z
I thought it was common knowledge that Rota was ripping Volks, whats this agruement about?
People are trying to divert the argument in a different direction by comparing a handful of similar 5 spoke wheel designs from REAL wheel companies and why it is the same as ROTA stealing close to 40 wheel designs. View post #89, 90, 91, and 92. lol
Old 03-20-2009, 11:46 PM
dj.kickz

You are the one who is delusional with your bad analogies. Until it is dimmed illegal, it just seems like whining. I really dont know why rays hasnt sued Rota. It seems like an easy win, maybe there is something here that I do not know when it comes to wheel design copyrights, but seems pretty straightforward.
its not cost effective to patent each design as patent costs are so high. The only reason louis vuitton can sue people that steal their designs is because the print which is used on most of their stuff is patented, if you rip off one of the few louis vuitton purses that don't have this print they wouldn't bother coming after you.
Old 03-20-2009, 11:48 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Since there is such a dispute, how come the *Vendor selling Rota's hasn't spoken up to say that Rota does not steal designs from Volk, Work, Advan and others?
Crickets typically are called in as reserves for the following cases:

-If the *"other party" is proven wrong.
-If the *"other party" is afraid of more scrutiny.
-If the *"other party" would rather see the thread die so other members cannot see the truth.

If the Rota lovers really want to help him out, it's better that they don't reply in this thread since it creates healthy discussion. If the thread dies, I don't think any of us have any reason to respond. I wouldn't be surprised if the thread is locked by the staff. From what I have witnessed, the only thing that can get a vendor banned is if they receive enough complaints about poor customer service and the lack of customers receiving their items. Other than that, game on!

A similar case happened here where the crickets started chirping once they were proven wrong.

-https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exha...k2-spacer.html

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQFEY9RIRJA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQFEY9RIRJA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-21-2009 at 01:10 AM.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:05 AM
MethodRN
For Sale

^

You're right. I don't think I've ever seen the Rota Vendor ever just come out and say..

"Rota does not copy/steal/knock-off wheel designs from other companies"
Old 03-21-2009, 01:15 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Crickets typically are called in as reserves for the following cases:

-If the *"other party" is proven wrong.
-If the *"other party" is afraid of more scrutiny.
-If the *"other party" would rather see the thread die so other members cannot see the truth.

If the Rota lovers really want to help him out, it's better that they don't reply in this thread since it creates healthy discussion. If the thread dies, I don't think any of us have any reason to respond. I wouldn't be surprised if the thread is locked by the staff. From what I have witnessed, the only thing that can get a vendor banned is if they receive enough complaints about poor customer service and the lack of customers receiving their items. Other than that, game on!

A similar case happened here where the crickets started chirping once they were proven wrong.

-https://my350z.com/forum/intake-exha...k2-spacer.html

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQFEY9RIRJA&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/CQFEY9RIRJA&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>
Rick, remind me never to **** you off.
Old 03-21-2009, 06:04 AM
68Stang

^

You're right. I don't think I've ever seen the Rota Vendor ever just come out and say..

"Rota does not copy/steal/knock-off wheel designs from other companies"
And what exactly do you think would come of it if he did? 500 more pages of the same stuff?

Quick Reply: THE NEW Rota Boost on our Z!!! (Gold & Hyper Black)