Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

THE NEW Rota Boost on our Z!!! (Gold & Hyper Black)

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2009, 06:20 AM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by MethodRN
how come the Vendor selling Rota's hasn't spoken up to say that Rota does not steal designs from Volk, Work, Advan and others?
He sells fake Rolexs out of his jacket on Saturdays.
Old 03-21-2009, 12:14 PM
ALO8

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

lol, the only reason people are hate on Rota is because they believe its detrimental to volk. Rota might make knockoffs of volks, but since its not illegal, people feel its immoral to replicate the design they volk has worked so hard at. I dont think this should be a problem unless you are the actual designer, but even then, they probably know they are in a field in which there design is at risk. Im pretty sure Volk knows this because after all they know wheels. Its whining people who know nothing that try and put an end to something that is as clear as black and white. If you cant patent a design because "it would not be cost effective" well then there is nothing wrong. So in other words Rota should feel guilty for replicating volk wheels and not using there own designs? I don't think this will end, but what I dont really understand or get amused is how offended people get when they see someone with Rotas. They take it personal.

Doesn't effect you one bit, and if for whatever reason volks prices go up because of this (as some people from rays engineering themselves have said), it will not make the price go up a ridiculous amount. There are other factors that raise prices. And yet people that gloat they could afford volks whine at the fact they may have to fork out some extra cash.
go figure
Old 03-21-2009, 01:02 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by xxxlino
lol, the only reason people are hate on Rota is because they believe its detrimental to volk. Rota might make knockoffs of volks, but since its not illegal, people feel its immoral to replicate the design they volk has worked so hard at. I dont think this should be a problem unless you are the actual designer, but even then, they probably know they are in a field in which there design is at risk. Im pretty sure Volk knows this because after all they know wheels. Its whining people who know nothing that try and put an end to something that is as clear as black and white. If you cant patent a design because "it would not be cost effective" well then there is nothing wrong. So in other words Rota should feel guilty for replicating volk wheels and not using there own designs? I don't think this will end, but what I dont really understand or get amused is how offended people get when they see someone with Rotas. They take it personal.

Doesn't effect you one bit, and if for whatever reason volks prices go up because of this (as some people from rays engineering themselves have said), it will not make the price go up a ridiculous amount. There are other factors that raise prices. And yet people that gloat they could afford volks whine at the fact they may have to fork out some extra cash.
go figure
We all know that Volk runs the risks you have mentioned. I honestly never got in to the whole Rota vs authentic debate much, but there had to be a line drawn somewhere. I honestly don't really care that much and in the big scheme of things, there are wayyyyy more important things in life to worry about.

The reason why I chimed in so much as of late on this is because of how ignorant some of the Rota nuthuggers could be to the facts and why people do have a bad taste in their mouths about the whole situation. Couple that with the fact that this very vendor tried to post personal information such as IP addresses and bad mouth the hand that feeds them (in this case Volk). I'm not sure if you or others saw that since the moderators deleted his posts. A moderator even quit and was mysteriously reinstated. Last I checked, what the vendor did was against the TOU, but of course since he is a paying vendor they're going to let him slide. Talk about the "slippery slope" theory going in to effect here. Where do we draw the line when money is involved right? God forbid that they lose money. LOL

Here is the thread I am referring to in regards to the information referenced above. Pay close attention to the quoted posts, although of course the juicy stuff has been deleted.

https://my350z.com/forum/media-share...ta-wheels.html

Like I said before, if people do positive/good things, good things come around without any flak from others. However, if people do bad things especially to those that they should be thankful for in regards to their "success", it naturally makes sense that people get bothered by it. I laugh at the irony of someone fighting with someone that basically feeds them and in this case designs lol. Anyways the debate was fun.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-21-2009 at 01:10 PM.
Old 03-21-2009, 02:08 PM
ALO8

lol, at people arguing something that has been around since they've been born and wanting "change" now.

WE WANT CHANGE

Bump for Rota
Old 03-21-2009, 02:22 PM
Hraesvelg
Got Uranium?

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

lol, at people arguing something that has been around since they've been born and wanting "change" now.

WE WANT CHANGE

Bump for Rota
You should lead an army of broke teens to lynch the Volk owners...
Old 03-21-2009, 04:57 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

Originally Posted by Hraesvelg
You should lead an army of broke teens to lynch the Volk owners...
Old 03-22-2009, 12:07 PM
Rickdogg
Out of hiatus

WE WANT CHANGE

Bump for Rota
Since you want to keep the fake wheels, turning on this....errr I mean the thread going:

It looks like replica companies want change now as well. Linea corse made a threatening phone call to the host of fakewheels.com on his cell phone for using "copywritten" images and that he would take "legal action" if they were not taken down. Hypocrisy at it's finest here folks. It's okay for replica companies to knock-off other companies wheel designs, but they will seek legal action for someone posting the truth ROFL.

I wouldn't be surprised if they were bluffing. By the way, i'm sure the wheeldude is appreciating you bumping this thread lol. Bump for Rota.

Last edited by Rickdogg; 03-22-2009 at 12:14 PM.
Old 03-22-2009, 01:51 PM
madpanda

LOL at the fact that there is a site fakewheels.com
It's quite informative as well.
Old 03-22-2009, 02:46 PM
Ed Hardy
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Fakewheels.com is awesome.
Old 03-22-2009, 03:51 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

No offense, guys, but this sht has got to stop. Everybody with 2 active brain cells can tell that the Rotas are replicas. We don't need half the forum posting that these are replicas. We all have eyes, thanks.

If people choose to go with replicas versus the originals, then that's their prerogative. We don't need online nannies telling them that they copied such and such wheels and that this and that happened. Things happen to all kinds of wheels for various reasons.

Let it go, people. I'm not protecting any vendors because of their online status as "sponsors," so don't give me that BS, neither. It's just getting very tiresome to read the same things over and over and over again.

Consider this as a public warning to all.
Old 03-22-2009, 04:26 PM
FastZ33

goldddddddddddd
Old 05-05-2009, 07:42 PM
Blck350z

Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery **Charles Colton**

Love the Gold on a black car btw!!!
Old 05-05-2009, 07:52 PM
Steve-O Z33

I have Volks and I couldn't care less that Rotas look like other wheels. #1, you can tell the difference. #2, if someone can't afford Works, Advans, or Volks, they can still achieve a basic look for their car while maintaining a budget. And #3, I choose what I want on my car... I don't give 2 ***** what someone else is doing. Why get all bent out of shape about it? If the more expensive companies want it to stop, let them stop it with legal action. If the wheels you bought got copied, it's probably b/c of their insane amount of popularity which doesn't make you all that original/exclusive to begin with. Imitation is the finest form of flattery. Get over it.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:25 PM
atar350

I agree with you steve-o. I have never understood why people get so bent out of shape about these replica wheels and then argue about them over, and over again. We all know they are replicas, we know where they are getting their designs from but in the end where is all this arguing going to get us? No where. What is a website pointing out these details that are obvious going to do? Probably get taken down. In the end the "bad guys" are going to win anyway.

I find the R&D defense on partly why Volks are priced so high funny. You're buying first the name and then quality. Another purse reference, does LV need to put in R&D on how to design a better purse or wallet to justify the price? You're buying the name first, and then a better quality material. Anyway, I am going to stick with worrying only about what I do and not about others. I am a firm believer in you get what you pay for, if someone wants to pay less for a rip off so what.\

*Edit.

Whoooa was not paying attention and did not notice how old this was, sorry to bring back from dead.

Last edited by atar350; 12-06-2009 at 03:30 PM.
Old 12-06-2009, 03:37 PM
Mike@Blackline
Banned

why does rota refuse to make at least 19 to clear the biggest of BBKs?
Old 12-07-2009, 10:06 AM
WheelDude.com
Vendor - Former Vendor

Originally Posted by Mike@Blackline
why does rota refuse to make at least 19 to clear the biggest of BBKs?
Refuse???

We carry the Rota Spectrum in 19x9 and 19x10 fitments that clears large BBK's

We also carry the Rota P45 in 19x9 and 19x10 fitments that clears large BBK's

-Dan