Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Who Says Custom Headlights Have To Be Expensive...DIYFTW

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2008, 12:49 PM
TheOtherRob

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by dj.kickz
please don't get my wrong I love my CinCity Headlights and I paid no where near what you guys are talking about, but I was one of the first orders when they opened and I just assumed that was why my prices were so much lower. however it seems like TB is contradicting himself in this thread and thats why i felt like I needed to chime in.
Bro if I had the PM I would show you, but the first quote I got back when they started was around 915 shipped, for the same mods that I wanted last month. He is contradicting himself, there is a different price on every page. Im not here to start ****, but I look out for people on here. If I know something isnt adding up, I will put that **** out in a heart beat. I dont sit back like alot of people that got quotes and just brushed it off, while other people are getting 50% discounts for being a "friend" over the internet... bs
Old 12-08-2008, 01:07 PM
drewk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is messed up...I think TB is trying to confuse everyone. Throwing random figures at people depending on his mood.
On a serious note, I was looking into getting my lights done with cincity. I noticed that their prices were excessively high. But I started to notice that the pricing for everyone was different. Some people got cheap prices with or without sponsorships. Others got totally raped (myself included).
I also started to realize that they started giving discounts on every holiday occasion/ car event...
"thanksgiving sale", "post sema sale", best pricing sale etc...

Which led me to believe that their profit margin is ridiculous... I think they will lose business because of such practices. And there is 1 thing that a company cannot live without.... and thats customers.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:18 PM
benderzjamez

I think that the OP did his lights and they look great and as for everyone else with the problem of Cincity's prices or another companies prices that should be put in another thread cause you guys have serious jacked this guys thread for probably the last 2 or 3 pages. Oh yeah I do not have lights done by Cincity I just don't feel that jacking someones thread is right. This is my opinion.

Congrats on your lights OP and they look great and glad to hear you have saved money by doing it yourself.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:36 PM
cheshirecat79

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think they should just accept payment in the form of gaming consoles only. If you include your hard drive and xbox live membership you get a free lens upgrade.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:38 PM
galant350z

^ lmao,
Old 12-08-2008, 01:50 PM
TheOtherRob

Originally Posted by benderzjamez
I think that the OP did his lights and they look great and as for everyone else with the problem of Cincity's prices or another companies prices that should be put in another thread cause you guys have serious jacked this guys thread for probably the last 2 or 3 pages. Oh yeah I do not have lights done by Cincity I just don't feel that jacking someones thread is right. This is my opinion.

Congrats on your lights OP and they look great and glad to hear you have saved money by doing it yourself.
I usually dont, and Im sorry to the OP, he actually helped me with mine over PMs. He is a good guy. But I just cant stand people that sit there and lie.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:52 PM
TheOtherRob

Originally Posted by cheshirecat79
I think they should just accept payment in the form of gaming consoles only. If you include your hard drive and xbox live membership you get a free lens upgrade.

I could trade my Volks and get headlight work. Thats a better deal I think.
Old 12-08-2008, 01:55 PM
JZurita

I wonder how many posts have been reported so far

Old 12-08-2008, 01:56 PM
JZurita

Originally Posted by galant350z
^ lmao,
So did you get the deal you were promised?
Old 12-08-2008, 02:15 PM
TBDesigns
Banned

Man you guys act like little kids We offered to trade services for items cause a few people asked us about it. And it worked out for both parties. And as far as volks for light works read the post jackass I was giving cash + the headlight work. All you haters keep hating. I'm out We beat any competitors prices and thats the final word.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:18 PM
350z-Jason

Originally Posted by TBDesigns@CiNcity

To all this is my last post here.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:23 PM
TheOtherRob

Originally Posted by TBDesigns@CiNcity
Man you guys act like little kids We offered to trade services for items cause a few people asked us about it. And it worked out for both parties. And as far as volks for light works read the post jackass I was giving cash + the headlight work. All you haters keep hating. I'm out We beat any competitors prices and thats the final word.
Because that didnt sound like it came out of a 17 year olds mouth. Your such a great business owner, or web designer, or whatever you are...

Your right you do beat all your competitors prices, by adding 50% on top of what they charge.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:27 PM
Kiriller

He'll come around, offering lower prices or else hes business is goin bye bye =)

if the owner of cc makes a chart of sales, im sure after this thread n this month they will see a 90% drop in sales.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:29 PM
JZurita

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob
Because that didnt sound like it came out of a 17 year olds mouth. Your such a great business owner, or web designer, or whatever you are...

Your right you do beat all your competitors prices, by adding 50% on top of what they charge.
I'ma hook ya up bro!

We usually charge everyone $1500 to paint their lights, but I'll give you 30% off. So that's $1000 out the door, you just need to pay shipping and $499 for us to put it back together again!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:31 PM
TheOtherRob

Originally Posted by JZurita
I'ma hook ya up bro!

We usually charge everyone $1500 to paint their lights, but I'll give you 30% off. So that's $1000 out the door, you just need to pay shipping and $499 for us to put it back together again!

Send me your paypal address and Ill send payment right now!
Old 12-08-2008, 02:41 PM
_NIZMO_

Originally Posted by _NIZMO_
cincity prices FTL

....nice work man.
+1
Old 12-08-2008, 02:42 PM
JZurita

Originally Posted by TheOtherRob

Send me your paypal address and Ill send payment right now!
PMed
Old 12-08-2008, 02:44 PM
Kiriller

Originally Posted by _NIZMO_
cincity prices FTL
We need diy.
+2
Old 12-08-2008, 02:46 PM
BigD2k5

man great mod and turned out very nice. wish we could've gotten a play-by-play DIY pics. you z guys got lucky with cool projector housings.
Old 12-08-2008, 02:49 PM
JZurita

I think I'll post my convo up for a few lulz.

Enjoy

What's going on man,

My new headlights are coming in tomorrow, so they'll be heading your way very soon.

I just wanted to follow up with you just one more time on the price and also on the shipping address. But before anything, check out this post:

https://my350z.com/forum/6250011-post13.html

Now, I'm saying this with the up most respect. He was quoted $675 for the combo I want (angel eyes, paint, and demon eyes). How come I was told it would cost $1,050 for the same thing?
Originally Posted by Nic@CiNcity
Not sure? Something must have been misquoted along the way? Can you fwd me the quote you got for the $1050? so I can see. If all you wanted was the halo, paint, and demon eye, the price should not be $1050.
Originally Posted by Ryan@CiNcity
well we do have a bunch of lights at the shop. most are not usable. we buy broken lights all the time for the guts inside. if thats the route you want to go i would have to check tomorrow. you also could keep an eye out on ebay for a spare set. they go pretty cheap there.

as for the mods.... blacked out and halo for sure. the demon eye mod would look super sweet on your set up. the demon eye would be set up so that you can hook up a separate switch inside your car so you can turn them on whenever you want. its really simple.

here is what we charge everyone else:

Black out / color match ~$350
Projector LED color mod ~ $375 (Demon Eye)
Angel eye hyper white ~$325 (Halo)

Total for work not including a set of lights would be $1050. we would make it an even $500 for mod work plus if we have to ship you a set of our lights. i dont know the price of those or if we even have a set we could piece together. i will have to talk to nic about that tomorrow and see what they would be worth.

so i will keep in touch with you about the light situation and you let me know if you have any access to a spare set of lights.

Thanks
Ryan
I think Ryan just couldn't read my handwriting probably? Price for mods are $275 paint, $250 demon eye, $225 halo, $65 return shipping. I probably shouldn't have written everything down on a tissue paper and sharpie :rofl

So yea.. That should be better.
It's still different numbers from what east1999bt was quoted, but I guess won't stress it. It's just that I've already spent $750 on another pair of headlights, just so you guys can do the work. Then I run into this thread today and it kinda threw me off.

So what's my final price and what's your address?
Then he realizes I was one of the guys offered 50% sponsorship and jacks the price up again.

Well weren't we sponsoring you anyway? I think $500 was what we were going to do the work for at the discounted rate if i'm correct? That's way lower than anyone gets anything done for from me. Our prices change as the market changes and when my vendors charge more, I have to charge more. Simple. Either way, $500 shipped will take care of you :thumb

Are you ok with this?

CiNcity Designs
1706 43rd ave SE #1
Mandan ND 58554

Quick Reply: Who Says Custom Headlights Have To Be Expensive...DIYFTW