nice...
Old 04-19-2010, 12:59 PM
tribal_visionz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wow, great photoshop! Haven't seen very many like that
Old 04-19-2010, 01:56 PM
vispre

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i gotta say I am a wingless/decklid spoiler-type guy myself, and i dont think I would ever put on a 'wing', but if i had to, that Amuse would be it. I think it ties everything together very well, esp your rear diffuser. Can't wait for better shots/angles.
Old 04-19-2010, 03:12 PM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I guess I'm one of the few (or the only) who doesn't like that wing. I see the OP's point about the supports being "parallel" to the diffuser and the ends of the wing being "parallel" to the Nismo rear fins, but the rest don't seem to "flow."

To me, the opposing curvature of the wing's underside (compared to that of the car) is the main culprit. The height of the wing and the supports, with respect to length of the wing, also seem slightly unbalanced. And while the actual/visible lines of the wing resemble the lines of the car, the "odd shape and size" makes it seem more like an after-thought.

I think the other 2 wings you were looking at were much cleaner aesthetically. This is just my 2 cents on the wing, though (not the car in general).
Old 04-19-2010, 05:17 PM
litoflow

I love your car from the first time i saw it but i also disagree with the wing( just the *wing*)... There is something about the wing i just dont like. your car is too Sexy to be given such a wing style. I am also together with 3hree5ive0ero in that the wins u were prior looking at in the photoshop pics looked a lot better(my opinion) than the one u put now. I am sure u knew people will say positive/negative things. I am not trying to be negative cause i have read your whole thread but to me the *"wing"* just doesnt flow with the sexy z u have.
Old 04-19-2010, 05:59 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Wink

Yup, I knew people would have mixed feelings about this since its a very rare find. When I take shots in more different angles maybe some will change the sour face to a bitter sweet taste The photo doesn't do it justice with my setup. Ask any photography, its all about angles and lighting when capturing your subject. I've done it with other cars where you can balloon certain parts and make it "appear" to be larger than life and that's what I did with the prior photo. Also, this picture was very unbalanced in lighting and color, but I had to "try" and make the best of it while juggling against time and getting the install done.

As for the two pix I photo shopped I'll start out with the Blitz. Wayyy too simple, this low profile duck bill does not flow "especially" with the aggressive fins up front and on the back. The shape of the wing flattens the curves of my car.

The carbon GT wing was definitely dope, but it looks like a fixture on my car. As a street car, my main goal was to keep it clean and be able to stroll with my friends on cruises or take my wife out to Malibu or Beverly Hills like the wing belongs on the car; not something that looks like a completely separate piece. If I were to track my car then that's a different story.....SBC all the way!

I also played with other wings like the Vertex, Stillen, JP Aero type-B, Nismo V2, Nismo, and a few others, but nothing gave me that sting. Like I said, I'm sure I'll get mixed feelings about my choices, but that's completely normal and expected with any car.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:04 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by XM 1
what about Vertex looks clean but still aggresive IMO.....but the Amuse does def. look good too...will it be color matched the car or CF ( if it´s available not sure on that)
Believe me, I was close to keeping it simple with that wing or the Blitz, but somehow I couldn't get over how the wing tips overlap and partially cover the taillights. Plus I needed a wing that could flow with my fins.

*Edit: I just saw your last question. It is the actual wing on my car. I had it painted, and it does not come in carbon.

Originally Posted by dikspiel
i am not sure if you could call that an SBC hrmm...
.....that's because it's not.

Last edited by finalforce; 04-20-2010 at 12:13 PM.
Old 04-19-2010, 06:12 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by vispre
i gotta say I am a wingless/decklid spoiler-type guy myself, and i dont think I would ever put on a 'wing', but if i had to, that Amuse would be it. I think it ties everything together very well, esp your rear diffuser. Can't wait for better shots/angles.
Thanks, I was very hesitant to pull the trigger on this. I was not comfortable with drilling my hatch, but ever since I was little my vision of a sports car always "had" to have a wing. That's why it took me four years to finally give in...I knew my desire for a wing wouldn't stop.

I miss this look, but let's be real.....are we ever really satisfied? Seriously though, put a stamp on my exterior...it's done

Old 04-19-2010, 06:24 PM
haeshik

i like it! waiting for new pics...
Old 04-19-2010, 08:01 PM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Quite a transition, but I love the final look! Great job man.
Old 04-20-2010, 12:15 PM
finalforce

Thanks, I'm pretty much done with the exterior. It feels kind of weird not shopping around for parts or being anxious to see what's next. In a way its good for my pocket though, lol. We'll see how long this feeling lasts
Old 04-20-2010, 12:49 PM
Toby-22

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

haha when i first heard you put a wing on i thought "oh geez, another nicely done car turned bad" lol but was i wrong. That actually looks great, it compliments the more aggressive sideskirt and front end.

I personally would have left the rear diffuser black for some contrast but great none the less...A+++
Old 04-20-2010, 12:58 PM
ALO8

wierd because it is kind of the same height and style as the nismo v2 wing or v3 for that matter at a quick glance. So it flows somewhat with your kit. I would have chosen a more subtle wing though because your car does not scream "look at this fast car!" but just merely says "look at this sexy thing" and the wing just now calls out for attention. Could be wrong, waiting for more pics and different angles
Old 04-20-2010, 07:25 PM
finalforce

Originally Posted by Toby-22
haha when i first heard you put a wing on i thought "oh geez, another nicely done car turned bad" lol but was i wrong. That actually looks great, it compliments the more aggressive sideskirt and front end.

I personally would have left the rear diffuser black for some contrast but great none the less...A+++

Man it was soooo hesitant to do it, but I knew it would keep bugging me so I did my homework and put in the time to mix and match wings with photo shop. At first I liked my rear with a somewhat two tone look, but Interlagos Fire is such a beautiful color, I had to match everything + I wanted the bumper to look almost like a one piece

Originally Posted by xxxlino
wierd because it is kind of the same height and style as the nismo v2 wing or v3 for that matter at a quick glance. So it flows somewhat with your kit. I would have chosen a more subtle wing though because your car does not scream "look at this fast car!" but just merely says "look at this sexy thing" and the wing just now calls out for attention. Could be wrong, waiting for more pics and different angles

I like how you put it
Old 04-20-2010, 07:38 PM
finalforce

I was thinking of getting some new wheels, but after looking at some pix of my SSR's I'm not ready to move on to something else

My Nismo mats are finally in! I bought it a month and a half ago, but forgot about putting them in.

Old 04-20-2010, 08:40 PM
*ICE*

nice! how much was the mats? i'm planning to get some too later on!
Old 04-20-2010, 08:48 PM
johzp

O man!! Only your car can pull of a wing like that! Way to be unique and once again changing my thoughts on that wing (never like it) But you're right it flows with the car better then the subtle wings/lips. I can't wait to see it in person!

Haha, I have yet to put in my nismo mats...been sitting in my room foreeevvverrrr
Old 04-20-2010, 09:03 PM
finalforce

Hahaha, I knew I'm not the only one procrastinating. BTW I bought it for less than $60, but it was a local pickup so no S&H.
Old 04-20-2010, 10:06 PM
Royal_T

Received 14 Likes on 9 Posts

Nice, I really like those carpets...
Old 04-26-2010, 10:29 PM
JZ33

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

you have inspired me and i FINALLY know exactly what i want to do with my Z.... THANK YOU!!! (dont worry im not going to copy you lol)

Quick Reply: finalforce's JDM Interlagos Fire