Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

finalforce's JDM Interlagos Fire

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 05:27 PM
finalforce

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Cool, good rule of thumb! I'm going to measure the allowance left and see if its enough.
Old 02-22-2011, 04:28 AM
VQ35deMax

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

imo 5mm is the biggest spacer to use on stock studs. Why not get H&R spacers and use their studs? Or buy nismo studs which are either 50mm or 60mm and use any spacer of your choice?
Old 02-22-2011, 08:16 AM
lgear080

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^ i agree with the above... stock studs are not for spacers in general.

i'm surprised you never went with the ext. nismo studs anyways.

on a different note... the wheels - i think your concept is good and obv you've got
great taste in general, however i do believe these wheels don't make your car pop
as hard as the ssr's.

having experienced a number of different setups i can say that boredom really does
drive the process of change. my meister's were great, but i wanted the te's, and then
i got sick of those and went with some type-f's... lately i've been feeling yadayadayada.

$10k worth of wheels later i realize that the wheels are nothing more than shoes
for my lady

when you get bored of the gtf's something else equally sick will come along...
i.e. those new volk g10's or some wicked jlines (or maybe just maybe i'll finally
be able to cop a set of gulfflames like i've really always wanted).

my rant is meant to demonstrate that your ride is evolving and will always be
top of the class regardless of what shoes she shows up to the dance with.
Old 02-22-2011, 10:17 AM
finalforce

Thanks for the kinds words everyone. And yes you are right, boredom or rather the desire for change is what forever drives us to shop I think I will try to keep these and rather than sell them, get a second set (18" monoblocks) and switch them out every so often. We'll see, sometimes that doesn't work out either, lol.

Originally Posted by brandon3434
Bro, your z is insanely clean! Makes me wanna clean mine...even in this crappy Ohio weather...
I've probably only washed my car five or six times since I bought her brand new and that's mostly just because I just wanted to give her a scrub. Cali weather FTW

Originally Posted by kno
This z is prob clean to the molecular level lol
Not that clean, but she still smells brand new inside
Old 02-22-2011, 10:20 AM
KingBaby
Hardest Setting

Received 130 Likes on 102 Posts

more pics...
Old 02-22-2011, 11:36 AM
kno

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts

Originally Posted by finalforce
Thanks for the kinds words everyone. And yes you are right, boredom or rather the desire for change is what forever drives us to shop I think I will try to keep these and rather than sell them, get a second set (18" monoblocks) and switch them out every so often. We'll see, sometimes that doesn't work out either, lol.

I've probably only washed my car five or six times since I bought her brand new and that's mostly just because I just wanted to give her a scrub. Cali weather FTW

Not that clean, but she still smells brand new inside
my car smelled like new for two years, i never used chemicals to clean the inside and i always closed my a/c vents after using my car everyday.
Old 02-22-2011, 11:51 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

I know this is a show car and all, but there's quite a good number of people breaking their Nismo studs. I recommend ARP, if you're going to switch out studs.
Old 02-22-2011, 02:19 PM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

LOL, I just don't wash my z in the winter...Even if I drove it, there would be no point because it would just get dirty again. During spring/summer/fall I wash my z every Sunday if I can...Gotta have that special z bonding time...
Old 02-24-2011, 08:24 AM
finalforce

^ That's one of the things I like about SoCal -> weather. However it rained a couple days this week and this weekend will be raining too. I wouldn't wash any of my cars either if I knew it was going to rain.

Originally Posted by KingBaby
more pics...
I should have some up by lunch time.
Old 02-24-2011, 08:30 AM
brandon3434

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

^^^HAHA, I actually put my car in the rain all day yesterday to wash it off...It had salt all over it...Stupid Ohio weather...

You get you're spacers/lugs yet?
Old 02-24-2011, 08:44 AM
finalforce

^ It should be in tomorrow

Originally Posted by kno
my car smelled like new for two years, i never used chemicals to clean the inside and i always closed my a/c vents after using my car everyday.
I actually never thought about closing my a/c vents. When I drive my windows are always up plus I never leave my car out in the sun. I wonder if that prolongs the new smell, but its worked for five years already

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I know this is a show car and all, but there's quite a good number of people breaking their Nismo studs. I recommend ARP, if you're going to switch out studs.
I actually bought the Ichiba V1's which I've been getting nothing but good feedback about. BTW, I did a search and found your DIY stud replacement thread. Good stuff but I wanted to ask you if you turned the adjuster to loosen the parking break or did you just pound on the rotor hat with a mallet to loosen your discs? Isn't it bad to touch the adjusters since its pretty much impossible to re-align? To get two screw drivers in that hole, one to hold down the stopper and the other to adjust the star is going to be a pain.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:16 AM
kno

Received 121 Likes on 88 Posts

it worked for me because it keeps the humidity out, specially here in florida its 100% 3/4 of the year .
Old 02-24-2011, 09:29 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Originally Posted by finalforce
I actually bought the Ichiba V1's which I've been getting nothing but good feedback about. BTW, I did a search and found your DIY stud replacement thread. Good stuff but I wanted to ask you if you turned the adjuster to loosen the parking break or did you just pound on the rotor hat with a mallet to loosen your discs? Isn't it bad to touch the adjusters since its pretty much impossible to re-align? To get two screw drivers in that hole, one to hold down the stopper and the other to adjust the star is going to be a pain.
Glad you went with the hub centric spacers - definitely gives you a peace of mind.

I didn't touch the parking brake stuff at all because I didn't want to have to deal with messing with it later on. I just made sure it wasn't engaged.
Old 02-24-2011, 09:37 AM
finalforce

^ That's good, I didn't want to mess with it either. I just picked up some PB Blaster so I'm gonna start to dismantle my brakes and studs tonight that way tomorrow I can just pop those studs in and put everything back together.

BTW, did you experience any difficulty with the adjuster impeding on the rotor removal? I'm looking to just bang on the rotor hat with a mallet to loosen it up. Hopefully that does the trick.

Originally Posted by kno
it worked for me because it keeps the humidity out, specially here in florida its 100% 3/4 of the year .
Oh definitely. I own time shares in Orlando and I vacation out there pretty often. I did a couple Caribbean cruises and the first thing that comes to my mind when I think about it is the humidity. It gets so humid sometimes I feel like I'm going to faint. Other than that I always have a good time in Florida, especially Fort Lauderdale
Old 02-24-2011, 10:22 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

^ To be honest, I don't really remember. It's been a while.

BTW, depending on how long your new studs are, it may or may not have enough clearance to fit through without taking the hub apart. I know a few people told me their studs were too long so they had to dismantle a few more things.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:27 PM
finalforce

I actually just got back in from my garage. I'm off today so I took my time. I switched the 5mm spacer on the rears and moved them up front where they replaced the 3mm. Everything went rather smooth and I didn't have any problems. The rotors slid off like butter after a few taps with my mallet. PB Blaster played a big role though and made the job that much easier. It was actually fun to have all the right tools and not having a glitch. I will post up some new pix of the install later today.

As for the studs, I went with a 10mm and a lot of people here were telling me its not long enough to where it won't fit inside the insert. I'm glad I won't have to take off the spindle so tomorrow when my studs and spacers arrive putting everything back together will be a breeze.
Old 02-24-2011, 12:44 PM
finalforce

Here's another garage scene pic. The rear wheels look huge here. For this shot I moved my car about five feet back from where it usually sits.

Here's a side shot zoomed out. The long nose bumper and rear diffuser add five inches in length to my car (yes I actually measured it ).
Old 02-24-2011, 05:45 PM
07_z33

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

2nd shot is full of win. Super nice Z OP.
Old 02-26-2011, 09:16 AM
finalforce

H. spacers were supposed to arrive yesterday

.....hoping they come in today. My car is just waiting

Old 02-26-2011, 09:25 AM
0jiggy0

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

Gorgeous car man.

Quick Reply: finalforce's JDM Interlagos Fire