Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Another example of ricers putting "stickers" on Rota Wheels

Search this Thread

Old 03-18-2009, 10:24 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Volk350Z is unbanned and USN HM 350Z hates traitors and quits...

For the record Wheeldude I think was the one out of line.

Maturity levels are at an all time low...
Old 03-18-2009, 10:25 AM
Mike Wazowski
350Z-holic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Cali-Darkness

Volk350Z is unbanned and USN HM 350Z hates traitors and quits...

I unbanned him and yes I quit.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:29 AM
Cali-Darkness
Super Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Sorry to hear you quit...
Old 03-18-2009, 10:31 AM
KornerCarver

Received 171 Likes on 76 Posts

I don't understand the "emotion" in this thread. There are only so many ways to design a wheel and there are bound to be similarities in looks. Back in the day, the most popular wheel around was the American Racing Torque Thrust. It wasn't long before Ansen had their version, and ET had their version. Did it really matter? Nope, not a bit. Cragar SS wheels seemed to have many copies as well. I don't recall people getting so upset. Lets face it, wheels are wheels and if we like the quality and looks of a certain wheel, why all the criticism? Just buy what you like and don't criticize others for their wheel choice. I don't have either Rota or Volks wheels so don't really have an opinion on the quality of either. I do know Rota wheels are less expensive than Volks and they do look very nice. I'm not so sure a Volks is a lot stronger..........I believe the rim is cast and only the center section is forged. The rim is the part that takes most of the damage from hitting pot holes or various other objects.

Let's just chill out and let everyone enjoy their wheels.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:34 AM
Volk350Z
Master

Originally Posted by buzzardmountain
D@mn......Brian is banned.... :-(

WTH?
Thanks for caring lol!!!
Old 03-18-2009, 10:44 AM
samjcg

unnecessary talks again.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:46 AM
JSDZ33

so much fail in one thread...
Old 03-18-2009, 10:47 AM
madpanda

Wow B first time I've ever witnessed profanity from you, I think hell just froze over lol.
But welcome back from your 1 day absence.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:50 AM
Spork

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by USN HM 350Z
I unbanned him and yes I quit.
Whoa whoa wait... what do you mean you quit?
Old 03-18-2009, 10:56 AM
IIQuickSilverII

Received 215 Likes on 184 Posts

Last edited by IIQuickSilverII; 03-18-2009 at 11:01 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 10:59 AM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Oh wow...

It's one thing to have a shirt with a fake polo logo or whatever.
But having a wrecked wheel with a decal on it is something else.

It's like having a handgun ("Saturday night special") blow up in someone's face. But hey...it has a "Glock" sticker on it, and looks like a Glock. We expect Glock owners and dealers not to be pissed?

When something resembles another product, whatever...buyer beware.
But to pass it off with trademarks and all? That really hurts the integrity of the original product.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:06 AM
Nitrouz
Back to Z

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

thanks for keeping everyone (mods) in check Cheston. But seriously...first time I see B pissed like this. I would have let 'er rip a long time ago if I was being called out by wheeldude like that lol... I think wheeldude presented himself rather well here though, aside from posting IP addresses. That was way too low. Volk350z is one of the nicest people I know.

Mods need to keep "emotions" out of threads...some posts here were very biased and unprofessional. And if I remember correctly, posting IP addresses and personal information is against the TOU, and deserves immediate banishment. Hm.........

Thank god I'm not here most of the time anymore...

Last edited by Nitrouz; 03-18-2009 at 11:15 AM.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:21 AM
ZU L8R
Viper Sellout

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

posts w/ IP addy's have been removed
Old 03-18-2009, 11:23 AM
Anomaly

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by jinsei888

Rickdogg: Since you have the updated story, it would be an ethical thing to do to update your original post (if you can) with the background story.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:24 AM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

who really cares? posers will be posers.

+1 about the Foakleys mentioned on page 1, I remember that **** in the 90s. I remember tshirt stands being all over the place selling fake higher tier brand shirts too.

why should it bother volks owners? you have the real deal, something of higher quality and price.

it's silly to want to fake something, but it's silly to get butt hurt over someone faking something as materialistic as a brand too.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:38 AM
35oZephyR

Originally Posted by Entaille
who really cares? posers will be posers.

+1 about the Foakleys mentioned on page 1, I remember that **** in the 90s. I remember tshirt stands being all over the place selling fake higher tier brand shirts too.

why should it bother volks owners? you have the real deal, something of higher quality and price.

it's silly to want to fake something, but it's silly to get butt hurt over someone faking something as materialistic as a brand too.

Because no one cares about a t-shirt's structural integrity. I'm not saying rotas are weak, but you have to draw the line somewhere for other "up and coming no names."

You have enough knock-off Volks out there, it hurts resale value.
One day the knock-offs will seriously be uncanny and what does it say about a brand if the knock-off fails? You have to draw the line somewhere.
Old 03-18-2009, 11:44 AM
Stogge

People can have whatever they want on their cars, if it makes them happy... Some of you people are funny to really think that people really care what you have to say about their wheels... Personally, I don't have Volks or Rota's, but really don't care about people who have one or the other... Furthermore, the majority of the banter in this thread is bordering on anti-social behavior... "Your only cool if you put stickers on this, don't put stickers on that, only rock these wheels" WHO REALLY GIVES A ****! It is quite humorous...

The guy who is this defined by wheels on a car is obviously facing shortcomes in other areas...
Old 03-18-2009, 11:46 AM
Stogge

P.s "Knock-offs" have been happening since the beginning of time... If something works, you emulate it (well smart entrepreneurs do anyway), it is not rocket science... Have you ever heard of the term " Reverse-Engineering"? Get a clue, there are some serious dopes here, wake up...
Old 03-18-2009, 11:48 AM
Stogge

Originally Posted by Anomaly

Rickdogg: Since you have the updated story, it would be an ethical thing to do to update your original post (if you can) with the background story.
It would kill his purpose...
Old 03-18-2009, 11:54 AM
Motormouth
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Rickdogg
Everyone as an end user has every right to purchase whatever they want. However, the fact of the matter is heat from people naturally come if people see some "wrong" in a situation. Just imagine what type of posts we would witness if we had a vendor on here selling fake Louis Vuitton wallets/bags. It wouldn't be pretty and for damn good reasons. Just because the particular item goes on our cars does not make it right or any different, but like I said...that is another matter altogether and is just my opinion. Refer to my earlier post in this thread regarding this very subject. There was nothing but crickets chirping once I made that same post in the other Rota thread when someone had no logical clue on why people bust his ballz. It's not rocket science. I was just clearly stating facts and evidence without referencing durability and all of that mumbo jumbo.
Yeah, you can have a fake rolex that looks and works as good as the real thing. but someone still STOLE the intellectual property hence why it is illegal. I personally think Rota makes a decent, durable rim. that is not my problem with them.

The letter of law probably allows everything up to branding it as the original. Doesn't mean it is right.

And any of you bitching about Rota knocking off someone else's design better not have any Seibon parts, shineauto bodykits, VIS, topspeed parts, strup headers, no name plenum spacers, fake HKS exhausts, etc etc etc before you cast stones at Rota.

Rickdogg brings up a great point when someone defended the Rota distributor as 'losing business'... you cannot guess at how many sales are funneled from shops and brands that created the property they co-opted. THAT is the truest loss of business you need to defend first. Sure, Rota probably sells alot to people who would never dream of paying 3k for a set of rims, but like I said, you cannot quantify the customers who decided to save their money by buying the knock off. Even rich people rock knock off Prada bags sometimes. Since you cannot know the stats, you have to assume the sales loss is great and you cannot condone Rota's business practices.

Unless of course they are licensing the designs from Volk or whoever (this is honestly possible). if they bought the mold rights from them, then more power to them. I doubt Volk or any other name brand manufacturer will ever fess up though as their dealers would be pretty pissed off if that came out.

Last edited by Motormouth; 03-18-2009 at 12:05 PM.

Quick Reply: Another example of ricers putting "stickers" on Rota Wheels