Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

MY Z IS TOTALED! Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-03-2009 | 05:42 AM
jeff91ta

hit while parked FTL....

Maybe this guy was a bro because you know that bros will always drive drunk (#23):

http://www.broslikethissite.com/sear...&max-results=2
Old 08-03-2009 | 06:54 AM
Fairlady.4u2nv

Originally Posted by WTFUMEAN
That accident will only go on your record if you file a police report. It wont go on if you just call the insurance company. Trust me, ive been into 2 accidents where i hit a gaurd rail and a highway concrete barrier. I never call the cops and it never ended up on the record. Clearness FTW
WOW! That's probably the best news I've heard yet. Still waiting to hear from his insurance company on when to meet them to check out the car, but if it gets marked as need for repair, I'll be doing this, and don't worry, I won't sell it to anyone on my350z, I'll sell it to some doucher who doesn't know crap about the car lol
Old 08-03-2009 | 06:55 AM
Highway Riding

Man that sucks.... GL with whatever happens bro..
Old 08-03-2009 | 06:57 AM
Fairlady.4u2nv

Originally Posted by jeff91ta
hit while parked FTL....

Maybe this guy was a bro because you know that bros will always drive drunk (#23):

http://www.broslikethissite.com/sear...&max-results=2
HAHAHA THAT'S PRICELESS! The funny thing is, is that the father of the guy who hit my car is an attorney haha and he is a total bro
Old 08-03-2009 | 08:26 AM
Armitage
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by WTFUMEAN
That accident will only go on your record if you file a police report. It wont go on if you just call the insurance company. Trust me, ive been into 2 accidents where i hit a gaurd rail and a highway concrete barrier. I never call the cops and it never ended up on the record. Clearness FTW
It wouldn't matter anyway unless his state is a No Fault state. He was not in the car at the time of the accident so I don't believe it would go under a Collision loss, so as a Comprehensive, it wouldn't inadvertently affect his standing with the insurance company anyway.
Old 08-03-2009 | 08:33 AM
jeff91ta

Originally Posted by Fairlady.4u2nv
HAHAHA THAT'S PRICELESS! The funny thing is, is that the father of the guy who hit my car is an attorney haha and he is a total bro
Good Stuff, just trying to lighten the mood... and that site always makes me laugh.
Old 08-03-2009 | 08:44 AM
cwest350

Originally Posted by Armitage
It wouldn't matter anyway unless his state is a No Fault state. He was not in the car at the time of the accident so I don't believe it would go under a Collision loss, so as a Comprehensive, it wouldn't inadvertently affect his standing with the insurance company anyway.
unfortunately incorrect.

hit while parked are NF incidents(not comps) and do count towards eligibility for insurance.

sorry OP...

Last edited by cwest350; 08-03-2009 at 08:46 AM.
Old 08-03-2009 | 08:51 AM
jeff91ta

My other car was recently hit while parked on the street and his insurance was responsible for the entire amount including the price of a rental car while mine was in the shop. My car also has absolutely no collision coverage on it either; and I'm in a "no fault" state.
Old 08-03-2009 | 09:06 AM
Fairlady.4u2nv

Originally Posted by jeff91ta
My other car was recently hit while parked on the street and his insurance was responsible for the entire amount including the price of a rental car while mine was in the shop. My car also has absolutely no collision coverage on it either; and I'm in a "no fault" state.
what exactly is a "no fault" state? just that you weren't a part of the accident so nothing is ur fault? or is there something more to it? The other guys insurance is also gonna pay for my rental car and all that stuff so I should be picking one up this afternoon. I dunno if I have collision coverage on my car through my insurance, my dad just told me we have a $2000 deductible if I were the cause of an accident and something happened to my car.
Old 08-03-2009 | 09:14 AM
jeff91ta

I think this is correct.... a "no fault" insurance state does not place blame on either of the driver's for payment purposes (except deductible). The owner's insurance will cover the damage on only his car whether or not he was the cause of the accident. If the police report shows the accident was caused by one of the drivers then that driver's insurance would also have to cover the deductible on the other car.

Cliff Notes: Get in an accident and your coverages pays only for you no matter who was at fault. If you have no collision on your car and you got rear-ended by an a$$hat then you're screwed... his insurance is not required to fix your car.
Old 08-03-2009 | 10:53 AM
quakerroatmeal

Do you not pay for your insurance, need more information on what kind of insurance you have. 2000$ deductible is the highest deductible I've ever heard of.
Old 08-03-2009 | 11:15 AM
Fairlady.4u2nv

my dad pays for the insurance for my Z and his Z, he had the deductible set up high so that the payments per 6 months will be real cheap, hes 63 now and never had an accident yet (knock on wood) so the payments are real cheap, if I put it under my name, the insurance will sky rocket lol and the insurance is State Farm.
Old 08-03-2009 | 11:37 AM
Done Deal DR

my dad pays for the insurance for my Z and his Z, he had the deductible set up high so that the payments per 6 months will be real cheap, hes 63 now and never had an accident yet (knock on wood) so the payments are real cheap, if I put it under my name, the insurance will sky rocket lol and the insurance is State Farm.
I didn't even know they did $2,000 deductibles.

When you meeting the appraiser?
Old 08-03-2009 | 11:50 AM
Fairlady.4u2nv

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
I didn't even know they did $2,000 deductibles.

When you meeting the appraiser?
Supposed to meet with him tonight, I'm just waiting for the call from him. I just want a Z already! lol
Old 08-03-2009 | 12:16 PM
Jun
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Your toe is a little off...
Old 08-03-2009 | 01:02 PM
Armitage
350Z-holic
Premier Member

Originally Posted by cwest350
unfortunately incorrect.

hit while parked are NF incidents(not comps) and do count towards eligibility for insurance.

sorry OP...
Maybe so, but if he's not in the car, they can't raise his rates because someone else swiped him.

what exactly is a "no fault" state? just that you weren't a part of the accident so nothing is ur fault? or is there something more to it? The other guys insurance is also gonna pay for my rental car and all that stuff so I should be picking one up this afternoon. I dunno if I have collision coverage on my car through my insurance, my dad just told me we have a $2000 deductible if I were the cause of an accident and something happened to my car.
From Wiki:

"The term no-fault is most commonly used in the context of state/provincial automobile insurance laws in the United States, Canada, and Australia, in which a policyholder (and his/her passengers) are not only reimbursed by the policyholder’s own insurance company without proof of fault, but also restricted in the right to seek recovery through the civil-justice system for losses caused by other parties."

So essentially, if someone else causes you to be in an accident, you are covered by your own company, but you will be restricted in how much you can collect in a lawsuit against the other party as they were "not at fault" outside of the immediate reimbursement.

If your car is financed or leased, I believe you are required by the bank providing the loan to have full coverage on the car. If you bought the car outright, well, that is silly not to have coverage. However, if you have a $2k deductible, sounds like your covered.

Besides, sounds like the other guys insurance is going to cover everything.
Old 08-03-2009 | 01:35 PM
Done Deal DR

Originally Posted by Jun
I couldn't help but LOL
Old 08-03-2009 | 01:55 PM
BarefootRacer

Wow bummer for sure man. I would be really surprised if they totaled it though, but for your troubles lets hope they do!!
Old 08-03-2009 | 02:25 PM
Fairlady.4u2nv

Originally Posted by Jun
haha that made me laugh lmao

and as for the damage assessment, the guy just called me and we are gonna meet up on thursday morning to look at the car, I explained to him how my car was supposed to be shipped out to arizona on the 12th and that I already have a deposit down for that and that I'm gonna be leaving on the 18th, then we went on to say, if it is even repairable, itll take 3-4 weeks if not more, so he said as of right now, its looking like they will mark it as a total because of the limited time they have, but its not official yet so hopefully it will be on thursday so I can pick up either this z, g, or g sedan that supercharged that i've been looking at

edit: i also told him how much my rims cost and how they are each custom made and that takes a long time to order so he was really surprised by that, but im pretty sure for that, they would just gimme the money to order myself

Last edited by Fairlady.4u2nv; 08-03-2009 at 02:26 PM.
Old 08-03-2009 | 04:58 PM
deezz

haha that made me laugh lmao

and as for the damage assessment, the guy just called me and we are gonna meet up on thursday morning to look at the car, I explained to him how my car was supposed to be shipped out to arizona on the 12th and that I already have a deposit down for that and that I'm gonna be leaving on the 18th, then we went on to say, if it is even repairable, itll take 3-4 weeks if not more, so he said as of right now, its looking like they will mark it as a total because of the limited time they have, but its not official yet so hopefully it will be on thursday so I can pick up either this z, g, or g sedan that supercharged that i've been looking at

edit: i also told him how much my rims cost and how they are each custom made and that takes a long time to order so he was really surprised by that, but im pretty sure for that, they would just gimme the money to order myself
Did you list these with your insurance carrier? They may only give you money for stock wheels.

Quick Reply: MY Z IS TOTALED! Pics inside