Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

MY Z IS TOTALED! Pics inside

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2009, 06:13 PM
warmmilk

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by deezz
Did you list these with your insurance carrier? They may only give you money for stock wheels.
insurance companies typically treat you better when you're not their customer, so being that he's dealing with the guys insurance that hit him, and not his own, he has a much better chance of recouping his costs.

i've been on both sides of the fence (had to deal with my moms insurance when she got into an accident last year), and dealing with the other parties insurance is MUCH more pleasant than dealing with your own...
Old 08-04-2009, 09:03 PM
Fairlady.4u2nv

Originally Posted by warmmilk
insurance companies typically treat you better when you're not their customer, so being that he's dealing with the guys insurance that hit him, and not his own, he has a much better chance of recouping his costs.

i've been on both sides of the fence (had to deal with my moms insurance when she got into an accident last year), and dealing with the other parties insurance is MUCH more pleasant than dealing with your own...
so far i would definitely agree with u. the other guys insurance has been kissing my *** and giving me anything I ask for so far including raising the limit for my rental car.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:26 AM
deezz

Originally Posted by warmmilk

I would agree 100% with you. I just had an accident where I was rear ended and my insurance company has been downright confrontational on some issues.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:41 AM
Fairlady.4u2nv

I would agree 100% with you. I just had an accident where I was rear ended and my insurance company has been downright confrontational on some issues.
What happened with your situation?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:35 AM
aldog1330

Damn dude, that sucks. He must have hit you pretty hard to do that much damage to the rim. Hopefully it will get all cleared up for you before you head back to Arizona.
Old 08-05-2009, 09:57 AM
Done Deal DR

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Any update?
Old 08-05-2009, 09:58 AM
DmanG281

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The other parties insurance carrier will generally cater to most of your requests. Since you have witnesses to the collision they are trying to avoid a lawsuit. Unfortunately my insurance company is in the middle of being sued by a guy that I hit in an accident over a year ago(wife's car), I had a very sick pet cat in the car that I was rushing to the animal hospital.

Its cheaper for them to concede some things now than it is to go through the litigation process. Talking with the adjuster that is dealing with my case you'd be surprised just how many people sue after a collision and how easily the insurance companies settle.
Old 08-05-2009, 11:57 AM
Chef-J
Booooosstt!!

damm CCW's....
Old 08-05-2009, 12:04 PM
Fairlady.4u2nv

Originally Posted by Done Deal DR
Any update?
no update really, I'm meeting with the assessment guy tomorrow, im gonna beg and plead for it as a total haha especially since I've gotten myself worked up for a new Z for cheap so I can go apesh*t on it. I am going tomorrow to the shop to remove my plenum spacer and test pipes after the assessment guy looks at my car so that if it is a total, i can transfer those to the next car. That's about it for now
Old 08-05-2009, 06:07 PM
deezz

Originally Posted by Fairlady.4u2nv
What happened with your situation?
Issues with the car rental. The person the rear ended me didn't have insurance and was drunk off his ***. You would think they would have some consideration. They wanted me to wait until they looked over my car and had an estimate. They were taking forever to get this done, so I rented a car and my insurance adjuster flipped out. How the hell was I supposed to get around?
It took 10 days before they accepted billing of the rental. I guess I was suppose to catch the bus until they figured the ish out.
Old 08-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Fairlady.4u2nv

Issues with the car rental. The person the rear ended me didn't have insurance and was drunk off his ***. You would think they would have some consideration. They wanted me to wait until they looked over my car and had an estimate. They were taking forever to get this done, so I rented a car and my insurance adjuster flipped out. How the hell was I supposed to get around?
It took 10 days before they accepted billing of the rental. I guess I was suppose to catch the bus until they figured the ish out.
dude that sucks, hope everything ended well in the end
Old 08-05-2009, 06:51 PM
Squirrel82

Subscribed.
Old 08-05-2009, 07:06 PM
mestisoZ

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

dang sorry to see that but. . seriouslly i know someone who can fix that rim.
Old 08-05-2009, 08:56 PM
surfer05rdr

that does suck... any updates yet
Old 08-06-2009, 09:50 AM
Fairlady.4u2nv

I was just at the shop with the assessment guy and was giving him receipts and stuff for the wheels and tires and other smaller mods I have, he's doing an estimate and will call us once hes done in about 45 mins. ill let you guys know what happens then. wish me luck
Old 08-06-2009, 10:37 AM
deezz

Originally Posted by Fairlady.4u2nv
I was just at the shop with the assessment guy and was giving him receipts and stuff for the wheels and tires and other smaller mods I have, he's doing an estimate and will call us once hes done in about 45 mins. ill let you guys know what happens then. wish me luck
Cool. Hopefully you get what you want out of it.
Old 08-06-2009, 12:00 PM
Fairlady.4u2nv

ITS'S TOTALLLEDDDD!! Just got back from the shop, the car was marked as a total. There was $11,XXX worth of damage excluding the price of replacing the wheels for another $3500 so they decided to just write a check. They offered us $16,950 without my wheels on it, so I get to take back 3 good wheels but one unusable one. But we told him that wasn't enough so he's talking to his boss to try and get us another $2,000 added to the payout because I told him my car was worth $19,225 suggested retail on KBB and $18,850 on Edmunds, while he used NADA that told him it was worth $16,950 and I convinced him that if two bigger sources pretty much agree on a set worth for my car, and one doesn't, what makes that ONE right and the others not and he agreed so he's talking to the boss right now to see if we can get close to $19,000 for my car.
TIME FOR A NEW 350Z!
Old 08-06-2009, 12:07 PM
Entaille

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

that is good news.

good luck and getting more for it.
Old 08-06-2009, 01:52 PM
surfer05rdr

man thats great news... Did you owe anything on your Z that you will have to pay off??? im going to start parking mine on the street now so i can get a new Z haha
Old 08-06-2009, 06:41 PM
M3ANMACHINE

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Awesome news!!! G/L

Quick Reply: MY Z IS TOTALED! Pics inside