Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Feelin' sad for you Easterners..

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2003, 02:41 AM
rummya87

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by MSOsr
Thanks....my youngest child goes to Kenny. What color is your car?
i dont have one yet ... i'm still shopping around for the best price, btw, where did you get yours??? and how much was it?
Old 10-24-2003, 03:53 AM
AndyB

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Store the Z

Store the Z? Why ?

I am gonna drive my Z all Winter. The only time I am going to leave it home is for bad weather like snow. (For snow I got a Durango 4X4).

With the touring leather heated seats and automatic climate control the Z seems to be doing fine in cold weather.

You just gotta go easy for a few miles until the tires warm up a bit.
Old 10-30-2003, 09:43 PM
Jsn350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hm, last time I went to my cabin, it was 128 degrees out, while death valley was 129. Was on the news as the second hottest place in the world at the time. BTW this is near Mt. Shasta, just outside od Redding, in a town called French Gulch, also near Whisky Town Lake.
Old 10-31-2003, 10:40 AM
RoadRagerInTherapy

Screw the weather...

What camera are you using to take those pics???

The color saturation is incredible!
Old 10-31-2003, 11:47 AM
JimH

Default Camera

Not sure if you are asking about my cameras or someone else on this thread, but I shoot the Olympus line. Specifically, the E-10 (my favorite) and the E-20. They are 4 and 5 megapixel SLR digital cameras. Regards, Jim

Originally posted by RoadRagerInTherapy
Screw the weather...

What camera are you using to take those pics???

The color saturation is incredible!
Attached Thumbnails Feelin' sad for you Easterners..-215325small2.jpg  
Old 10-31-2003, 11:50 AM
JimH

I must admit that the Arizona sun light has a lot to do with the impact these photographs offer, to say nothing about the Le Mans Sunset paint responding so well to the type of light we work in out here! Regards, Jim
Old 10-31-2003, 01:55 PM
jackwhale

I was going to ask about the photograph specifics also. It almost looks as the photo was air-brushed or some other darkroom technique. I know that it is digital but...

I showed your picture to a friend of mine who resembles you in the smaller picture. His wife thought it was him also. A lot of explaining to do--where did you go last weekend? and that sort of stuff.
Old 10-31-2003, 03:48 PM
backagain

Default Re: Not ALL Easterners!

Originally posted by JimH
Westpak, Yup, you are absolutely right. I painted with too wide a brush when I said easterners in my original post. I should have known better because my daughter lives in Ft. Walton Beach, Fla. and I was there in my Z last April. What I should have said was north easterners.
That's a great looking group of Z cars there! Regards, Jim
hey, i live in desin fl and work in ft walton, i work for alltel in beal parkway, small world isn't it.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:00 PM
JimH

Default Photo's and etc.

jackwhale, (interesting name) LOL, no, no airbrushing on these. Those days (film) are long gone for me, thank goodness!

I have been a photographer for a lot of years and somewhere along the line I began to learn how to use light. Along comes the digital age and now I begin again to learn how to use digital to improve on what is already there. No cut n paste or other outright skullduggery, just great light, great backdrops, great car and a great paint color and hopefully, it all comes together and makes others happy.

Hmmm, somebody looks like me? Yikes, doppleganger! My wife sez there is no one like me so I don't know what to tell your friends wife... Regards, Jim

Originally posted by jackwhale
I was going to ask about the photograph specifics also. It almost looks as the photo was air-brushed or some other darkroom technique. I know that it is digital but...

I showed your picture to a friend of mine who resembles you in the smaller picture. His wife thought it was him also. A lot of explaining to do--where did you go last weekend? and that sort of stuff.
Old 10-31-2003, 09:03 PM
JimH

Default Re: Re: Not ALL Easterners!

Originally posted by backagain
hey, i live in desin fl and work in ft walton, i work for alltel in beal parkway, small world isn't it.
I was in Ft. Walton in my Z in April. Sorry I missed you tho I did get to meet a couple of other Z pilots around Ft. Walton while I was there. Regards, Jim
Old 11-01-2003, 07:11 AM
Azn03Z

wow...lot of miles jim..

but keep it rolling hehe, you're probably the first to have that many miles on the z so far :P
Old 11-01-2003, 12:08 PM
JimH

Default Most miles?

Originally posted by Azn03Z
wow...lot of miles jim..

but keep it rolling hehe, you're probably the first to have that many miles on the z so far :P
Yes, you are right, Marilyn has run a lot of miles in this past year! Rolling on towards 43,000 this week
By the poles on this site and others, I probably do have the most miles on the 350 Z in the first year. Another (dubious) record I may hold is that not only have I put the most miles on in this first year, but I am (I think) the oldest owner/driver @ 64 of the 350 on these boards
But, I don't worry about the small stuff. Me N' Marilyn just keep rollin' along, enjoying every minute.
Interesting, I think this car, Marilyn, has given me more enjoyment than any car I have ever owned. And the list includes my very first car, a 53' Mercury and my biggest engined car (Chrysler 300F w/413 wedge) and the odd Corvette and others thrown in along the way. I think I'll keep her! Regards, Jim
Attached Thumbnails Feelin' sad for you Easterners..-arizona-grille.jpg  
Old 11-05-2003, 01:04 PM
2Fishy4U

Thumbs down

You may have a point but some of the very early comments on the Z from our Canadian Friends indicated the car handled well in snow.

I guess I will find out this winter living in Wisconsin.

On my end the bottom line is keep the car clean and never drive when the roads are salted.
Old 11-05-2003, 01:12 PM
2Fishy4U

Jim,

one other comment; I am approaching 60 and asked on another board for positivie comments about the Z from us older folks. The response was tremendous, but I will say your photos are better then any of us, and you have probably recorded more miles.

With that said, when did you buy the car and have you had any serious problems with it.

I have not, but sometimes feel in the minority because of tire feathering and numerous other issues.

Perhaps this is the wrong board to address this on, but I assume you will read this.

My E Mail address is speedce@aol.com and my license plate number is SpeedyZ.