Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Pic request- Chargespeed Bottomline sides with VeilSide or Mines front lip

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2013, 03:17 AM
sry110

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts
Default Pic request- Chargespeed Bottomline sides with VeilSide or Mines front lip

As the title suggests, I'm looking for any pictures of 350z's with both the Chargespeed Bottomline sides as well as the VeilSide v1 or Mines front lip. Specifically I'm curious to see how far, if any, the Bottomline sides hang lower than the front lip. Thanks in advance...
Old 11-06-2013, 06:56 AM
sry110

Slacking off at work and I found a few pictures of Duckeee's old setup. Front lip was Evo-r VSV1 (Veilside V1 type lip) if I remember correctly. Hopefully he doesn't mind me posting these here. What do y'all think? Flows well or looks mis-matched?

And as a reference, here is how my car currently sits with my "poor-man's" universal carbon fiber side splitters, which I am considering replacing with a set of Chargespeed splitters if I can convince myself it looks right:
Pic request-   Chargespeed Bottomline sides with VeilSide or Mines front lip-uljgmzw.jpg

Pic request-   Chargespeed Bottomline sides with VeilSide or Mines front lip-lfmu8kv.jpg

Or do I just stick with what I have already?

Last edited by sry110; 11-06-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 11-06-2013, 07:59 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Received 73 Likes on 53 Posts

I love that particular set up but I will say the Evo-R isn't as low in the front as the Chargespeed. It almost doesn't look right to me but wouldn't bother enough not to do the set up.
Old 11-06-2013, 08:02 AM
vex008

Received 17 Likes on 14 Posts

works well imo
Old 11-06-2013, 09:26 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
I love that particular set up but I will say the Evo-R isn't as low in the front as the Chargespeed. It almost doesn't look right to me but wouldn't bother enough not to do the set up.
Yeah that's what bothers me a bit...the Veilside/EvoR/Mines lip doesn't hang as low as the Chargespeed sides and that looks a bit weird from the straight-on profile angle. Meanwhile the CS sides do flow well with the Top Secret rear diffuser so it's a tough call.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:38 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

I'm not sure if this helps, but here's a pic of my Chargespeed sides with a Varis Arising Lip. I've got more pics/different angles if you want them. I think the Veilside lips flows really well with CS sides. I had a replica V2 front bumper before I got my Varis lip and I didn't like how the "lip" on the bumper gets fatter as it wraps around the bumper and then the CS sides start out thin, if that makes sense.

Name:  341743_zpsddc7b6e6.jpg
Views: 2094
Size:  87.2 KB
Old 11-06-2013, 10:04 AM
sry110

^ Now that looks good! The Varis lip seems to sit a bit lower than the VS/EvoR/Mines lips. For example, I can see at the very corner of your front bumper where it starts to curve back in just above the top edge of the lip, at the wheel well (if that makes any sense), while the Mines lip sits higher and therefore covers that section of the bumper.
The Varis lip seems to sit at about the same height as the Chargespeed Bottomline front lip, which obviously was made to match these side skirts.

Do you have a feel for (or have measured) how much lower the bottom of the CS side skirt is compared to the bottom of the OEM side skirt itself? i.e. how much lower the CS sides hang relative to the OEM side skirt. If I had that value, I could lay it all out and really visualize how it will look with my Mines front lip.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:00 AM
jdmlove1

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

i always wanted the charge speed sides, but i will never change the Veilside lip (your ex lip) just to match the charge speed sides. and i really dont want my sides to be lower than my front.. i think your setup sry is perfect.
Old 11-06-2013, 11:01 AM
abarclay

Received 157 Likes on 109 Posts

Thanks! Yeah, when I look back up at the VS/Mines, I can see how it covers up that little section at the start of the wheel well. I haven't measured, but I can tell you it sits a good bit lower. I want to say that I've got around 3.5-4 inches from the ground to the bottom of the skirt. And the skirt sits about 2.5-3 inches below the OEM sides. I can check this weekend to give you a more accurate measurement if you'd want?
Old 11-06-2013, 11:48 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by abarclay
Thanks! Yeah, when I look back up at the VS/Mines, I can see how it covers up that little section at the start of the wheel well. I haven't measured, but I can tell you it sits a good bit lower. I want to say that I've got around 3.5-4 inches from the ground to the bottom of the skirt. And the skirt sits about 2.5-3 inches below the OEM sides. I can check this weekend to give you a more accurate measurement if you'd want?
Thanks for the feedback. That would be awesome if you could try to get that measurement (or measurements) to get the relative height between the OEM and the chargespeed skirts. I've asked the question a few times over the years and nobody has ever come through with an answer, so at the very least this will be educational! And much appreciated
Old 11-07-2013, 01:30 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Originally Posted by sry110
Yeah that's what bothers me a bit...the Veilside/EvoR/Mines lip doesn't hang as low as the Chargespeed sides and that looks a bit weird from the straight-on profile angle. Meanwhile the CS sides do flow well with the Top Secret rear diffuser so it's a tough call.
I personally like your set up as is... I will say the Chargespeed lip is almost too low though. Mine lasted 2 weeks and broke over uneven road, I almost cried. If you do the CS sides, might as well invest in the front too.
Old 11-07-2013, 01:55 AM
taryon

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I love Duckee's setup - was one of my favorite Zs and I think it flows quite well.

I think the chargespeed sides would look great on your Z.

A possible option for you is the Amuse front? It fits well with the CS sides (should you choose to buy it) and TS diffuser imo.

This is member z2envy - hope he doesn't mind me posting!

Old 11-07-2013, 03:52 AM
sidewaysil80

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I dont think it flows well st all. It looks like a hodge podge of parts, granted thats what it is. The front lip is way to high for those skirts as is the diffuser. Typically diffusers can "do their own thing" but only if the front and sides match (strictly aesthetically speaking). However in the event they don't, it just looks like random aero pieces with no flow...no bueno. The varis lip on the other hand is executed perfectly as they not only are the same height, but they appear to be close to/the same thickness. A diffuser on that setup would look exceptional.

Last edited by sidewaysil80; 11-07-2013 at 03:54 AM.
Old 11-07-2013, 07:05 AM
sry110

Originally Posted by Flo-ridaZ33
I personally like your set up as is... I will say the Chargespeed lip is almost too low though. Mine lasted 2 weeks and broke over uneven road, I almost cried. If you do the CS sides, might as well invest in the front too.
Originally Posted by taryon
I love Duckee's setup - was one of my favorite Zs and I think it flows quite well.

I think the chargespeed sides would look great on your Z.

A possible option for you is the Amuse front? It fits well with the CS sides (should you choose to buy it) and TS diffuser imo.

This is member z2envy - hope he doesn't mind me posting!
(deleted pic)
Unfortunately a lower front lip/bumper is not in the cards for me due to the entrance into my driveway. You can see in the photo below that at my current ride height with the Mine's lip and OEM front end, I'm getting by with just a c-hair clearance without scraping.
Pic request-   Chargespeed Bottomline sides with VeilSide or Mines front lip-xisy8sk.jpg
Old 11-07-2013, 09:49 AM
Flo-ridaZ33

Yeah the Chargespeed wont make it... oh man.
Old 11-07-2013, 11:24 AM
sidewaysil80

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thats crazy, it doesn't even look like you're that low. Is the picture deceiving and not showing just how steep it is?
Old 11-07-2013, 12:53 PM
sry110

Originally Posted by sidewaysil80
Thats crazy, it doesn't even look like you're that low. Is the picture deceiving and not showing just how steep it is?
Yeah it's a pretty silly transition angle, and on top of that the curb (Belgian block) at the bottom of the sidewalk portion sits about 1" above the road surface, so I'm going slow and at a pretty steep angle just to get in without scraping.

Looking at it some more, I might not even be able to get in and out of the driveway without scraping the CS sides themselves. I dug up this pic of my car from the old days when I was lowered on Hotchkis springs (probably sitting 1" or so higher than current height) and had GReddy side skirts, and I only had maybe 2" of clearance between the side skirt and the 'apex' between the driveway and the sidewalk section. Those CS sides at my current height may actually scrape!
Name:  100_1453.jpg
Views: 948
Size:  99.2 KB