Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

Fun Times At A Gas Station...

Search this Thread

Old 12-02-2013, 05:35 PM
JYoza

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fun Times At A Gas Station...

So I was treating my Z to some nice high octane gas at a Sunoco. I pull behind an Escalade with a trailer hitch on the rear. There's about 5-6 feet seperating between our cars and the pumps. What does this guy do? Backs his SUV up right into my Z. Thankfully as he was backing up I began honking my horn (my car was already shut off or else I would have just thrown it into reverse) and the license bracket along with the EZ Pass and the plate were the only things damaged! Amazing! Close call but no damage to my Z! Figured I'd share! Kinda funny story afterwards. Having a huge escalade back up into your Z. Scary.
Attached Thumbnails Fun Times At A Gas Station...-image.jpg  

Last edited by JYoza; 12-02-2013 at 05:38 PM.
Old 12-02-2013, 05:40 PM
JYoza

I'm on my phone but here is the second pic. Like I said no real damage more of a story.
Attached Thumbnails Fun Times At A Gas Station...-image.jpg  
Old 12-02-2013, 07:38 PM
Row2K

Received 32 Likes on 28 Posts

uff, that's a close shave.

Brings up a good question, whats the rule of thumb most people take on a small bump like that. Like if it's less than $100 in damage (like this probably), do you still report it, and make his insurance pay for it? Or do you ask for cash on the spot? I haven't been in any instances like this....but just wandering how others approach it.
Old 12-03-2013, 05:30 AM
JYoza

What we did in this scenario was that I took down all his information, asked for his driver's license, wrote down his license number along with his plates. We came to an agreement that he will pay for any damage done through cash. The deductible on insurance would just cost me more money in the long run for such little damage. So he is paying me cash for whatever needs to be fixed. And yes to get a 2007 front license plate bracket it cost $60 + tax. (NJ) he was a nice guy however. He said "I never hit such a beautiful car before!" ;D