Notices
Media Share Z Related Photos and Video

QuintonC's 350Z Build

Old 02-26-2015, 05:23 AM
radiocrash

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

love m310's on z's. my brother has vmr 710's on his gto...they're the same design. beautiful wheels.
Old 06-04-2015, 08:46 AM
QuintonC

Received 105 Likes on 72 Posts

Overdue updates.

Car is going into Synergy on the 18th/19th to have the front lip and side skirts created. Shawn will be spraying foam on the car and shaving it down to get the mold made for the lip and sides. The lip will be molded (as mentioned), and have a splitter underneath the lip as well.

And most importantly, while the car is at Synergy, I will be driving to Jersey in the pathfinder to pick up a BNIB Momentum kit.

I've ordered my Tanabe Revel gauges, trying to find a nice Tomei Ti single to pick up, and my dyno appointment has been scheduled with Dynosty on my birthday, July 14th. Going to be one hell of a 21st birthday!

I'll have more updates for you all as they come in!
Old 06-05-2015, 03:46 PM
rustyschopshop

Received 373 Likes on 279 Posts

Gratz on the updates, how long is Synergy going to have your car?
Old 06-05-2015, 07:10 PM
QuintonC

They're going to have it for two days while I drive to Jersey and back to pick up the turbo kit. Shawn will take that time to foam up the bumper and the side skirts to come up with a reverse mold of sorts and then he will go from there to make an actual mold for the parts.

So it shouldn't be too long before the sides and front are finished. The plan is to have an ings style lip with a splitter that is going to be sold separately, and then sides which match the lip and splitter style.
Old 06-05-2015, 07:28 PM
rustyschopshop

Two days is hella fast for creating a foam mold of a full kit. How long do you expect before they have the full kit ready for install?
Old 06-05-2015, 09:26 PM
QuintonC

Like I said, it's just side skirts and a front lip. Shawn busts *** though, so I believe in his work. He's already got a template ready up there of the sides and lip, he just needs the car for a couple days to play with the foam, etc. I'm unsure. We'll be testing the fitment, etc. for a while to make sure it's spot on.

Here's a couple shots of the car as it sits/rolls. These were actually on the way over to Synergy and then when we got there.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-hqfkogw.jpg

QuintonC's 350Z Build-lhfkbr3.jpg
Old 06-08-2015, 11:02 AM
QuintonC

Boost and AFR gauges arrived today from Pemiere Auto Sports here in Indy. John and his crew hooked me up with a sweet deal on these and were very thorough with getting me all the information necessary. The quality of these gauges from what I can tell so far is outstanding. So much work was gone into presenting the product nicely, and it shows that the manufacturer truly cares for this product. The Wideband came with a nice Bosch O2 sensor and all of the information necessary to get it going.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-flkzod8.jpg

QuintonC's 350Z Build-xeiblcs.jpg

QuintonC's 350Z Build-6ongycf.jpg

QuintonC's 350Z Build-oe0bzv1.jpg

QuintonC's 350Z Build-tli5x0e.jpg
Old 06-14-2015, 01:44 PM
QuintonC

Well, paid for my Tomei exhaust today. Got it from one of the SoCal members, had my buddy pick it up and he's going to be bringing it back to me on the 3rd of July. Just in time to get it into the shop and ready for the tune.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-snkdtay.jpg
Old 06-16-2015, 10:21 AM
QuintonC

Tomei should hopefully be here tomorrow. Still waiting on updates from my momentum kit, should hopefully be shipping out here soon. This came in the mail today though, Valentine One V1 hardwire equipment and concealed display.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-f2weycu.jpg
Old 06-19-2015, 01:41 PM
QuintonC

Alright, couple of decent updates from the past week.

1.) Turbo kit should be shipping out either today or on Monday. The sooner the better for sure!

2.) Ordered new wheels/tires today. As I'm going with boost, it only made sense to go with a more functional setup. So I called up Ravspec and spoke with Calvin, super cool dude who was able to get me the information that I needed. Ended up picking up WedsSport SA72R in 18x9.5 et12 with the HBC finish and the RR face which means concave for this Z once again. The wheels will be wrapped in Federal 595 RS-R 265/35/18 tires. Pretty excited for this for sure!

QuintonC's 350Z Build-mt51rsc.jpg

3.) Hopefully picking up a set of HKS Hipermax 3 coilovers here soon. Reason being that my D2s finally gave up after 48k miles of stance and full stiff. They were great entry level coilovers, but I think I am ready to get a bit more serious.

Video showing the sound that the coils make when pressure is applied and relieved.

4.) My control arms from SPC up front were actually destroyed and making a TERRRRRIBLE noise. I can't even explain how cringeworthy the noise was. But, finally got those switched out, thanks to the great people of SPC. They just did a core swap, which is where they bill me for the upper control arms, and then I return my old ones in exchange for the new ones and get my money back. The new upper control arms have definitely been revised a couple of times, they don't hit the top of my fender wells anymore when I hit a decent bump, and they also have a much sturdier construction.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-f7vztbq.jpg

video showing how bad the spc ball joints were on the control arms.

5.) My Tomei Expreme from Flynbrin arrived today. Thanks for working with me, man! The exhaust is definitely in good hands now, shined it up a bit after this picture was taken and it's looking good as new again!

QuintonC's 350Z Build-kmr2v2i.jpg

6.) I also ordered an oil temperature gauge from Tanabe as well as a Glowshift triple gauge pod since I couldn't find anywhere that I somewhat liked to mount the gauges. This should suffice, though it is kind of ricey.. but whatever. It will be just fine

Thanks for reading!
Old 06-19-2015, 01:48 PM
rustyschopshop

Loving the progress, what are you going to do about the blown coilovers.
Old 06-19-2015, 01:58 PM
QuintonC

Going to pick up a set of HKS Coilovers (Either Hipermax 3 Sports or Hipermax 4 SPs), rebuild the D2's and then sell them is the plan.
Old 06-19-2015, 02:00 PM
rustyschopshop

Sounds like a good plan. From what i hear either one is awsome.
Old 06-22-2015, 07:50 PM
QuintonC

Update: HKS Hipermax IV SP ordered today. Unsure of when they will be in, should ship out tomorrow direct from HKS. Ordered them through John at Premiere Auto Sports here in Indiana. He's been hooking me up with my parts here recently.

Unfortunately, the Tanabe Oil Temperature gauge was out of stock and is being shipped over from Japan at the moment through Tanabe. As soon as they get stateside, I should see the gauge and be able to wire that one in as well.
Old 06-22-2015, 08:19 PM
StevSam

Received 65 Likes on 48 Posts

Love it!! Keep up the great progress. Subbed!!!
Old 06-22-2015, 09:05 PM
QuintonC

Thank you, Stev!

I checked out your build as well! Looks like it's definitely coming along. Keep up your progress as well
Old 06-23-2015, 08:15 AM
NA&CH
General & Tech Senior Moderator
MY350Z.COM

Received 132 Likes on 96 Posts

Do you have the MTM kit already??? shoot me a pm if not.

Chris
Old 06-23-2015, 08:52 PM
QuintonC

It should be here tomorrow. It's BNIB and I snagged it for 5500. So hopefully everything goes smoothly. I know I'll need to have a shop make me a downpipe to midpipe for my Tomei, and then maybe they'll have to modify my upper y-pipe and the crossover pipe. Not sure though, the AT kit should work according to one of the reps who used to work at momentum. I will just have to find out.
Old 06-24-2015, 08:17 PM
QuintonC

Turbo kit did get here today!

Everything is BNIB as promised, so all is well there.

Unfortunately missing just a couple pieces.

Most important, the instruction manual.
Second, the UpRev cable.
And then just like the Coolant Cap O-Ring, & Base Map CD.

But the rest is all there. Going to call Dynosty tomorrow and see if I can find out which wastegate spring I should be running, etc. I'm wanting to run 8psi and shoot for around 400whp. I think the spring in the wastegate now is 6psi, but I will find out for sure tomorrow.

Pics tomorrow of the turbo kit, coilovers, the temp gauge and then the triple gauge pod as well!

Last edited by QuintonC; 07-22-2016 at 05:37 AM.
Old 06-25-2015, 12:06 PM
QuintonC

So, coils, oil temp, and a-pillar mounts came in today.

Didn't take pics of the a-pillar mounts of the gauge because it's just another gauge, etc. :P

The coils however... god dang, these are beautiful. They're also MUCH lighter than my D2 coils. The D2 package weighed in at 88lbs when shipped. These weighed in at 59 I believe. That's nearly 30 pounds difference right there.

Also went through the turbo kit a bit more today just to confirm whether or not the parts which I claimed were missing, and they are. So I called Z1 today and ordered an instruction manual, and then I called Automods in Iowa and picked up the blue and green spring for the MV-R which comes with the Momentum kit. This will allow me to run 8psi of boost and get to my 400hp goal.

QuintonC's 350Z Build-jjje9qt.jpg

QuintonC's 350Z Build-goeadlq.jpg

QuintonC's 350Z Build-qp1cmpz.jpg

QuintonC's 350Z Build-shkhyjm.jpg

QuintonC's 350Z Build-hp1lohj.jpg

Garage is starting to look like a tuner's garage haha.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: QuintonC's 350Z Build