Notices

***San Antonio/Austin meet in San Marcos..***

Search this Thread

Old 01-03-2008, 04:12 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I won't be in for the cruise, but I will be there for the meet.
Old 01-03-2008, 05:51 PM
solidsnake

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by z-u-later
I can do that. Also, I will check with Bo Rivers at the Harris Hill Road track to see if they're out there on Sunday afternoon. If they approve it, we can drive out there (instead of a cruise), tour the site and drive a few laps around their road course. If I can't work this out, then we'll do the cruise after the meet.

HELLZ YEAH!! See if you can do that. That would be awesome
Old 01-03-2008, 06:53 PM
z-u-later

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I emailed Bo Rivers, the owner of the Harris Hill Road track. I will let you all know what he says.

FYI: I can no longer access this forum from work. Yes, it sucks! I am spending more time being productive at work now. Anyway, since I can't access this site during the day, I won't be able to read/post until I get home from work.
Old 01-03-2008, 09:11 PM
solidsnake

I emailed Bo Rivers, the owner of the Harris Hill Road track. I will let you all know what he says.

FYI: I can no longer access this forum from work. Yes, it sucks! I am spending more time being productive at work now. Anyway, since I can't access this site during the day, I won't be able to read/post until I get home from work.
Thats no fun. Keep up posted about the track. It sounds like fun.
Old 01-03-2008, 11:59 PM
Ianmtx

Yeah I wouldn't be too worried about the weather. Sunday's supposed to be the warmest day of the week it looks like. Laps around the track would be awesome!
Old 01-04-2008, 02:04 PM
z-u-later

Okay, great news! We have been scheduled for a tour of the H2R track after the meet on Sunday. The tour is scheduled from 3pm-4pm. I'm sure after a couple of hours at the meet, everyone will be anxious to do something different so let's plan on leaving NLT than 2:45pm. I'll handout directions to the track at the meet. We are literally no more than 15 minutes away from the track.

Just a couple of reminders during the tour:

(1) Always think "safety first" at all times. The entry to the track is still not paved yet so drive slowly, specially if your Z is lowered. My Z is very low and I did not scrape at all. In addition, there are heavy equipment at the track so stay away from them during the walking portion of the tour.

(2) While driving on the track itself, they will enforce the "lead/follow" rule. One of the owners will be in the lead car and everyone else will be lined up accordingly. Try to stay within the lead car's speed but keep your distance. More importantly, no passing at anytime.

This is a huge favor (on short notice) that the owners are extending to us so let's return the courtesy by staying interested during the walking tour and following the rules while driving the track. Let's show them that 350Z owners are mature individuals in par with the BMW & Porsche owners, who, I'm sure, will comprise the majority of the membership of this great track.

I guarantee you, after a few laps around the track, the smile on your face will be "ear to ear!" I've driven my Z on other road courses, and this track is one of the best I've driven in. You all will find out soon enough. Make sure to bring your cameras, and if you have one, your camcorder.

Last edited by z-u-later; 01-04-2008 at 02:56 PM.
Old 01-04-2008, 02:11 PM
Joepa

Okay, great news! We have been scheduled for a tour of the H2R track after the meet on Sunday. The tour is scheduled from 3pm-4pm. I'm sure after a couple of hours at the meet, everyone will be anxious to do something different so let's plan on leaving NLT than 2:45pm. I'll handout directions to the track at the meet. We are literally no more than 15 minutes away from the track.

Just a couple of reminders during the tour:

(1) Always think "safety first" at all times. The entry to the track is still not paved yet so drive slowly, specially if your Z is lowered. My Z is very low and I did not scrape at all. In addition, there are heavy equipment at the track so stay away from them during the walking portion of the tour.

(2) While driving on the track itself, they will enforce the "lead/follow" rule. One of the owners will be in the lead car and everyone else will be lined up accordingly. Try to stay within the lead car's speed but keep your distance. More importantly, no passing at anytime.

This is a huge favor (on short notice) that the owners are extending to us so let's return the courtesy by staying interested during the walking tour and following the rules while driving the track. Let's show them that 350Z owners are mature individuals in par with the BMW & Porsche owners, who, I'm sure, will comprise the majority of the membership of this great track.

I guarantee you, after a few laps around the track, the smile on your face will be "ear to ear!" I've driven my Z to other road courses, and this track is one of the best I've driven in. You all will find out soon enough. Make sure to bring your cameras, and if you have one, your camcorder.
This sounds AWESOME!

Thank you so much for securing this for us. It's going to be a great experience.

See you guys soon!
Old 01-04-2008, 03:01 PM
z-u-later

BTW, H2R is a 1.8 mile long road course. A few sweepers, tight turns and a couple of nice straighaways. I was with a small group last time so we really could not open it up. However, I had an opportunity later on that afternoon to take an STi owner around the track by myself and I opened it up a bit, and it was exhilirating in the Z even though it was not ***** out.
Old 01-04-2008, 03:06 PM
joselito76

I will try to make it I am going out of town So you guys try to have fun and keep it safe.
Old 01-04-2008, 04:35 PM
solidsnake

That is great news z-u-later. Your awesome! See you guys sunday. Austin guys see you at Cabela's BEFORE 11:30 if you want to join the caravan.
Old 01-04-2008, 05:16 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

BTW, H2R is a 1.8 mile long road course. A few sweepers, tight turns and a couple of nice straighaways. I was with a small group last time so we really could not open it up. However, I had an opportunity later on that afternoon to take an STi owner around the track by myself and I opened it up a bit, and it was exhilirating in the Z even though it was not ***** out.
I can't wait till late January when I get to go unrestricted driving on the track for 30 minutes!!! Since I have experience at MSR for several events and was last in the yellow group, I get to go out by myself. :P
Old 01-04-2008, 06:35 PM
z-u-later

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
I can't wait till late January when I get to go unrestricted driving on the track for 30 minutes!!! Since I have experience at MSR for several events and was last in the yellow group, I get to go out by myself. :P
Yeah, but the fun factor raises up exponentially when you have r-compound tires on. I can't wait for this track to be completely ready (they were still working on the run-off areas last month) so I can go ***** out myself. The Z will do well in this track against the Z06s & Vipers since the two straightaways are short, and there are a lot of sweepers and a couple of tight turns. When I ran it last month on my r-compounds, my Z hugged the track the entire time. And I think I've got some of the "lines" figured out as well.
Old 01-04-2008, 07:32 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

Nice.....never tracked this car, just my G35. Can't wait to test this beast out on a road course finally.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:46 AM
z-u-later

Just a reminder for the SA drivers interested in joining the caravan, we will meet at HEB on IH 35 & FM 3009 in Schertz at 11am. We will roll out around 11:20am.

For those considering driving on the track after the meet, please make sure you thoroughly check your car today! Check your suspension, fluids, tires, and more importantly, your brake system. I just wanted to make you did not have any issues while driving on the track. If your Z is not up to it, you can still join us for the tour and take some pictures. I'd like for us to take a group photo at the track as well.

Last edited by z-u-later; 01-05-2008 at 01:47 PM.
Old 01-05-2008, 09:49 AM
350zDex

great im hoping i could make it
Old 01-05-2008, 12:52 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

I just got done swapping my rear diff from the stock crap to Amsoil 75w90. :P
Old 01-05-2008, 02:25 PM
Ianmtx

Yeah, but the fun factor raises up exponentially when you have r-compound tires on. I can't wait for this track to be completely ready (they were still working on the run-off areas last month) so I can go ***** out myself. The Z will do well in this track against the Z06s & Vipers since the two straightaways are short, and there are a lot of sweepers and a couple of tight turns. When I ran it last month on my r-compounds, my Z hugged the track the entire time. And I think I've got some of the "lines" figured out as well.
Speaking of vipers, I know at least one SRT10 will be there . My buddy is bringing his viper to the meet and the track.
Old 01-05-2008, 03:07 PM
SOLO-350Z
'12 TL SH-AWD

hey that wouldn't be the same guy who owns a Acura TL as well ? I can't remember his name right now but he drives a newer viper blue one. And now a new Tundra to tow it.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:41 PM
Ianmtx

Originally Posted by SOLO-350Z
hey that wouldn't be the same guy who owns a Acura TL as well ? I can't remember his name right now but he drives a newer viper blue one. And now a new Tundra to tow it.
Naw, his viper is Red and he's never owned an Acura.
Old 01-05-2008, 04:43 PM
solidsnake

Just a reminder for the SA drivers interested in joining the caravan, we will meet at HEB on IH 35 & FM 3009 in Schertz at 11am. We will roll out around 11:20am.

For those considering driving on the track after the meet, please make sure you thoroughly check your car today! Check your suspension, fluids, tires, and more importantly, your brake system. I just wanted to make you did not have any issues while driving on the track. If your Z is not up to it, you can still join us for the tour and take some pictures. I'd like for us to take a group photo at the track as well.

I posted this in the Main post#1.

Quick Reply: ***San Antonio/Austin meet in San Marcos..***