Notices

DFW Tech Day

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Doh-Joe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks. Yeah, I already go their for my alignments. I'm under that one year program they have. Thanks for the heads up though.

# --- Screen Name -Real name-- Car --- Mod to install
1 – JasonZ-YA- Jason – 350Z – Suspension install mods/arms - will be dropping my car off at NTB down the street once done for alignment. also clutch bleed with wilwood products mod.
2. AcidJake75 - 350z - Rear wiper delete (if its not done already) and help with installs and assist with beer drinkin..
3. - Fithamoto - 350Z - Front headlight & tail light swap.
4. - Corbin or Bluz370- 370z- mods spring mt mod (if its not done yet),and for sure diff and tranny fluid.
5 - Austin or AUS10TAT10US- 350Z - possibly need help painting headlights and handle, rear coilover adjustment (if not done already and yall can see my stock bumper blacked out and filled...just got it put on today!)
6. - Steve or Neverlift - 350z - SS brake lines and SS clutch Line. Flush clutch and brake fluid.
7. Squeaky350 - Jeremy - 350z - rear camber kit and toe bolts. lower car - coilovers already installed. stance
8. 3hree5ive0ero - Chris - 350Z - SS clutch line, flush clutch, hatch shocks (if not done).. maybe replace bushings
9. 05 ppw z33 - Joe - 350Z - SPL UCA's & dehazing headlights and maybe fixing minor scratches
10. LegionnaireZ - Anthony - 350z - Would like to see if the dehaze will work. since the 19s are back on would like to test fit spacers. Stage 2 Strut Hatch.
11. MrWatchDawg - Mo - 350z - need all fluids changed , and hopefully i can do exhaust if i have it by than
12. ppat1989 - Patrick - replace all 4 brake rotors
13. zrzly? and christinekay-Justin and Christine- basic fluid stuffs (oil change, tranny, and maybe clutch fluid. will bring four jackstands and tools.

HELPER LIST:
1. DarkRoam - - ---
2. Gibbs
3. cow
4. quakerroatmeal - Thinking of bringing some cleaning supplies and showing folks how to properly clean/dry/clay bar/wax a car if anybody is interested.
5. tsar - Maybe coilover / camber arm install.
6. JLSGOZ (Jody) I can be a good gopheress

DRIFT EVENT - SUNDAY MARCH 7th
1. JasonZ-YA - participate in event
Old 02-15-2010, 09:42 AM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Thumbs up

Hook it up 2 Wks 5 DAYS!
Old 02-16-2010, 07:05 PM
SpEcToR

1 – JasonZ-YA- Jason – 350Z – Suspension install mods/arms - will be dropping my car off at NTB down the street once done for alignment. also clutch bleed with wilwood products mod.
2. AcidJake75 - 350z - Rear wiper delete (if its not done already) and help with installs and assist with beer drinkin..
3. - Fithamoto - 350Z - Front headlight & tail light swap.
4. - Corbin or Bluz370- 370z- mods spring mt mod (if its not done yet),and for sure diff and tranny fluid.
5 - Austin or AUS10TAT10US- 350Z - possibly need help painting headlights and handle, rear coilover adjustment (if not done already and yall can see my stock bumper blacked out and filled...just got it put on today!)
6. - Steve or Neverlift - 350z - SS brake lines and SS clutch Line. Flush clutch and brake fluid.
7. Squeaky350 - Jeremy - 350z - rear camber kit and toe bolts. lower car - coilovers already installed. stance
8. 3hree5ive0ero - Chris - 350Z - SS clutch line, flush clutch, hatch shocks (if not done).. maybe replace bushings
9. 05 ppw z33 - Joe - 350Z - SPL UCA's & dehazing headlights and maybe fixing minor scratches
10. LegionnaireZ - Anthony - 350z - Would like to see if the dehaze will work. since the 19s are back on would like to test fit spacers. Stage 2 Strut Hatch.
11. MrWatchDawg - Mo - 350z - need all fluids changed , and hopefully i can do exhaust if i have it by than
13. zrzly? and christinekay-Justin and Christine- basic fluid stuffs (oil change, tranny, and maybe clutch fluid. will bring four jackstands and tools.

HELPER LIST:
1. DarkRoam - - ---
2. Gibbs
3. cow
4. quakerroatmeal - Thinking of bringing some cleaning supplies and showing folks how to properly clean/dry/clay bar/wax a car if anybody is interested.
7. SpEcToR - Ryan - g35 - possibly rear camber and headlight dehazing
Old 02-17-2010, 07:43 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

3. - Fithamoto - 350Z - Will just be hanging...can't stay that long

HELPER LIST:
1. DarkRoam - - ---
2. Gibbs
3. cow
Old 02-17-2010, 08:58 AM
bluz370

Hey guys, just out of curiosity, does anyone that will be there have any experience with headlights? I would like to take mine apart and paint the housing black. If anyone has done this already ( i havent and it scares me) i would love to get it done.. i will bring paint.. enough for some other people to use if they would like.. and would gladly pay a little bit.. or supply some brews for anyone that can help me out!
Old 02-17-2010, 09:54 AM
3hree5ive0ero
Retired Admin

Received 78 Likes on 50 Posts

^^ Ooh, I might join in on that. I've been wanting to black out my housings for the past few years.
Old 02-17-2010, 10:04 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Received 28 Likes on 19 Posts

^ let me get back to you guys on that.........I wouldnt mind explaining and going over it all -- even as far as removing a light and showing you everything to remove and do! but i dont think i wanna put my stove through the ordeal again...

I used to have a spare stove.........but we got rid of it......i knew i should have kept it!!

at the very least, ill be sure to spend a good amount of time explaining what all is involved! its not hard and i really would tell anyone to give it a try......its easy! just takes time of course...

-J
Old 02-17-2010, 10:41 AM
Nipz

^Interested in taking this class with you guys. Also taking quakeroatmeal's claybar class too if he decides to do it.

14. Nipz - Justin - 07350z - Learning Mod

HELPER LIST:
1. DarkRoam - - ---
2. Gibbs
3. cow

1. JasonZ-YA - participate in event
2. Nipz - watchin son
Old 02-17-2010, 12:05 PM
bluz370

lol i guess im just too big of a ***** to rip my headlights apart without some instruction.. and the DIY scares me a little.. lol using a screw driver to pry apart
Old 02-17-2010, 12:06 PM
bluz370

ps... i have 10mm spacers for the guy that wanted to test fit.. if this is the size you were looking at.
Old 02-17-2010, 12:17 PM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

^ bring them regardless..............

-J
Old 02-17-2010, 05:09 PM
rcasas83

Originally Posted by bluz370
lol i guess im just too big of a ***** to rip my headlights apart without some instruction.. and the DIY scares me a little.. lol using a screw driver to pry apart
havent done it on the Z but I opened up a couple of integra headlights a few years back if its anything like that it shouldnt be too hard.

Hey JasonZ-YA mind if I join you on the drift event? I just want to spectate though ive never been to one of those.
Old 02-17-2010, 05:19 PM
zrzly?

I've been to a couple MW event, and had a blast, even if you have never thought about drifting your car, there are plenty of extremely knowledgable people there that will give you advice, there's a giant skidpad to practice on with someone riding w/ you giving you tips on initiating, maintaining, and things of that nature, as mentioned before you can always "buy" tires there so you don't have to roast yours. One drift event, assuming you don't do something stupid, won't ruin your car. We're debating whether or not to attend, just might.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:53 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

Originally Posted by zrzly?
I've been to a couple MW event, and had a blast, even if you have never thought about drifting your car, there are plenty of extremely knowledgable people there that will give you advice, there's a giant skidpad to practice on with someone riding w/ you giving you tips on initiating, maintaining, and things of that nature, as mentioned before you can always "buy" tires there so you don't have to roast yours. One drift event, assuming you don't do something stupid, won't ruin your car. We're debating whether or not to attend, just might.
EXACTLY!

its definitely worth going out and spectating, riding along with someone and seeing what all is involved.............

on that note - I unfortunately now have to work sunday and cant make the event!

SOooo, i figured we can talk more about drifting on the TECH DAY for anyone that has questions and maybe even plan for the next event!

Ill be going to the APRIL 10th event.

Boss wanted me to work saturday, and i didnt want to move the TECH DAY! SO i had to give up SUNDAY!........no worries, since there is a Drift Event EVERY MONTH!

please dont let me not being able to go, keep you from going out and watching.........ESPECIALLY if you even remotely think of entering in APRIL!! I HIGHLY RECOMMEND GOING OUT THEN!

-J
Old 02-18-2010, 03:54 AM
JasonZ-YA
350Z-holic

UPDATE:

14. Nipz - Justin - 07350z - Learning Mod

HELPER LIST:
1. DarkRoam - - ---
2. Gibbs
3. cow

2. Nipz - watchin son
Old 02-18-2010, 08:12 AM
MrWatchDawg

i would love to do my headlights also ....claying and cleaning the car...refreshing the paint.

and i thnk all im doing is the fluids and possibly brake. Some **** came up so cant do the plenum and HFC for now
Old 02-18-2010, 01:47 PM
zrzly?

I can clay as well, so assuming y'all trust me, I'd be more than willing to get you started on your own vehicle and letting you take the reigns so to speak lol. Anybody bringin' an orbital polisher?
Old 02-18-2010, 01:50 PM
Gibbs
Know it all

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^I'm bringing my buffer from work.
Old 02-18-2010, 03:14 PM
bluz370

i have a 10 inch orbital buffer ill bring.
Old 02-18-2010, 07:16 PM
drifter5

Quick question.

I have a lot of stuff I want to knock out that day but unfortunately I won't be there till 3 because of work.

Main things I would like to get done that day if possible.
-front and rear rotors changed
-SS brake lines installed
-front and rear pads changed
-brake system flushed
-Front lower inner bushings changed

I would also like to change my tranny and diff fluid out that day, but it's not on the top of my list since I can knock that out myself easily. The other stuff...not so much because I have never done it before.

I honestly don't know how long it will take to do all of these things but I am willing to buy some pizza and provide beer if I could get some people to help me knock these out. That's of course Jason wouldn't mind us staying a little late?

Quick Reply: DFW Tech Day