Notices

EVENT 4 VQ AutoX Championship @ Mineral Wells May 14

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 02:17 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 3hree5ive0ero
I'll register later when I know for sure I can attend, but attendance is highly likely unless things go wrong.

SN - Name - Car # - Driver - VQ Champ. - PotLuck
1. GWord256 - Gavin - 256 - Driving - Yes - Gatorade & Water (DON'T BRING ANY MORE! I've got lots.)
2. Fithamoto - Chris - #88 - Driving - Yes - Canopy, Trash Can, Chips and Grill
3. Ppat1989 - Patrick - #4 - Driving - Yes - table, hot dog buns and brownies.
4. SmokersMagee - Adam - ??? - Driving - Yes - Hot Dogs!
5. 3 5 0 (tentative) - Chris - 213 - Driving - No - napkins, plates, cups, mustard
It would be nice to see you out there Chris. Either way we will hook up this summer.

Originally Posted by PhGit
OK guys. I was just able to weasle out of my work meeting I had scheduled for this May 14. However, I absolutely have to be back in Flower Mound by 4:30pm for family obligations which means I'd need to leave this event by 3:00.

I definitely want to do it but would be terribly bad form to have to leave at that time? I don't want to tick anyone off or get a bad rep. What should I do? If I have to be working at that time could anyone cover a bit for me?
You might be able to e-mail the head guy that runs the PCA and tell him you'll come early and help set up in lieu of working corners. I know jason did that for an AutoX event and it worked out for him.
Old 04-25-2011, 03:27 PM
GWord256

Originally Posted by fithamoto
You might be able to e-mail the head guy that runs the PCA and tell him you'll come early and help set up in lieu of working corners. I know jason did that for an AutoX event and it worked out for him.
Do exactly that. I've not been in contact with anyone frmo the BMW club and their web site isn't working right now but from past experience most clubs are forgiving if you give them a heads up and do a little extra on the front end.

http://lscbmwcca.org/autocross-schedule.html
Old 04-25-2011, 07:14 PM
PhGit

Thanks guys. I emailed Ken Orgeron, the guy listed as being the autocross officer. We'll see what happens. If I get the ok then I just need to convince my wife I'll make it home in time.
Old 04-26-2011, 11:48 AM
DMAC2

1. GWord256 - Gavin - 256 - Driving - Yes - Gatorade @ Water (DON'T BRING ANY MORE! I've got lots.)
2. Fithamto - Chris - #88 - Driving - Yes - Canopy, Trash Can, Chips....and ( Grill If Hot Dogs are in order ? )
3. Ppat1989 - Patrick - #4 - Driving - Yes - table, hot dog buns and brownies. I also have two friends coming. I know one will be driving his Altima SE-R the other may be driving his 240sx depending on if we have it running properly at the time.
4.SmokersMagee - Adam - #79 - Driving - Yes - Hot Dogs!
5.DMAC2-Damon-#7-Driving-Yes-More Snacks
Old 04-26-2011, 03:30 PM
PhGit

I got it worked out!

1. GWord256 - Gavin - 256 - Driving - Yes - Gatorade @ Water (DON'T BRING ANY MORE! I've got lots.)
2. Fithamto - Chris - #88 - Driving - Yes - Canopy, Trash Can, Chips....and ( Grill If Hot Dogs are in order ? )
3. Ppat1989 - Patrick - #4 - Driving - Yes - table, hot dog buns and brownies. I also have two friends coming. I know one will be driving his Altima SE-R the other may be driving his 240sx depending on if we have it running properly at the time.
6. PhGit - Shawn - #43 - Driving - Yes - Paper towels, 3 chairs, mustard, salsa
Old 04-26-2011, 04:26 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

I got it worked out!

Awesome Shawn....I'm glad to see you worked it out.

I going to head out around 6:30 if you want to go out together.
Old 04-27-2011, 01:51 AM
ppat1989
Professional

I going to head out around 6:30 if you want to go out together.
Chris I'm gonna start pitching a tent in your front yard from now on when we have to go to mineral wells lol. Last time I met up with you guys I had to leave my place at like 5-530 just to meet up with you at 630. I hate mornings lol
Old 04-27-2011, 04:36 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Originally Posted by ppat1989
Chris I'm gonna start pitching a tent in your front yard from now on when we have to go to mineral wells lol. Last time I met up with you guys I had to leave my place at like 5-530 just to meet up with you at 630. I hate mornings lol
Shawn lives like up the block from me..... so I put it out there for him.

But if you want to hang at my place the night before it's cool.
Old 04-28-2011, 05:36 PM
PhGit

I've got to be there to help at 7:00am... part of the deal to get out of working in the afternoon. Sooo... I'll prob leave about 5:15 just to have some time to deal with the car before helping. Thanks for the offer. That would make the drive more fun!

Anyone know how this club runs? Like, one run and go wait or 2 or 4? Since I've got to split no later than 3 hopefully I'll get all the runs in!

Since u guys would probably know and I'm not getting a response elsewhere... I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of Enkei PF01's. I'm thinking 18" x 9.5 all around... what I'm not sure about is should I go +35 offset all around or +35F and +15R? Also thinking of 245 or 255 tires on the F and 275 or 285 on the R. Any experienced advice with these wheels and tire sizes (looking at u Jake n Gavin)?
Old 04-28-2011, 06:47 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

I've got to be there to help at 7:00am... part of the deal to get out of working in the afternoon. Sooo... I'll prob leave about 5:15 just to have some time to deal with the car before helping. Thanks for the offer. That would make the drive more fun!

Anyone know how this club runs? Like, one run and go wait or 2 or 4? Since I've got to split no later than 3 hopefully I'll get all the runs in!

Since u guys would probably know and I'm not getting a response elsewhere... I'm about to pull the trigger on a set of Enkei PF01's. I'm thinking 18" x 9.5 all around... what I'm not sure about is should I go +35 offset all around or +35F and +15R? Also thinking of 245 or 255 tires on the F and 275 or 285 on the R. Any experienced advice with these wheels and tire sizes (looking at u Jake n Gavin)?

Shawn, I believe they will run 4 runs in the AM & 4 runs in the PM....lunch break in the middle of course.
Just make sure your in the first set of drivers for the PM runs and you should be good.

As for the PF01's I think those would be awesome.....I think you should run +15 all round and run up to 265 on the fronts & and up to 285 on the rears.

I just got some 265/35/18 for the fronts & 285/35/18 for the rears.....And I have the MB Battles which are 18 X 9.5 +15. I would only ask if you have your rear fenders rolled ? That could be a deal breaker.
Old 04-28-2011, 07:46 PM
PhGit

Thanks for the input. I was originally looking at +15 all around but I read elsewhere thats a bit aggressive for autox performance, not that it doesn't work but more is better, so I thought I'd compromise and go higher up front... and the front +15 make me a bit nervous with my stoptech st-60s up there. It should clear I but haven't found or got a 100% confirmation of that.

So you sayin I'd need to roll the rear fenders? I'm ok with that, but I'd have to find a time for it. I'm still stock (sport) suspension and probably will be for the rest of this year.

As for the PF01's I think those would be awesome.....I think you should run +15 all round and run up to 265 on the fronts & and up to 285 on the rears.

I just got some 265/35/18 for the fronts & 285/35/18 for the rears.....And I have the MB Battles which are 18 X 9.5 +15. I would only ask if you have your rear fenders rolled ? That could be a deal breaker.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:07 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

So you sayin I'd need to roll the rear fenders? I'm ok with that, but I'd have to find a time for it. I'm still stock (sport) suspension and probably will be for the rest of this year.
If you haven't had them rolled yet then have Jake do them....he is great at it !...plus he is really close to us. Just send him a pm....I think he has the roller still. I have a heat gun if he needs it.

And I forgot you have those Stop Techs....they should clear....but ask Jake this as well. He is the Wheel guy & much much more !

Last edited by fithamoto; 04-28-2011 at 08:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:51 PM
GWord256

I got PF01 18x9.5 +35. DO NOT get +35 off set front in the front you won't be able to put on any tire size above 245.
Old 04-28-2011, 08:58 PM
GWord256

I have a fealing that the 17" eneki's would fit over my ST-60 rotors. There's loads of space there.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:32 AM
PhGit

Thanks guys! 18x9.5 +15 square setup it is!

If you haven't had them rolled yet then have Jake do them....he is great at it !...plus he is really close to us. Just send him a pm....I think he has the roller still. I have a heat gun if he needs it.

And I forgot you have those Stop Techs....they should clear....but ask Jake this as well. He is the Wheel guy & much much more !
Yeah... Jake and I have some stuff to do. His back was all messed up last weekend so we had a delay. I hope he's feeling better. Looks like another thing to add to the list!

Originally Posted by GWord256
I have a fealing that the 17" eneki's would fit over my ST-60 rotors. There's loads of space there.
So you have the 6 pot up front with the 355x32mm rotors??? When I saw your setup I thought for sure you had the 4 pot up front (and 332mm rotors)... it looked so much smaller behind there. Wow. That twists my mind!
I'm good with 18's. I may sport them around town awhile while I get my 19" stocks repaired. I like the look of the stock 19" but mine are pretty beat up.
Old 04-29-2011, 07:17 AM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Thanks guys! 18x9.5 +15 square setup it is!

Yeah... Jake and I have some stuff to do. His back was all messed up last weekend so we had a delay. I hope he's feeling better. Looks like another thing to add to the list!

So you have the 6 pot up front with the 355x32mm rotors??? When I saw your setup I thought for sure you had the 4 pot up front (and 332mm rotors)... it looked so much smaller behind there. Wow. That twists my mind!
I'm good with 18's. I may sport them around town awhile while I get my 19" stocks repaired. I like the look of the stock 19" but mine are pretty beat up.
Shawn there is a guy on here that works at a place that can fix your rims and have them refinished really cheap and the do a great job.
His name on this site is " Wheelfix" and his name is Eric. He can hook you up....I have used him and many others on here have used him.
The place is in Carrollton.
Old 04-29-2011, 12:42 PM
PhGit

Yeah... I'll need tires and mounting/balancing. I just made the order and went a little bit extra... got the 4 pf01's and threw in a 5/16 Copper Iso Thermal Spacer, a set of Rays dura lugs (blue), Berk HFCs, and a Hella Horn. I just gotta remember to get my wife something really nice cause it's all gonna be showing up right before Mother's Day!
Old 04-29-2011, 04:15 PM
fithamoto
Sleeps in 350Z

Yeah... I'll need tires and mounting/balancing. I just made the order and went a little bit extra... got the 4 pf01's and threw in a 5/16 Copper Iso Thermal Spacer, a set of Rays dura lugs (blue), Berk HFCs, and a Hella Horn. I just gotta remember to get my wife something really nice cause it's all gonna be showing up right before Mother's Day!
LMAO !

I do the same thing....before you know it your like ??? .....Shiet ....I just put like a Grand on my Debit card !

Which reminds me...I need some lugs also.
Old 04-29-2011, 05:13 PM
ezpotato

Registered and ready to track!

7. ezpotato - Emad - #3 - Driving - Yes -Chips, cokes, ****
Old 04-29-2011, 05:15 PM
SmokersMagee

Alright bishes I'm signed up and paid for. I challenge you!!!!

Quick Reply: EVENT 4 VQ AutoX Championship @ Mineral Wells May 14