Notices

6/25 Round 2:Lone Star Drift Series @ Mineral Wells

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 01:28 PM
aaronlosey

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 6/25 Round 2:Lone Star Drift Series @ Mineral Wells

THE MEXICAN STANDOFF. *Mineral Wells Airport, June 25, 2011. *Round 2 of the Lone Star Drift Series.

The best Texas drifting has to offer will be fighting over $2500 and the chance to drive in Formula Drift 2012. *Drivers will be arriving from all over the state, and a bit beyond, bringing heavily modified drift cars with them. *The first round of the Lone Star Drift Series had a fantastic turnout, with a full field of caged cars competing for $2000, and we are upping the prize money with rounds two and then again with round three ( to be announced shortly ). *This round will feature a harder, faster course than the previous round, with more potential for carnage and destruction! *Come bare witness to amazingly aggressive driving put on by our locals. *See V8 imports, turbo inline sixes, and crazy 4 bangers all mix it up! *But most of all, come see our drivers lay it all on the line! *Spectators should arrive around 10 am, and the event will go on till just before dark. *Spectators should also bring helmets if they have them to ride along with the drifters on course! *This is competition is for $2500 and the chance for an FD license!

Entry fee for competition, $75. *All comp drivers MUST preregister by June 20th at midnight by paypal-ing $75 + 3% to erinshill at gmail.com
Entry fee to just drive with no competition, $50. *Non comp drivers to pay at the gate.
Spectator fee, $10. *This is paid at the gate only. *Children under 12 are free.

1. *All competition cars must have a full roll cage.
2. *All drivers must have a helmet.
3. *All convertibles must have at least a roll bar to drive, even practice.
4. *Points for the series will be awarded and will go towards grand prize of cash at the end, as well as towards 3 Formula D 2012 drift licenses. *

Drivers are to arrive by 9 am, driving starts at 9:45. *Competition starts at 3 pm. *Competition will be judged most likely by a combination of Aaron Losey, Chelsea Denofa, and Derrick Rogers. *Any two of those 3 will be judging.

There will be piņata smashing for the children along with other activities going on.
There will be awesome tandem and big cash payout.

See pictures here in Sy Pham's gallery of Round 1 pictures.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...0517.694730956

NST anniversary-LoneStarDrift Round 1

Blog post from Apexusablog on the Round 1.

http://www.apexusblog.com/2011/03/te...eason-round-1/

Cinema Toast's coverage of Round 1.

Lone Star Drift Series Round 1 & NST 6th Anniversary Car Show

------------

All media that wishes to get on course will need to contact Aaron Losey to gain credentials to get on track for photos and video. *This is to assure that there aren't too many people out there in the way, and simplify things for the media.
Old 04-26-2011, 12:07 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

oh man - this looks sweet! glad its still cheaper for the non competition drivers..

Theres going to be ALOT of bad a$$ cars at this one for sure..

Also - stickied thread..
Old 04-27-2011, 12:46 PM
aaronlosey

Thanks for making that a sticky! Here are some pics from the last event, there are some of your car in there : )

Go check out the gallery of pics : )

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/fb...00000428645888

Old 04-27-2011, 12:52 PM
AcidJake75
Living in 350Z

Thumbs up

Old 05-01-2011, 03:34 PM
GWord256

We AutoX'ers can drift too!

Old 05-04-2011, 07:25 AM
VO...
Administrator

Received 2,747 Likes on 1,836 Posts

OP, please include at date in your title.

Title edited...
Old 05-29-2011, 08:39 AM
aaronlosey

Here are some pics of our last event. It was a very small day, this June 25th event is going to be really big though.

------

It was a fun day out at Mineral Wells yesterday. *I just got back from hiking the Incan trail less than 24 hours before the event, and a drift event is always a little cherry on top of something fun!

Gallery of the event

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...00000428645888

Old 06-08-2011, 03:06 PM
aaronlosey

-----------------

Just a little update on the drivers list to get people excited! We are going to have a full grid of awesome local cars going at each others throats for 2500 dollars in prize money! *There are a bunch of drivers I didn't mention, but I wanted to make sure everyone knows how awesome the tandem will be at this event!

Lets start out the order with the points leader of the series so far. *Robert Lee in the little 86 that could! *Unless someone stops this man, he is going to win quite a bit of money this year, along with a full Formula Drift license for next year. *His car only puts down about 113 whp, but it only weights about 2000 lbs! *I know he is getting a fully built turbo motor ready, but will he have it in by the event?

Brad Burnett in the V8 86! *2 86s in the top points?!?! *I love how clean and simple this car is. *Putting down around 240 whp and weighing in at 2338 lbs, the car is quite the contender. *As long as he isn't stripping ring gears off the diff with his V8, the car is extremely reliable and a blast to watch.

Aaren Smith in the V8 Mustang has been throwing huge angle entries all year with his fancy cut knuckles ( modified steering angle ) and balanced suspension setup. *The car is very simple, with only a few modifications, but man does it work! *No big HP here, no light weight. *Just american pony car. *But can he harness his wild entries so they don't bite him?

Josh Steele will be rocking his newly rebuilt V8 S13. *I am starting to see a pattern with all these V8 cars LOL. *His car is a shop car, so it has more stickers and attention put into it than many of our local grass roots car, and Josh won a local Austin competition early this year, proving he can be a contender with his consistent style.

Will Parsons will be in the S2000 turbo powered 86! *This newly built setup has the craziest exhaust noise out of them all when it backfires off the rev limiter! *It sounds like a shot gun going off!

Justin Garner rocking the ol' school SR20 setup! *I hope he doesn't fall prey to the V8 swap and pull his 4 banger! *Justin has been very consistent and is a great representation of a grass roots 240sx driver. *Also, I like teal at the moment, and have a new pair of teal shoes. *

Fielding Shredder. *I know he has a few tricks up his sleeves in sweet knuckles from drift works, and new stealth paint. *Fielding is one of those drivers that has cut knuckles and uses them a bunch, giving him an exciting big angle style, which matches his personality. *

Brock White and his S13 ASD car will be tearing up some Falken rubber for the crowd. *He recently redid his car's exterior, and is taking drifting very seriously at the moment. *He has a full pit crew with spotters, mechanics, and the help of the Falken Tires racer program behind him, meaning he will come with some awesome rubber under his car. *Will it be enough?

Chris Conley is a newcomer this year, but he is coming on strong! *Another nice and simple SR20 car that runs like a top and doesn't let him down. *Rarely am I surprised by new drivers tandem abilities when they come on the scene, but he is a strong driver and a welcome to our scene!

Robert Turnbow. *When he isn't changing diff's or axles, you can find him clutch kicking his high strung 1JZ! *He isn't afraid to run this car into anyone's door to win, just look at what his car looked like last weekend! *He has an awesome attitude towards drifting, and is learning very quickly. *Plus, he pulls a 3 car trailer around the country right now, so everyone wants to be his best friend when it comes to transporting race cars!

Cody Woods. *The most unique drift car award goes too.... *Volvo wagon and american V8 blend together to build a sweet battle wagon! *He has a long drive to get here, which keeps us from seeing him on a monthly basis, but I am excited to see this car when it shows up.

Nacho Cheese. *Team Silhouette has lots of talented drivers this year, and Nacho has solid SR20 car powering him along. *With so many team members competing, they are sure to get paired up together for some awesome action.

Sammi Tiger! *Drifters will always tell you they have an aggressive style, but few drifters I know are as aggressive as Sammi Tiger. *I'm serious, when we used to drive with Sammi back in the Nopi days, we were flat out terrified of him killing us somehow. *The man is quiet off the track, but insane on the track. *I have seen him wreck his car, and five minutes later be back on track to tandem with us with a wheel base 5 inches shorter on one side of the car, and 5 inches of tow out in the rear on one side, with no regard for our safety. *I have seen him hit walls off track that I didn't even know where there, and he has a wall of parts off his old chassis at his shop he runs in Atlanta, Tiger Racing. *He has killed more than 7 built drift cars, by completely totaling them. *And this is from a man that doesn't write off a chassis lightly. *I don't think I am putting my terror into words here well enough, but he is scary to tandem with around walls!

And many more will attend! *
Old 06-08-2011, 03:07 PM
aaronlosey

-----------------

Just a little update on the drivers list to get people excited! We are going to have a full grid of awesome local cars going at each others throats for 2500 dollars in prize money! *There are a bunch of drivers I didn't mention, but I wanted to make sure everyone knows how awesome the tandem will be at this event!

Lets start out the order with the points leader of the series so far. *Robert Lee in the little 86 that could! *Unless someone stops this man, he is going to win quite a bit of money this year, along with a full Formula Drift license for next year. *His car only puts down about 113 whp, but it only weights about 2000 lbs! *I know he is getting a fully built turbo motor ready, but will he have it in by the event?

Brad Burnett in the V8 86! *2 86s in the top points?!?! *I love how clean and simple this car is. *Putting down around 240 whp and weighing in at 2338 lbs, the car is quite the contender. *As long as he isn't stripping ring gears off the diff with his V8, the car is extremely reliable and a blast to watch.

Aaren Smith in the V8 Mustang has been throwing huge angle entries all year with his fancy cut knuckles ( modified steering angle ) and balanced suspension setup. *The car is very simple, with only a few modifications, but man does it work! *No big HP here, no light weight. *Just american pony car. *But can he harness his wild entries so they don't bite him?

Josh Steele will be rocking his newly rebuilt V8 S13. *I am starting to see a pattern with all these V8 cars LOL. *His car is a shop car, so it has more stickers and attention put into it than many of our local grass roots car, and Josh won a local Austin competition early this year, proving he can be a contender with his consistent style.

Will Parsons will be in the S2000 turbo powered 86! *This newly built setup has the craziest exhaust noise out of them all when it backfires off the rev limiter! *It sounds like a shot gun going off!

Justin Garner rocking the ol' school SR20 setup! *I hope he doesn't fall prey to the V8 swap and pull his 4 banger! *Justin has been very consistent and is a great representation of a grass roots 240sx driver. *Also, I like teal at the moment, and have a new pair of teal shoes. *

Fielding Shredder. *I know he has a few tricks up his sleeves in sweet knuckles from drift works, and new stealth paint. *Fielding is one of those drivers that has cut knuckles and uses them a bunch, giving him an exciting big angle style, which matches his personality. *

Brock White and his S13 ASD car will be tearing up some Falken rubber for the crowd. *He recently redid his car's exterior, and is taking drifting very seriously at the moment. *He has a full pit crew with spotters, mechanics, and the help of the Falken Tires racer program behind him, meaning he will come with some awesome rubber under his car. *Will it be enough?

Chris Conley is a newcomer this year, but he is coming on strong! *Another nice and simple SR20 car that runs like a top and doesn't let him down. *Rarely am I surprised by new drivers tandem abilities when they come on the scene, but he is a strong driver and a welcome to our scene!

Robert Turnbow. *When he isn't changing diff's or axles, you can find him clutch kicking his high strung 1JZ! *He isn't afraid to run this car into anyone's door to win, just look at what his car looked like last weekend! *He has an awesome attitude towards drifting, and is learning very quickly. *Plus, he pulls a 3 car trailer around the country right now, so everyone wants to be his best friend when it comes to transporting race cars!

Cody Woods. *The most unique drift car award goes too.... *Volvo wagon and american V8 blend together to build a sweet battle wagon! *He has a long drive to get here, which keeps us from seeing him on a monthly basis, but I am excited to see this car when it shows up.

Nacho Cheese. *Team Silhouette has lots of talented drivers this year, and Nacho has solid SR20 car powering him along. *With so many team members competing, they are sure to get paired up together for some awesome action.

Sammi Tiger! *Drifters will always tell you they have an aggressive style, but few drifters I know are as aggressive as Sammi Tiger. *I'm serious, when we used to drive with Sammi back in the Nopi days, we were flat out terrified of him killing us somehow. *The man is quiet off the track, but insane on the track. *I have seen him wreck his car, and five minutes later be back on track to tandem with us with a wheel base 5 inches shorter on one side of the car, and 5 inches of tow out in the rear on one side, with no regard for our safety. *I have seen him hit walls off track that I didn't even know where there, and he has a wall of parts off his old chassis at his shop he runs in Atlanta, Tiger Racing. *He has killed more than 7 built drift cars, by completely totaling them. *And this is from a man that doesn't write off a chassis lightly. *I don't think I am putting my terror into words here well enough, but he is scary to tandem with around walls!

And many more will attend! *
Old 06-12-2011, 11:00 AM
mikespeed95

Stoked for this!! Goin to be a great time!
Old 06-12-2011, 03:56 PM
aaronlosey

I was told this car would make an appearance to be broken in on track : )
Old 06-12-2011, 04:13 PM
aaronlosey

I was asked by Formula Drift and Motormavens to display some local drift cars and promote FD Proam at the 11th hour at this weekends IRL race at Texas Motor Speedway, literally just before race day. *I made some quick calls and people jumped to attention when they heard Motormavens was going to shoot some cars, and we were underway. *Kenda had already sent me this awesome tent, Aaren provided a flat screen TV to go with my audio setup, and everyone provided some sweet cars to pimp our series. *With 80k potential race fans running around the venue, or some crazy number like that because I don't know how many there actually were, we started kissing hands and shaking babies! *It was hot as ***** but we talked to the most awesome rednecks you have ever heard say the word "tit-ays", and learned mustangs are like crack to these people. *Stew recently built up his old S14 to be sold to a gentleman named Seth, who is going to start bringing it to Mineral Wells to drift. *Russell brought out his STI, which is now up and driving around. *The Essence boys brought out their low riders, Aaren the Mustang, Aubre the super clean S14, Sy brought his 5D mkii, and I drug out my S13. *We got to see some FD drifting at TMS, we had the chance to watch IRL racing, and we talked to tons of fans who actually had heard of our drifting at Mineral Wells and GGP! *Check out the pictures : )

Old 06-22-2011, 07:25 AM
marcuz

whos rollin out of Houston?
Old 06-22-2011, 09:58 AM
ppat1989
Professional

Originally Posted by GWord256
We AutoX'ers can drift too!

Haha that's me lol but I got nothin on these guys!
Old 07-03-2011, 12:56 PM
aaronlosey

http://www.flickr.com/photos/shoryuuu/

pics of the event : )