Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Official mid-A 2006 ZDayz at Tail of the Dragon thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-08-2005 | 06:25 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Default Official mid-A 2006 ZDayz at Tail of the Dragon thread

Hey all,
So the first whispers of the 2006 ZDayZ at Tail of the Dragon event are showing up on the site. I figured I'd post here so that we mid-A'ers can keep in touch about going down. The date of the event is May 19-21 at Fontana Village Resort. It is really the BEST time you can have on a public road in your car.

Jess, Hugo, Brett and Jenny, and Mike and I went down last year. Maybe these guys can kick in with their impressions of the event too.

Anyway, keep an eye on This thread for details from the organizers, or check out The ZDayZ website.

As an aside, one of the things that makes ZDayz go is volunteers and sponsoring clubs. We're pretty informal, but I thought it would be cool if maybe the Capital 350Z/G35 Club could sponsor this event in 2006. If we get enough people to go, maybe we can look into this.

You won't regret going to this guys....it's a blast.

NOTE: "The Dragon" is a public road that is used by everything from tractor-trailers (sadly) to minivans to motorcycles. There are NO organized/sponsored driving events at ZDayZ. The ZDayZ event, its' organizers and staff assume no liability for your actions behind the wheel.

Basically, you can have a hell of alot of fun driving The Dragon, but it's a very challenging road with incredibly tight blind curves and switchbacks and a few high speed sections. It's really important to recognize your own limitations when you drive this road and be safe.

Last edited by kcobean; 12-13-2005 at 07:02 AM.
Old 12-08-2005 | 07:29 PM
Sins4u33

im going to try and make this....last year was a bummer and i had to bail out at the last minute im writing this sucker in the calendar and making sure nothing comes up....i want to make this meet...i was sooo prepped for last year...but hopefully i can be alittle more prepped this year and get my new tires for the front...and hopefully finish wiring up my tein EDFC....should be fun if i make it..

Ben Y
Old 12-08-2005 | 07:31 PM
mdracer76
Banned

This .. I WILL NOT MISS!
Old 12-08-2005 | 08:03 PM
pdjafari

kelly count me IN!! lets hope all my suspension work is *tweaked* to perfection for all those twisties...I guess this might be as close as I can come to Nurburgring in the US??
Old 12-09-2005 | 03:00 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by pdjafari
kelly count me IN!! lets hope all my suspension work is *tweaked* to perfection for all those twisties...I guess this might be as close as I can come to Nurburgring in the US??
WAY twistier than the ring...I mean way. There are some short straights where you can hit 100 MPH before romping on the brakes though. (I certainly don't condone speeding on any public road ) The absolute number one rule of this road is "no double yellow violations" because in most of the turns, you can't see who's coming the other way.

Keep in mind that the stretch you're looking at is only 11 miles long. Many of the curves are blind and banked. You just dive in and hang on. You'll drive much of this road in 2nd gear. That's how windy it is....YOU CAN'T BEAT IT!
Old 12-09-2005 | 06:58 AM
Silkk

Count me in...

I had reservations last year and had a beyotch ruin it 3 days prior by causing major problems...

Won't allow it to happen this year.
Old 12-09-2005 | 08:31 AM
Stack

this event went from 80 cars the first year, to over 160 last year... there's no telling how many will show for '06

It's well on its way to becoming the East Coast nationals (or at least the closest thing we have to it)... when the ZCCA site mentions it in reference to creating an online calender so there won't be competing events against it, you know its doing something right... and I plan on doing MUCH better at the poker tourney than I did last year!
Old 12-09-2005 | 08:34 AM
kcobean
Premier Member

Let the tally begin!!!

1. kcobean (Kelly)
2. Sins4u33 (Ben)
3. mdracer76 (Mike)
4. pdjafari (Puria)
5. Silkk (I don't know your first name yet!!!)

We're off to a good start!
Old 12-09-2005 | 08:43 AM
PumpedVA

I had to bail the last time because of a big A$$ hole in my y pipe. I am planing on making it this year though even payed for a cabin that I didnt get to use

1. kcobean (Kelly)
2. Sins4u33 (Ben)
3. mdracer76 (Mike)
4. pdjafari (Puria)
6. pumpedva (toby)
Old 12-09-2005 | 09:05 AM
stillnz

Guys I have to agree with Kelly 100%..If your going to make an event next year make sure that this is it! All of your expectations for a meet are surpassed by this. Starting from the drive down, it is great because its fun watching peoples reactions as you pass them in a long line of modded Z's, the scenic views to take pictures are incredible down there, the people are all friendly and all about Z life and the driving experience I can not even begin to explain, pure thrill and adrenaline going through turns that you dont know how you took so fast. Finally the resort itself is perfect, calm, quiet and beautiful.

Please guys plan ahead, it would be great if we could get a group of 10..15..or may be even more!
Kelly, sponsoring the event would be a great way to get our name out even if we really arent a formal group yet. Our involvement will show the rest of the region that NOVA really has some nice Z's, right guys.
I CAN'T WAIT!

1. kcobean (Kelly)
2. Sins4u33 (Ben)
3. mdracer76 (Mike)
4. pdjafari (Puria)
6. pumpedva (toby)
7. Stillnz (hugo)
Old 12-09-2005 | 10:15 AM
mcduck

Glad to see some chatter about this in the regional forums. Just so you know, if you have questions, post them here...
https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=153912

I'll be doing good to keep up with things and probably will not have time to check every regional thread. So, I'll be using the linked thread to give official answers to ZDayZ questions.
Old 12-09-2005 | 10:20 AM
mcduck

For those who made it last year, thanks for the praise. If you guys really feel that way, then ZDayZ staff has accomplished their goal of creating one of the best enthusiast-oriented Z events in the nation. We're already working on some things this year to try to make it even better.

Stack> Didn't know we had made the ZCCA site... cool!

Kelly> Drop me an email... mcduckz@earthlink.net... If Capital 350Z/G35 Club wants to sponsor we need to get you in soon, mainly to meet some deadlines to get your club logo on the shirt and magazine ads. If you don't care about that stuff, then it is not as urgent. I just need to email you the Club Sponsorship form.
Old 12-09-2005 | 05:19 PM
stillnz

Sounds good mcduck...kelly, lets do it.
By the way the new ZdayZ avatar is badass
Old 12-09-2005 | 05:52 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by stillnz
Sounds good mcduck...kelly, lets do it.
By the way the new ZdayZ avatar is badass
Email sent to McDuck. I want to make sure we all understand what is expected of a sponsoring club. If we can realistically meet the expectations, I think we should do it.

Yeah, the new graphic is AWESOME!!!
Old 12-10-2005 | 07:20 AM
Forced6

1. kcobean (Kelly)
2. Sins4u33 (Ben)
3. mdracer76 (Mike)
4. pdjafari (Puria)
6. pumpedva (toby)
7. Stillnz (hugo)
8. Forced6 (B)
Old 12-10-2005 | 04:15 PM
Axelerate

I'm going. Room is reserved and money sent.

I'm Brett and I'll be coming from Virginia Beach, it'll be first time since I didnt have a Z last year.
Old 12-10-2005 | 07:11 PM
SCDOO 2

PW Residence Revisited. Cabin 507 reserved. Stop by for a chat.
Old 12-10-2005 | 07:28 PM
kcobean
Premier Member

Originally Posted by SCDOO 2
PW Residence Revisited. Cabin 507 reserved. Stop by for a chat.
We'll see you there Toni!
Old 12-11-2005 | 11:45 AM
BamBam

Count me in for 'moral' club support. May is just WAY to far away for me to commit due to my traveling/work situation.
I have heard it was AWESOME last year and if I am around I will definitely be coming.

Regards,
Brent
Old 12-12-2005 | 08:54 AM
Silkk

1. kcobean (Kelly)
2. Sins4u33 (Ben)
3. mdracer76 (Mike)
4. pdjafari (Puria)
5. Silkk (Steve)
6. pumpedva (toby)
7. Stillnz (hugo)
8. Forced6 (B)

Took care of the name deal for you Kelly.

Quick Reply: Official mid-A 2006 ZDayz at Tail of the Dragon thread