Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

So I started the day with a ticket, ughh...

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2006 | 09:49 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Angry So I started the day with a ticket, ughh...

I havent driven the Z in almost 2 weeks. So today its not wet out, kinda windy but reasonable, and not that cold, I decide to get the beast out, I have to get used to it again for Sundays track day. On my 25 minute drive to work, I begin to realize how much I miss the handling, the acceleration (BOOST!) the overall feeling driving your Z gives you. Then I get one of those feelings I dont like-unwanted attention. As Im driving the speed limit down Rt100, a State Trooper merges on ahead of me. He slows to about 35mph, I am forced to drive by I do so at around 50mph, car in 6th nice and quiet. He gets behind me, lights me up. I know this all too well, pull over, roll down my window, turn off the car, put keys on dash, hands in open sight. I get nailed for another goddamn front tag ticket. This is like my 3rd or 4th and I have like 5 warnings. I know I know I should have learned my lesson by now, but I just cant stand the front tag on the Z, I dont want holes in the bumper and I HATE the Z tag bracket. At least he didnt give me crap for tint/exhaust. BTW front tag tickets in MD are now $60 up from $50. I dont dislike Cops, but I hate how I always seemed to get picked on, never the old farts in the Vettes with no front tag, never the crazy soccer moms trying to qualify for the 500 in rush hour traffic. I then go to Dunkin Donuts for some breakfast and coffee, and spill my coffee everywhere, just one of those mornings

Anybody in MD have more front tag citations than me?
Old 03-22-2006 | 10:00 AM
superchargedg
Damn Noobs

dude that just plain old sucks,that is the worst way to start the day.back when i owned my 72 mustang i didnt have a frt plate either cause it just fuked up the way it looked.i got pulled over by a bal county cop and he gave me a ticket and made me rip out some speaker wire and tie it to tag bracket what a dik head.btw the ticket was only 15 bucks(god im getting old).
Old 03-22-2006 | 10:00 AM
10 TIL 4

That sucks man. I'm not wanting to put a tag up front either. Every since I ditched the oem bumper I have yet to build a bracket. I've been about 3-4 months without a ticket but I've gotten "that look" from plenty of cops recently.

Old 03-22-2006 | 10:17 AM
plumpzz

if u have stock bumper it really isn't too bad. however, i can see why you'd hate the Z tag thingie, sicne it blocks teh FMIC. every ticket you get is 60 bucks less that will go to your upcoming engine build, so you can run T66 :-D

You should befreind a cop...or get the PBA badges. i got out of a 57in a 40 w/ my PBA card yesterday.
Old 03-22-2006 | 10:29 AM
bboypuertoroc

Sucks to hear man. Where's your front tag at? If it's not there already, put it in the windshield. That way when they ***** at you for it, at least it's in the "front" (and in the car), and tell them you have no holes in your bumper for it and if they want it mounted, they can pay for the holes and paintwork that needs to be done to mount it.

Oh yo, sue the **** of of DD!!! Tell them that coffee was too hot!
Old 03-22-2006 | 10:31 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Thats $210 in fines if this is your 4th ticket.

lets see what @210 could have got you:

210 hamburgers from the dollar menu
20 DVD's out of $10 bin at walmart (figuring tax)
Lap dance at some sleezy strip joint...
.... more.. I'm sure we can come up with
Old 03-22-2006 | 10:37 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Lol Mike, I used to get off with tons of warnings, I had it behind the factory grill before the FMIC-now I just have to show it off. Im gonna play with some mounting ideas tomorrow and see what I can come up with. Something that isnt dead center blocking the FMIC and something that doesnt look to ghey..
Old 03-22-2006 | 11:03 AM
plumpzz

just don't do it on the side, thats gay as hell. The way i8 like it, especially on a turbo car is w/ the licence plate still in the middle, but at an angle so it goes inward toward teh FMIC. You should still be able to see the licence plate, but only from headon.
Old 03-22-2006 | 11:17 AM
Paul350Z
Living in 350Z
Premier Member

Just think of it as a front plate tax and pay it and enjoy the look of your front bumper.
Old 03-22-2006 | 12:02 PM
SH82N-Z
Banned

It was one of those monrings!!! It just means your Z is bad ***, because it gets in trouble a lot. Chicks dig bad *** cars
Old 03-22-2006 | 12:37 PM
startertan

3 years and 5 months...no front tag...no tickets *knock on wood*...granted the car has been in the garage for the last 4 months
Old 03-22-2006 | 12:53 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Originally Posted by ShayanZ
It was one of those monrings!!! It just means your Z is bad ***, because it gets in trouble a lot. Chicks dig bad *** cars
Haha, yeah they do, I always catch chicks looking then when I turn to look back they turn away....like I cant see them out of the corner of my eye. Most guys will just give the thumbs up, chicks try to be sneaky.

Originally Posted by startertan
3 years and 5 months...no front tag...no tickets *knock on wood*...granted the car has been in the garage for the last 4 months
Thats pretty good though. I also get harassed for BS like tint/exhaust-good to know State Inspectors My only 2 points left on my license drop off April 16th and sometime Mid July, if I make it there with no speeding tickets, Ill be point free....
Old 03-22-2006 | 01:09 PM
6swhite350z

Originally Posted by plumpzz
if u have stock bumper it really isn't too bad. however, i can see why you'd hate the Z tag thingie, sicne it blocks teh FMIC. every ticket you get is 60 bucks less that will go to your upcoming engine build, so you can run T66 :-D

You should befreind a cop...or get the PBA badges. i got out of a 57in a 40 w/ my PBA card yesterday.
what is a PBA card? is it one of those stickers you get from donating money to the local police department or something? cuz on the back of those stickers it says something about it not helping you get out of a violation lol
Old 03-22-2006 | 01:10 PM
6swhite350z

Originally Posted by plumpzz

what is a PBA card? is it one of those stickers you get from donating money to the local police department or something? cuz on the back of those stickers it says something about it not helping you get out of a violation lol
Old 03-22-2006 | 01:32 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

We heard you the first time^^
Old 03-22-2006 | 01:43 PM
05-Z

I gave up on the front plate, I've probably had 4-5 tickets over the years. At least they didn't get you for speeding.

I was even in DC once and a meter maid gave me one. It's the cops excuse to pull you over and write 3 more tickets in my experience.

Last edited by 05-Z; 03-22-2006 at 01:53 PM.
Old 03-22-2006 | 02:26 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Yeah thats why I was kinda happy he didnt start with other BS...still sucked though
Old 03-22-2006 | 02:29 PM
plumpzz

I spoke to a cop who came into my hospital while i was at work...he said its standard for a police officer to let some things slide if you have a PBA card...its decently harder to get, since you have to be friends with a cop to get 1... if you donate money you get that huge badge...which helps with little things. The cop kindly even gave it back to me, even though hes supposed to take it. He was nice... dont think he even had the intent to give me a ticket since he didnt search my lisense place, and i properly shut the car off, rolled teh window down half way and put my hands on the steering colomn w/ my kees on the dash.

Last edited by plumpzz; 03-22-2006 at 02:36 PM.
Old 03-22-2006 | 02:40 PM
bobS

I just moved here from jersey, got a ticket for no front license plate in jersey but haven't gotten one here in md yet. That sucks man. Also i wouldn't put it inside the cabin with you, god forbid you got in an accident its a sharp metal object right near your head!
Old 03-22-2006 | 03:18 PM
6swhite350z

Originally Posted by Alberto
We heard you the first time^^
yea i know.. internet was lagging.. sorry.. but hey, a double post and yet no response

Quick Reply: So I started the day with a ticket, ughh...