Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

REALLY squeeky brakes? help!

Search this Thread

Old 06-17-2006, 09:10 PM
Playboy757

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Exclamation REALLY squeeky brakes? help!

what's up, everybody? I've had my "pre-owned" 2003 350z touring since the end of January this year. When i first bought it... the brakes would have a high pitch squeek when i would come to a hard brake. I didn't think anything of it. I assumed... sportscar= tight brakes. Eventually...it started to squeek everytime i would brake...even gently. NOW... i would drive and the slightest tapping on the brakes would cause it to squeek. Even worse though...after braking... the squeeking would continue during low speeds and slowing diminish as the speed would increase. The squeeks occur at each full rotation of the tire. So its...squeek---squeek---squeek and so on...you get what i'm saying. It's the driver side front brake. IT'S ANNOYING and it takes away the "wow!" from the car. I plan on taking it to a shop this week but i really don't want to get ripped off with a fake diagnosis. can any of you guys tell me what it may be? i'd really appreciate it. i know this could have been posted in another section but i figured closer to home...the better. Besides... can anyone in the 757 recommend a trustworthy shop...somwhere in VA Beach?
Old 06-17-2006, 09:29 PM
SHIFT_PINOY

If you don't want to get ripped off man, just take it to Nissan or to where ever you bought the car.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:14 AM
Integrity
Banned

Just go with the Stoptech stage II. All your problems will be solved.
Old 06-18-2006, 09:17 AM
zeebeda

Originally Posted by Integrity
Just go with the Stoptech stage II. All your problems will be solved.
+1
I'd get them if I could afford it!
Old 06-19-2006, 08:35 AM
ings350z

Originally Posted by Playboy757
what's up, everybody? I've had my "pre-owned" 2003 350z touring since the end of January this year. When i first bought it... the brakes would have a high pitch squeek when i would come to a hard brake. I didn't think anything of it. I assumed... sportscar= tight brakes. Eventually...it started to squeek everytime i would brake...even gently. NOW... i would drive and the slightest tapping on the brakes would cause it to squeek. Even worse though...after braking... the squeeking would continue during low speeds and slowing diminish as the speed would increase. The squeeks occur at each full rotation of the tire. So its...squeek---squeek---squeek and so on...you get what i'm saying. It's the driver side front brake. IT'S ANNOYING and it takes away the "wow!" from the car. I plan on taking it to a shop this week but i really don't want to get ripped off with a fake diagnosis. can any of you guys tell me what it may be? i'd really appreciate it. i know this could have been posted in another section but i figured closer to home...the better. Besides... can anyone in the 757 recommend a trustworthy shop...somwhere in VA Beach?
the best shop to go to is the Nissan dealership on Western branch blvd. great group of people and they love working on z's
Old 06-19-2006, 08:51 AM
TENGAI

Sounds like an uneven rotor... Maybe a bad diagnosis, but if it's happening from one wheel and at a rotational occurance point on the rotor, then I'd say that's probably it. The dealership may want to re-surface the rotor, but if possible, get it replaced. If the cost is outragous, then look at upgrading the rotors (front or all 4). Stoptech or power slots work really well on the 03's and go nicely with a set of hawk pads...

Just my $.02
Old 06-19-2006, 06:19 PM
Playboy757

Originally Posted by S1AMEZE
Sounds like an uneven rotor... Maybe a bad diagnosis, but if it's happening from one wheel and at a rotational occurance point on the rotor, then I'd say that's probably it. The dealership may want to re-surface the rotor, but if possible, get it replaced. If the cost is outragous, then look at upgrading the rotors (front or all 4). Stoptech or power slots work really well on the 03's and go nicely with a set of hawk pads...

Just my $.02
well...my girlfriend's sister actually works in the service department at Victory Nissan in Chesapeake. She took my Z in today to get it checked for me. She told me that i need to replace my front rotors and pads. She said i can use her discount on the parts. =) sweeet! actually...how much are after market rotors running?
Old 06-19-2006, 06:50 PM
Zincognito

i think i saw you today in this area. i had the Silverstone Z that turned right in front you at the light next to McDonalds. Love the sideskirts!!
Old 06-20-2006, 02:34 PM
Playboy757

Originally Posted by Zincognito
i think i saw you today in this area. i had the Silverstone Z that turned right in front you at the light next to McDonalds. Love the sideskirts!!
hmmm....which Mcdonalds? time? street? my girlfriend's sister MAY have been driving my car around. I didn't even drive my car yesterday. she had it all day. She works at Victory there in Chesapeake. she was pimpin my ride.
As for the sideskirts...thanks! i actually picked them up from 10 til 4 (Randy) when he posted them up for sale on here.