Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Who traded in a blue Turbonetics auto car?

Search this Thread

Old 09-23-2006, 07:45 PM
Zincognito

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Too bad.............it hasnt blown itself to pieces!!! lol
Old 09-25-2006, 05:05 AM
ings350z

thats too bad, but now you know why he traded it in....
Old 09-25-2006, 01:04 PM
05-Z

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I'm surprised the dealership took this trade, despite the warped head.
Old 09-25-2006, 04:43 PM
Osix350Z
Banned

Owned
Old 09-25-2006, 04:49 PM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You'd think the dealer would take 5 minutes and hook up the Consult before a trade like that....
Old 09-25-2006, 07:50 PM
Zincognito

Dealerships dont care, as long as the damn thing drives in, its a deal! the really sad part is that they will wash it and put it back on the lot. Thats just how it is and that is why i never buy use cars...
Old 09-26-2006, 01:16 AM
hurahn

Originally Posted by Zincognito
Dealerships dont care, as long as the damn thing drives in, its a deal! the really sad part is that they will wash it and put it back on the lot. Thats just how it is and that is why i never buy use cars...
That's what a trusted independent technician is for. Even then, I would be leery of buying a used sports car anyway.
Old 09-26-2006, 03:00 AM
Machupo

Originally Posted by hurahn
That's what a trusted independent technician is for. Even then, I would be leery of buying a used sports car anyway.
especially a modded one...
Old 09-26-2006, 03:14 AM
John@Victory

that isnt true in the least.

i usually agree with most of the posts you make. but this one was a pretty dumb one
Old 09-26-2006, 03:57 AM
ings350z

they will put it up for auction and some small independent dealership will buy it than wash it and than sell it. That's how it is. Who will buy it some E-1 or E-2 just out of boot camp with money at hand ready to buy a sports car. It happens all the time.

Last edited by ings350z; 09-26-2006 at 04:41 AM.
Old 09-26-2006, 04:18 AM
bboypuertoroc

Received 2,448 Likes on 1,769 Posts

Originally Posted by John@Victory

i usually agree with most of the posts you make. but this one was a pretty dumb one
It all depends on where you're at man. In the military, you see that kind of **** right of post/base. That's where the true "stealerships" are. They'll try and sell ANYTHING to new Soldiers/sailors/airmen/Marines. Case in point, when I traded in my '97 Neon for my Eclipse... my Neon was in poo condition, tranny f'd, paint chipping (common Neon prob), radiator fan f'd, shocks gone, windshield cracked etc. It sold two weeks later, in the SAME condition I traded it in. The buyer wasn't aware of ANY of this until God knows when. The first time I talked to her was when I got back from Iraq (OIF#1). She told me how it was when she bought it and she found out that's how it was when I got rid of it.

But where I traded my Z for my Evo, they took care of the Z... new tires, some other stuff (not exactly sure, ran into new owner at Frederick meet). So it all depends.
Old 09-26-2006, 06:38 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by ings350z
they will put it up for auction and some small independent dealership will buy it than wash it and than sell it. That's how it is. Who will buy it some E-1 or E-2 just out of boot camp with money at hand ready to buy a sports car. It happens all the time.

exactly
Old 09-26-2006, 06:40 AM
John@Victory

Originally Posted by bboypuertoroc
It all depends on where you're at man. In the military, you see that kind of **** right of post/base. That's where the true "stealerships" are. They'll try and sell ANYTHING to new Soldiers/sailors/airmen/Marines. Case in point, when I traded in my '97 Neon for my Eclipse... my Neon was in poo condition, tranny f'd, paint chipping (common Neon prob), radiator fan f'd, shocks gone, windshield cracked etc. It sold two weeks later, in the SAME condition I traded it in. The buyer wasn't aware of ANY of this until God knows when. The first time I talked to her was when I got back from Iraq (OIF#1). She told me how it was when she bought it and she found out that's how it was when I got rid of it.

But where I traded my Z for my Evo, they took care of the Z... new tires, some other stuff (not exactly sure, ran into new owner at Frederick meet). So it all depends.

a reputable new car dealership would never put something like that on the lot if they didnt repair it. Im speaking first hand here. we put them through the shop, get a list of repairs it needs and then asses if we are going to repair it and retail or not repair it and sell it to a wholesaler
Old 09-29-2006, 09:54 AM
Zincognito

John, out of all people, how many times have YOU seen someone driving off the lot and think..."I feel sorry for the one who bought that!"....?? You cant possibly say that im lying. Just to let you know, i used to sell cars, NEW and USED! I have said that phrase many times myself because i have seen first hand what pieces of **** we wash then put back on the lot. Slap a "Certified Used Car" sticker on the windshield then sell it "As Is".
Here is an example about a "reputable" dealership works: I just bought a Pathfinder. We worked the ENTIRE deal out including trade in without them even LOOKING at it till after the vehicle was delivered. My trade in, 2002 Corolla, was in mediocre state but they still gave me 10 grand. The NEXT ****ing MORNING, my trade in was sitting in their used car lot with a BIG for sale sticker across the windshield. That REPUTABLE dealership is Victory Nissan of Chesapeake!

Exactly......
Old 09-29-2006, 10:25 AM
John@Victory

John, out of all people, how many times have YOU seen someone driving off the lot and think..."I feel sorry for the one who bought that!"....?? You cant possibly say that im lying. Just to let you know, i used to sell cars, NEW and USED! I have said that phrase many times myself because i have seen first hand what pieces of **** we wash then put back on the lot. Slap a "Certified Used Car" sticker on the windshield then sell it "As Is".
Here is an example about a "reputable" dealership works: I just bought a Pathfinder. We worked the ENTIRE deal out including trade in without them even LOOKING at it till after the vehicle was delivered. My trade in, 2002 Corolla, was in mediocre state but they still gave me 10 grand. The NEXT ****ing MORNING, my trade in was sitting in their used car lot with a BIG for sale sticker across the windshield. That REPUTABLE dealership is Victory Nissan of Chesapeake!

Exactly......
see now i have to call bs... if you would have said any other store but mine i may have half way believed you... but i know our policy better... it is absolutely impossible that it was on the lot the next day.... the deal has to be clear before it can even go into the shop for a pdi... on a cash deal it takes 5 days for the deal to clear. then the car has to go into the shop and anything wrong with it must be repaired to where it will pass Va state inspection.....
Old 09-29-2006, 10:54 AM
in2therain3

There are some messed up shops out there... People watch out.
Old 09-29-2006, 11:29 AM
Driven1
Professional

Guys, as we all should know. Buyer Beware. No matter where you go, or what you may "think" you're getting.
Old 09-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Zincognito

see now i have to call bs... if you would have said any other store but mine i may have half way believed you... but i know our policy better... it is absolutely impossible that it was on the lot the next day.... the deal has to be clear before it can even go into the shop for a pdi... on a cash deal it takes 5 days for the deal to clear. then the car has to go into the shop and anything wrong with it must be repaired to where it will pass Va state inspection.....
Come on man, why would i lie about this? What possible reason? None whatsoever....its the absolute truth. i **** you not, the car was sitting on the lot ready to be sold. Business is business wether you see it or not....
Old 09-29-2006, 12:43 PM
John@Victory

Come on man, why would i lie about this? What possible reason? None whatsoever....its the absolute truth. i **** you not, the car was sitting on the lot ready to be sold. Business is business wether you see it or not....

Its not about believing or not believing. Its about knowing the law and bussiness procedures of the company I have been with for close to a decade.
It is against the law to put a car up for retail sale without it passing va state inspection. It is absolutely impossible that they got the deal cleared, got the car in the shop, replaced any needed parts for it to pass inspection, detailed it and then put it out on the lot for retail sale overnight. If the trade had over 65k miles on it it wouldnt have even been placed on the lot for sale. and in most cases we wont even put them out for sale if they dont have any factory warranty on them (there are exceptions to that though). I just find it hard to believe that the company i work for (although a differant store) would violate state law to sell a 2002 corolla (or any other car for that matter)
Old 09-29-2006, 05:22 PM
Zincognito

Im sorry but i find it hard to believe that a dealership replaces ANY parts (other than tires) when cars hit their lots. If that were the case then dealerships would not be in business but instead you overpriced extended warranties. You keep talking about this so called VA State Inspection like its some sort of "boot camp" for vehicles but the fact of the matter is that if the inspection is current, their is no need for them to reinspect it. Dont take me for an idiot John. I have been there and done that. I have worked with guys making 30k a MONTH selling an average of 32 "certified" used cars. I have no reason again to bull**** you about this. I have no doubt that you are a good guy or that you dont follow standard protocol. Just want to shed light on the ugly and sad thruth.

G

Quick Reply: Who traded in a blue Turbonetics auto car?