Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Anyone know good body shops here? (no 56k, Z's first battle scar..@#%$^$*&)

Search this Thread

Old 11-21-2006, 11:26 AM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by widebody350
lol it just got up there about two weeks ago and they are having to fix the major F**K UPS done by Vertex. Also, they are going to fit some Murci headlights on the car. It is going to be painted this color:
http://www.autobytel.com/images/Auto...exrrpass34.jpg
What did Vertex do? I saw your car at Vertex under construction, it seemed like it was in pretty decent shape.
Old 11-21-2006, 11:58 AM
widebody350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The car has always been in good shape. The bodykit was very well made. One of the best quality kits that I've ever seen and it d*mn well better be since for the cost. They basically did a hack job on my rear fenders. If I had driven the car with the proper sized/gapped, wheels/tires, when I drove the car to other shops the stock fender would have sliced the new tires. The since I am running stockers right now they fit within the stock wheel well, thereby staying safe from the jagged edge of the cut stock fender. Basically Vertex didn't cut the fender high enough, nor did they seal the two parts of the stock fender together, which left a gap between the two that would allow water to get in there and rust my car, as well as leaving the jagged edges out to cut my new tires up. They also did not mold the door pieces on the car properly. When Frederick Nissan took my doors off to paint the inside of the door jam, water came out of the top of the moldings. To go along with that the rear bumper wasn't even, the front fenders weren't even, and the side skirts weren't molded to the car.
I am just really happy that Frederick Nissan is full of good people who do excellent work. They are fixing all of the mistakes and making custom fender linings so that I will not have the ghetto look that Alberto has described in previous threads. I have been talking to the Chief Editor of Super Street and he even recognized the shop(Frederick Nissan) and two of the people who work there(Arthur Williams and Tom Bostick). I really just want to have the car done with the body work, drive it around for a month or two and get started on the motor swap. I am also going to have more interior work done before spring. Right now I have a set of Recaros that Frederick Nissan had and the cf steering wheel that they have on their Silvia.
I have the cf accents(Seibon TS hood all painted but the gills, TCS mirrors, B-pillars, and a wing once I find one I like) so I needed a color that would show that off but not be too light or too dark and look good under show lights. I think that this color really stands out in all light (or lack there of) and will show off the cf accents. Glad you like it and I hope the judges do as well.

Last edited by widebody350; 11-21-2006 at 12:01 PM.
Old 11-21-2006, 01:40 PM
rockinbboy

Yeah I am very happy with the work Frederick Nissan did. Arthur was very helpful.

Well, I was wondering why your car was running on stock tires with that widebody kit, but if your new tires were sliced up, that explains it. Well, can't wait to see the finished product. Just got to fill those wheel wells up...lol!!
Old 11-21-2006, 02:44 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

sounds like a buncha minor details people neglected to see, but I'm amazed they couldn't line the bumper straight (that's one of the most obvious pieces of the car!). I saw your car in there for like 2-3 months though, i would imagine them getting everything perfect since Steve usually does great work. I remember helping him try to get a door for you too since urs was a little scratched up.
Old 11-21-2006, 05:04 PM
widebody350

No, no, the stockers are on there b/c of different sponsorship things going wrong with wheels. HRE offered me a sponsorship but then Kinesis offered me a better sponsorship deal so I took that. The car then went up to NJ for the "Targa Top" but that took forever and eventually fell through. So when I got the car back and got around(I was real pissed/upset about the Targa people not living up to their side of the contract) to ordering wheels Kinesis had been bought out by Lexani. I have now gotten in contact with the new Marketing Director for Kinesis who is reviewing what kind of sponsorship package I will receive. I do have another company that is just starting that may offer a sponsorship to me but we will see how that works out. They are going to start the Murci headlight install in a few days I believe...d*mn holidays getting in the way.(j/k)
Steve does do a good job but he took so much time and I think when I finally put a deadline on the car he felt hurried and neglected certain parts of the car. The car was at Vertex from November until February or somewhere around there BTW.
Old 11-28-2006, 11:26 PM
efx

hate to beat the dead horse, but same **** happend to me. Same situation, but as I was still on the turn and about to enter onto the freeway, I did a 360 in the MIDDLE of the freeway, 5 feet away from the median and i was like "OHH MY GOD, WHY ME, IM GOING TO HIT, IM GOING TO HIT, AHHHHHHH!!" Then it just stopped. Cars were coming 100 yrds away, I was in the middle lane nose pointed 1-2 o' clock. I drove off to the side and slapped myself silly and realized wtf just happend. Drove to the next exit and had to get out of that feeling.

Im so lucky to get out alive without a scratch on my car or me. Good thing I prayed before driving. (this was on thanksgiving day )