Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Anyone know good body shops here? (no 56k, Z's first battle scar..@#%$^$*&)

Search this Thread

Old 10-09-2006, 02:07 PM
atar350

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by abui01
You must be a professional race car driver with ungodly skills all the way from California coming to our lowly region of mid-a to bathe us with your divine knowledge of perfect vehicle control on wet roads. All hail thee. We mid-a's happen to enjoy ramming our cars into guardrails, therefore we can call our bumpers "modified....." If it was really BS, why would anyone post pics of it and show the world? If I did something stupid, I'd get it fixed and have no one else hear about it until the next meet to save myself some embarassment. He posted it for tips/numbers to bodyshops/assessment of damage. Constructive criticism is great, but calling someone out on BS doesn't help the immediate situation.
You are reading into what I said way too much, I am saying alot of these threads have been popping up, all accidents suck no matter who's fault, car or driver, I said most of the time the owners say they werent trying anything dumb(remember I said most, not all) but you know like I know most of the time it IS because someone was trying something they shouldnt have, or maybe were going faster then they should have, I didnt say the OP was trying something dumb I believe him it probably was the car+uneven pavement, I mean **** he has a paint graphic of the situation but I'm saying if you want to try something like turn fast in the rain make sure nothing is around just in case, I drive like a granny entering on-ramps...

Why bring up where I am from or you are from, I dont think down on anyone anywhere, so why imply that, do you think you are "lowly" because of where you live?
Old 10-09-2006, 02:13 PM
abui01

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by atar350
Why bring up where I am from or you are from, I dont think down on anyone anywhere, so why imply that, do you think you are "lowly" because of where you live?
https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/222363-is-it-me-or.html
Old 10-09-2006, 09:10 PM
rockinbboy

Thanks for the posts Abui and Pumped. My understanding is that bumber is an '03-'05. I'll definetly keep that in mind. I don't suppose any of you guys had replaced the headlamps before? I can't seem to pin-point where all the screws are to adjust the housing.

Atar350, your posts are understandable since it does seem hard to believe I didn't do my best to keep my speed under control. I still stand by my story. No harm, no foul. We all live and learn from our experiences. Just hope the next new guy doesn't caught unware of conditions outside their control like I did.
Old 10-10-2006, 07:58 AM
suprpwr

Originally Posted by rich150001
I had a new front bumper put on through Linsey Collision Auto center off of 395. Looks perfect, can't even tell that a new bumper was put on, but I heard their were some complaints by the lexus crowd.
you happen to have contact info them? can't seem to find them online
Old 10-10-2006, 09:11 AM
abui01

I've done headlamp swaps before, they're actually a pain in the buttox since you have to remove ur entire bumper to get to the bolts, but it's not that hard. 2 mins per headlight once the bumper is off
Old 10-11-2006, 06:19 PM
dcmidnight

What kind of tires do you have on there? I noticed a big difference in rain performance between the Sh1tenzas and a half decent AS tire. I'm running the Kuhmo ASX right now and the rain traction is night and day. I'm hoping they will get me through the winter as well as I just dont have the patience to deal with snows I dont think.

Just me though, YMMV as always.
Old 10-11-2006, 08:54 PM
rockinbboy

Originally Posted by dcmidnight
What kind of tires do you have on there? I noticed a big difference in rain performance between the Sh1tenzas and a half decent AS tire. I'm running the Kuhmo ASX right now and the rain traction is night and day. I'm hoping they will get me through the winter as well as I just dont have the patience to deal with snows I dont think.

Just me though, YMMV as always.
My car is stock...including the Sh!tenzas which I know didn't help at all. A friend of mine got the Kuhmo ASX tires recently. I read briefly about them but they sound to be good for wet weather too. What sizes do you have for your tires?
Old 10-12-2006, 02:28 AM
dcmidnight

I have the 225s in front and 235s in back (17")
Old 10-12-2006, 07:41 AM
spacemn_spiff

delete.

Last edited by spacemn_spiff; 10-12-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:42 AM
abui01

Originally Posted by spacemn_spiff
Sucks man, you will be back on the road in no time. Have you thought of Nismo bumpers, I like the new V2 one, looks sweet.

But everyone's going to have one now that the replica is out

Get this instead if you want OEM look:

Last edited by abui01; 10-12-2006 at 07:45 AM.
Old 10-12-2006, 07:44 AM
spacemn_spiff

Sucks to be in a incident like that. It should be spic and span and back on street again.

Have you considered aftermarket bumpers, I especially like the Nismo V2.

Old 11-19-2006, 09:41 PM
rockinbboy

Bump

*Update*
She's all fixed up now! I love the no plate look in the front look...

Can't forget the lil gif for the HIDs
Old 11-19-2006, 10:24 PM
psucaptkickass

Nice pics, looks like the color matches well. Make sure you check out the paint at night, when some parking lot lights are reflecting off of it. When I had my bumper repainted, it is a spot on match during the day, but it reflects light differently than the other paint, so you can see the difference at night. Not really a big deal, but I think the difference has something to do with my paint being a pearl.
Old 11-20-2006, 07:21 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Another +1 to get new tires AT LEAST! New wheels and tires would be even better. The car should have come from the factory with a 10" wide in the rear. Its night and day difference when I got mine, even in bad weather. However, get off those tires or you will wreck again!
Old 11-20-2006, 08:20 AM
wolster

rockinbboy, I don't know how far you're willing to travel but IGS Auto Body in Crofton did a great job on mine. First major battle scar was me backing up into a stubby, metal pole in the parking garage at work (yeah kind of embarrassing ). The driver's side rear bumper and quarter panel had a big old pole dent in it (check out my post here https://my350z.com/forum/mid-atlantic/215400-body-parts-prices-and-body-shop-advice.html). Didn't want to go through insurance, because I feel I'm already paying too much and this would just give my insurance company a reason to hike my premium. Did some shopping around and all the places I went to were quoting $2500 - $3500 which would mean I would definitely have to go though insurance cause I'm not made of money (although I wish I was ) Anyway, long story short I ended up checking out IGS Auto Body and I told the guy there (I believe his name is Mike) the quotes I had been getting from other auto body shops. His response was basically "the way I see it metal is metal and the other shops' quotes are high because you've got a Z". His quote was $800 (way below other body shops) and he got be up an running in less than a week. His craftsmanship is superb and he even got the slight accent line on the rear quarter panel above the wheel well (look closely and you'll see it) So I am definitely a satisfied customer, and I highly recommend IGS Auto Body in Crofton. Good luck and hope you get your car fixed soon.

P.S. Traction control is on by default for a reason (just teasing)

Last edited by wolster; 11-20-2006 at 08:26 AM. Reason: rockinbboy WOW she looks great. Wrote post while you were updating.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:40 AM
spacemn_spiff

Good to see you are spic and span and back on the street.
Old 11-20-2006, 09:44 AM
widebody350

Frederick Nissan
Old 11-20-2006, 04:15 PM
rockinbboy

Thanks guys..its good to be back. Yes, I do indeed need wider tires in the back. My budget is tight right now, so in good time.

Hey Widebody350z, I saw your car at Frederick Nissan when I was getting a quote there. Tell me you painted her!!
Old 11-21-2006, 08:04 AM
widebody350

lol it just got up there about two weeks ago and they are having to fix the major F**K UPS done by Vertex. Also, they are going to fit some Murci headlights on the car. It is going to be painted this color:
http://www.autobytel.com/images/Auto...exrrpass34.jpg
Old 11-21-2006, 08:10 AM
Driven1
Professional

Originally Posted by widebody350
lol it just got up there about two weeks ago and they are having to fix the major F**K UPS done by Vertex. Also, they are going to fit some Murci headlights on the car. It is going to be painted this color:
http://www.autobytel.com/images/Auto...exrrpass34.jpg
Nice new color choice. Can't wait to see it.

Quick Reply: Anyone know good body shops here? (no 56k, Z's first battle scar..@#%$^$*&)