Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Need some input fellow Mid-A members on SC classified sale

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2007 | 08:31 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Question Need some input fellow Mid-A members on SC classified sale

There's a guy selling a ATI Procharger for $3000 never been used .

He orignally was asking $4k but is now asking $3K. He seems legit to a point. He posted all the parts that come with the kit (I guess anyone could find that info), he took several pics of the kit, and he posted his phone#.

What do you guys think?
I was thinking about going with a plan someone else in the thread mentioned. I paypal him $275 for all the small parts that come with the kit. If everything comes in the mail as agreed I paypal him the rest and he sends me the intercooler, snail, and the rest of the kit.

https://my350z.com/forum/showthread.php?t=238381

also even if I decide not to use it (which I doubt) I can obviously resell without losing any money.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 01-11-2007 at 08:39 AM.
Old 01-11-2007 | 08:34 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

here's the info. Tell me if he left anything major out.

click here to see the pics attached.

https://my350z.com/forum/showpost.ph...9&postcount=10

Originally Posted by slidn240
i estimated the shipping costs to bethel park, pa where my friend lives. i can send it to him and he can meet up with you so there are no discrepencies. if interested call my cell 4125122969.here are the pics i have and i am including the parts list which i believe include 26 pieces for the kit.
c2 reverse procharger
350z cog drive pulley
powergrip gt2 belt
intercooler-3 core
4 intake tubes
i/c rubber and hardware
main bracket and jackshaft bag
main bracket mounting bag
drive pulley bag
fuel syst. bag
efmu wiring assmb
manifold pressure asmb
pcv bag
surge syst. bag
airfilter
powergrip gt2 belt
belt-6 rib
digital fmu
sc oil bottle sc oil pack
owners manual
Old 01-11-2007 | 09:34 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Everything looks good karl, except I would run a different engine management, I know you have that old crusty Unichip though. Price is great. Go for it man, you need power to spin those dubs...
Old 01-11-2007 | 09:40 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by Alberto
Everything looks good karl, except I would run a different engine management, I know you have that old crusty Unichip though. Price is great. Go for it man, you need power to spin those dubs...
Thanks for info.

Unichip FTL ... not because it's a bad piggy back chip. But b/c there aren't any knowledgable tuners in the area (Sorry AAM I'll Pass). Seems like UTEC is the way to go considering Dave @ Function Tuned is right down the road.
Old 01-11-2007 | 09:43 AM
Nowell
National Z Club

Yea man, I would go for it. Just make sure to keep handing that CAI off to some new member that you meet/know! It has been handed around the Mid A a few times now, lets keep it going!

Besides I need someone to run =)
Old 01-11-2007 | 09:55 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by Nowell
Yea man, I would go for it. Just make sure to keep handing that CAI off to some new member that you meet/know! It has been handed around the Mid A a few times now, lets keep it going!

Besides I need someone to run =)
Don't worry I'll make sure it will find a good home free of charge.
Old 01-11-2007 | 09:58 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

I basically PMed him this.

We can do a two part hand off. You give me a tracking number for the first shipment and I paypal you $275. You give me a tracking# for the second shipment and I paypal $2725.

We'll see what his reply is.
Old 01-11-2007 | 10:18 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

Kind of a weird way to do it but ok. If I was him I wouldnt ship you something without a full payment man. You could potentially send him $275 and then he will "trust" you enough to send the 2nd (almost entire) unit and you could screw him over. Im not saying you will Karl because I know you, but if I was him Id be thinking Im gonna get boned.
Old 01-11-2007 | 10:24 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Kind of a weird way to do it but ok. If I was him I wouldnt ship you something without a full payment man. You could potentially send him $275 and then he will "trust" you enough to send the 2nd (almost entire) unit and you could screw him over. Im not saying you will Karl because I know you, but if I was him Id be thinking Im gonna get boned.
He could also ship a pile of dog poo and I'm out $275.
Old 01-11-2007 | 10:32 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

COUGH: paranoid :COUGH
Old 01-11-2007 | 10:35 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

COUGH: paranoid :COUGH
yeah just a little ... considering all 8 of his posts have been in the only thread he's made, I can't help but have reservations.
Old 01-11-2007 | 10:46 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Sweet! I got a PM. this might actually go down. Now I'm just searching the net for sound clips of a procharger. I already know they're pretty effin loud.
Old 01-11-2007 | 10:50 AM
abui01

make sure he's paypal certified or I would suggest the use of an escrow service for such a high dollar item. You can still get your money back if you spend anything less than $1000 with paypal. Over $1000 and you're crap out of luck if he doesn't follow through. People seem more trust-worthy if they agree on meeting up with you in person and since Brent goes down to FL every other day, ask him to drop by n take a look for ya!

Make sure you give him a call, get his full name, address, etc. I'd be weary dealing with ppl with only 8 posts but if you're not paranoid, then u could be losing a lot of money. Better safe than sorry right?

Plus, no one jumps from asking an initial 4k down to 3k, that just seems desperate and shady. How long has he been trying to get rid of this thing?

Another note: your method of approach asking for a 2 step deal seems a little awkward. If I was him, i'd turn it down since you could potentially be asking for parts for your faulty ati parts (me assuming you had this kit also) and purchasing my brand new (replacement) parts for a fraction of the cost. That would leave no potential buyers unless people like purchasing half a kit. (not saying that you would do this, but you gotta put urself in his shoes too)
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:04 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by abui01
make sure he's paypal certified or I would suggest the use of an escrow service for such a high dollar item. You can still get your money back if you spend anything less than $1000 with paypal. Over $1000 and you're crap out of luck if he doesn't follow through. People seem more trust-worthy if they agree on meeting up with you in person and since Brent goes down to FL every other day, ask him to drop by n take a look for ya!

Make sure you give him a call, get his full name, address, etc. I'd be weary dealing with ppl with only 8 posts but if you're not paranoid, then u could be losing a lot of money. Better safe than sorry right?

Plus, no one jumps from asking an initial 4k down to 3k, that just seems desperate and shady. How long has he been trying to get rid of this thing?

Another note: your method of approach asking for a 2 step deal seems a little awkward. If I was him, i'd turn it down since you could potentially be asking for parts for your faulty ati parts (me assuming you had this kit also) and purchasing my brand new (replacement) parts for a fraction of the cost. That would leave no potential buyers unless people like purchasing half a kit. (not saying that you would do this, but you gotta put urself in his shoes too)
Well he agreed on the two part plan. I think he's been trying to sell it since last december. I also thought about getting Brent to look it over but West Palm beach is 170 miles from Lakeland, FL. So that's a bit too far.

I already PM'd him the link to this thread just to let him know I'm NOT trying to screw him over.
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:05 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by dutchboy350Z
Sweet! I got a PM. this might actually go down. Now I'm just searching the net for sound clips of a procharger. I already know they're pretty effin loud.
Found some clips from a fellow member "Dr. Bon" on here. The flyby2 IMO sounds mean as ****.

http://350zfrenzy.com/ftp/ed/

edit: I keep watching the flyby2 clip over and over.

Last edited by dutchboy350Z; 01-11-2007 at 11:19 AM.
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:08 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner
Premier Member

OMG man, ATI @ idle sounds like a spaceship landing. The whine is sick, I personally love it, very loud.
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:09 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Damnit Karl... your gonna be boosted too?

Anyone want to buy a Sony XBR 46' LCD TV?
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:12 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Originally Posted by mdracer76
Damnit Karl... your gonna be boosted too?

Anyone want to buy a Sony XBR 46' LCD TV?
I was waiting for you to get on here
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:49 AM
PumpedVA

he has 8 total post and 0 traider rating bro.

If I had the 3k saved now I would hold off or keep shopping. How much could something new cost you have half of the funds now bro. I also agree to find a trusted memeber down in FL to check this out first. didnt he post the wrong area code? Or have his send to his bro in PA and meet him half way to check everything over. If everything checks out make the payment if not he's bro can ship the kit back to FL.

I have been burned one to many time myself

Last edited by PumpedVA; 01-11-2007 at 11:55 AM.
Old 01-11-2007 | 11:54 AM
mdracer76
Banned

Originally Posted by PumpedVA
he has 8 total post and 0 traider rating bro.

If I had the 3k saved now I would hold off or keep shopping. How much could something new cost you have half of the funds now bro
This has me worried too.....

Quick Reply: Need some input fellow Mid-A members on SC classified sale