Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

April 29: 4th Annual Spring Skyline Drive, VA 350Z Cruise

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2007, 01:12 PM
kamikaZ
3FIFTYZ

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by mondi
hey year are u in at college? i got a couple of friends that go there...thinkin about goin there in 1-2 years as im in montgomery college right now...
I'll be graduating in May. Be sure to join CPT when you get here. Need people to keep the club running. Started it a few years back with some friends and I hope to come back in 10 years and be able to hit up some CPT events.
Old 04-19-2007, 03:36 PM
light

may 6 is mother's day.. can't do it man..
Old 04-20-2007, 06:55 AM
mbq62

Originally Posted by Morningglorie
I'm out then, will be out of town for the rest of the summer.

Looks like the weather will be nice on the 22nd, so I'll be going for a drive anyway. Last night the weather guy was predicting 70 degrees and sunny.

Anyone else care to join me?
The National G Club will be holding the drive on April 22, this Sunday. You are welcomed to join us if you'd like.

- Lek
Old 04-20-2007, 10:02 AM
ralph0064

^ +1. The weather is going to be real nice. Cant wait.
Old 04-20-2007, 01:24 PM
Morningglorie

Lek, what are the details of the National meet? Where are you all meeting up? What time?

Edited to add:

OK, I found it on the G club site. My husband and I will meet up with you all at the F'fax Town Center at 10:00. Thanks for the invitation!

Last edited by Morningglorie; 04-20-2007 at 02:24 PM.
Old 04-20-2007, 04:14 PM
halfass872

So definatly May 6th FTW??
Old 04-20-2007, 09:42 PM
lek at ngc

Lek, what are the details of the National meet? Where are you all meeting up? What time?

Edited to add:

OK, I found it on the G club site. My husband and I will meet up with you all at the F'fax Town Center at 10:00. Thanks for the invitation!
sorry just saw this...

http://g35driver.com/forums/showthread.php?t=142377

Date: Sunday, April 22, 2007

Time: 10:00am

We will meet at Fairfax Town Center (Behind the United Artists Movie Theater is an outdoor parking lot)
4110 West Ox Road
Fairfax, 22033

Then we'll be rolling over to:

Bob Evans Restaurant in Manassas at 10:30am. The restaurant is just off of I66. We depart at 11:00 for a leisurely caravan to Front Royal - the north entrance to Shenandoah National Park.

Dinner will be at:
The Locker Room Sports Bar
http://www.hitthelockerroom.com/

DETAILS...

NationalGClub - Skyline Drive - April 15, 2007

We ask that everyone please fill up their gas ahead of time. We won't be stopping until right before the park.

-We will caravan up I-66.

There is a $10 entrance fee into the park per vehicle so please have some cash on you.

We are entering through the Front Royal (North) entrance. I believe once you enter into the park you receive a map, so you will get a better idea of where we're at. Once in the park we will just cruise through it and we will head to the largest picnic location (Pinnacle Mile Marker 36.7). Just so that we're able to get a spot because it is first come first serve.

To communicate best with each other, please bring a 2-way radio! They can be found pretty cheap from Radio Shack or any electronics store. I'll let you guys know which channel we will all be on so we can talk with each other while caravaning up there and while in the park.

Car Checkups

Please check tire pressure, oil levels, fluid levels before this trip. We will probably be traveling 250+ miles total in the day and we hope nobody has any problems with their cars.

Rules While Driving

We understand that we all like to push our cars but PLEASE use caution on these trips of speeding while on the highway. Because we are traveling in a large group, we will be easy targets for all cops. We suggest you use the speed limits as caution and respect other drivers. Some people were pulled over last trip and hopefully we won't have a repeat performance.

Also while driving in a group, if your parking lights are turned on, I am sure we will definitely turn mad heads on the highway. Also if you went to the last drive of 2006 you know we got pulled over twice on the way there. So lets keep it down and this one we'll be rolling with the z guys. So its gonna be a lot of cars.
Old 04-21-2007, 07:14 AM
dutchboy350Z
Finally some go

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^ Just to let you guys know. They also accept credit/check cards for the $10 entrance fee. So cash isn't mandatory if you don't have it.
Old 04-22-2007, 02:31 PM
jgxchris

so whats going on..? i quit my sunday job for this..! May 6th...???
Old 04-22-2007, 07:47 PM
Morningglorie

Entrance fee is $15, not $10, unless you're a senior (over age 62).

I met up with the G club guys today for the ride. About two dozen cars showed up, maybe a bit more. Gorgeous day for a drive.

Unfortunately one person tested their luck against one of Virginia's finest and lost, ending up with a ticket for reckless driving and speeding.

Our cars are nice and powerful guys, but be aware of what you're risking. Police are all over the place; blast through at 90 mph and more and you stand a good chance of ruining your whole day.
Old 04-23-2007, 03:50 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default read the post name again

Originally Posted by jgxchris
so whats going on..? i quit my sunday job for this..! May 6th...???
yes there is one on the 29th...also in May....since you took it to the level of quiting a job..id go to both....lol
Old 04-23-2007, 04:28 AM
davidv

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Thumbs up Thanks

Originally Posted by mbq62
The National G Club will be holding the drive on April 22, this Sunday. You are welcomed to join us if you'd like.

- Lek
A big thanks to the National G Club for your interest in a combined 350Z/G35 Skyline Drive Cruise. Because of conflicting commitments in the spring of 2007, unfortunately, it did not happen. On a positive note, we can look forward to a 350Z/G35 2007 Fall Skyline Drive Cruise.
Old 04-23-2007, 04:39 AM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Almost decided to sleep on the couch for the drive!!! LOL

I met up with the G club guys today for the ride. About two dozen cars showed up, maybe a bit more. Gorgeous day for a drive.

Unfortunately one person tested their luck against one of Virginia's finest and lost, ending up with a ticket for reckless driving and speeding.

Our cars are nice and powerful guys, but be aware of what you're risking. Police are all over the place; blast through at 90 mph and more and you stand a good chance of ruining your whole day.
Yeah Morningglorie, Im glad they took good care of you. Sorry I was unable to make it. I almost fought the wife enough to earn myself a night on the coucch..lol. Naa, she loves my bodyheat too much for that. But we did have a seriouse discussion on going. Didnt work out, but good news is..that all that read this post, knew not to speed, you had a good time, and NO ONE GOT HURT.
I heard from Infiniti and my motor should of arrived Sat, if not, then Today. I should have my car by Wednesday with 1,000 miles and my first oil change by this Sat. I might actually take off work drive down I66W to 81S to I64E back to I95..just to break the new motor in by this weekend...lol I know Im nuts...but if that oil is low..I will have a new engine every 3K miles!

So it looks like April 29 is off and May is on??? Cool. I look forward to then.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:34 AM
mbq62

Originally Posted by davidv
A big thanks to the National G Club for your interest in a combined 350Z/G35 Skyline Drive Cruise. Because of conflicting commitments in the spring of 2007, unfortunately, it did not happen. On a positive note, we can look forward to a 350Z/G35 2007 Fall Skyline Drive Cruise.
hey not a problem. we'll definitely try to plan something for the fall.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:36 AM
mbq62

it was nice meeting you and your husband. i hope you enjoyed the beautiful day and drive.

-Lek
Old 04-23-2007, 12:19 PM
Morningglorie

Lek, I posted over in the g35drivers forum too. We had a great time. After you all stopped for the second time on Skyline Drive (what was that about???) we just blew on by and kept on driving. Stopped for a burger at Elkwallow Wayside (MP 24) and then continued on to Big Meadows, (MP50) where my husband hiked down to the waterfalls and back.

We did come back via Warrenton but figured you guys would have all left by then so didn't even look for the restaurant.

How far down the parkway did you all go in convoy?
Old 04-23-2007, 06:40 PM
Z_Monzter

Originally Posted by light
may 6 is mother's day.. can't do it man..

Bro, Mother's Day is May 13. Check your calendar!??!!!?
Old 04-24-2007, 05:36 AM
mbq62

Lek, I posted over in the g35drivers forum too. We had a great time. After you all stopped for the second time on Skyline Drive (what was that about???) we just blew on by and kept on driving. Stopped for a burger at Elkwallow Wayside (MP 24) and then continued on to Big Meadows, (MP50) where my husband hiked down to the waterfalls and back.

We did come back via Warrenton but figured you guys would have all left by then so didn't even look for the restaurant.

How far down the parkway did you all go in convoy?
we had many stops for pics... basically we went to the next exit... 211 and pass that a little to the underpass for our last pic session. then we met a guy with the new 07 z who was from Tennesee I think. He has been roadtriping and stopped to say hi and take pics of our cars. Then headed back to civilization lol. I ended up at a cookout at one of the members house.
Old 04-24-2007, 09:13 AM
Morningglorie

Ah. Good to know. Have to say I liked my trip better, since it involved more driving and less picture-taking. Guess there's room enough on the Drive for all tastes!

The burgers at Elkwallow, by the way, are very good, but expensive - $18 for the two of us for two sandwiches, one order of fries, and a Pepsi.

We thought about driving even further down than Big Meadow, but realized we had to be back in time to watch The Amazing Race, so turned around. Gorgeous day for a drive and 50 miles down seemed about right - long enough to make it worth the trip, short enough to get back at a reasonable time.
Old 04-24-2007, 02:35 PM
lek at ngc

Ah. Good to know. Have to say I liked my trip better, since it involved more driving and less picture-taking. Guess there's room enough on the Drive for all tastes!

The burgers at Elkwallow, by the way, are very good, but expensive - $18 for the two of us for two sandwiches, one order of fries, and a Pepsi.

We thought about driving even further down than Big Meadow, but realized we had to be back in time to watch The Amazing Race, so turned around. Gorgeous day for a drive and 50 miles down seemed about right - long enough to make it worth the trip, short enough to get back at a reasonable time.
well the road gets even better the further you go. i've driven the full length a couple times. you end up near harper's ferry. definitely a fun drive.

Quick Reply: April 29: 4th Annual Spring Skyline Drive, VA 350Z Cruise