Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Columbia/Baltimore crew, need your help

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2007, 10:03 AM
tylerdurden07

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

ur lucky you have an auto bro.. Fkin traffic is a douche in the morning and evening.. Definite roid rage..
Old 03-01-2007, 05:49 PM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2005fair
I live in white marsh and would recommend it highly. 2 min drive from 95 and 695 gets you anywhere in the county in 20-30 min. As mentioned before mall and avenue right there is great. Parkville and Perry hall have alota nice apartmens.

Columbia is a bit overpriced but a very nice area, apartments go for 1,500 a month from what i've heard. Canton is nice but unless you want a housemate or 2, 1000/month will force you to live closer to the ghetto area near paterson park (i've nearly been mugged and know a girl that was mugged/assualted a block off of paterson).

Federal hill is ok, similar to canton but parking is worse and its more of a 22-28ish bar fly crowd that live in the area(aka a drunk driver would eventualy side swipe your Z)

No offense to anyone living in the areas but i would stay away from essex/dundalk/woodlawn.

just my personal opions on the baltimore area.
HEY HEY HEY! Watch it there! I grew up in Dundalk!
Old 03-02-2007, 05:48 AM
2005fair

"No offense to anyone living in the areas but i would stay away from essex/dundalk/woodlawn."

see you moved OUT of dundalk, im guessing your not trying to buy a house there at the moment....

by the way did dundalk win the football game for ownership of the **** plant this year?
Old 03-02-2007, 10:22 AM
bb1314
da Terminator!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 2005fair
"No offense to anyone living in the areas but i would stay away from essex/dundalk/woodlawn."

see you moved OUT of dundalk, im guessing your not trying to buy a house there at the moment....

by the way did dundalk win the football game for ownership of the **** plant this year?
lol.. I have no clue. I came to the country at the age of 15 and lived in Dundalk. I was there for 2.5 years and moved out after I finished highschool. I never went back there of course. That place is such a shxt hole! It's THE worst suburb area in Baltimore.
Old 03-02-2007, 04:11 PM
mywrxisslow

rolling winds in baltimore maryland. i lived in the 2 bedroom. very nice granite counters catherdral ceilings. dont know about the 1 bedroom but the best part. GARAGES for rent in the units. best place in my opinion. its next to security mall and right off of 695. 95 is a 5 min drive. oh also this is a gated community. door to the main hallway to the apt building needs a key or has a buzzer. about 12 apts in a building. lots of parking. best place ive lived. paid 1200 for a 2 bedroom. so probably 1000 for a 1
Old 03-02-2007, 08:45 PM
MrKaira
Really MrZ31

wow guys this is all great information. I can't thank you all enough.

Now its just the waiting game. Holly won't find out until mid-end of april if she got into UB (shouldn't be a problem) and I will be applying for jobs in the area.

I have started looking into the acorn housing program, and it looks legit. I'm going to talk more about it with the bank since I use bank of america. It looks like our price range would be $200,000 to $250,000 if the 40 year loan works out. It would be awesome to be a homeowner, but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet. Need a full time job first.

thanks again, and keep the info coming, it has been extremely helpful!
Old 03-04-2007, 05:08 PM
MasterRacer

lol good to see you looked into it bro, sorry havent been on in a bit
but I been house hunting lol I got approved, I already have bank loan info
rate and stuff. I got 6.1 percent which is EXCELLENT considering my somewhat weak credit. I ll find the number for the guy I used gimme ur
number so I can call ya!

Lats

Originally Posted by mrpratt
wow guys this is all great information. I can't thank you all enough.

Now its just the waiting game. Holly won't find out until mid-end of april if she got into UB (shouldn't be a problem) and I will be applying for jobs in the area.

I have started looking into the acorn housing program, and it looks legit. I'm going to talk more about it with the bank since I use bank of america. It looks like our price range would be $200,000 to $250,000 if the 40 year loan works out. It would be awesome to be a homeowner, but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet. Need a full time job first.

thanks again, and keep the info coming, it has been extremely helpful!