Notices
Mid-Atlantic Maryland, Virginia, West Virginia, Washington D.C.

Warrantee VIOLATORS!

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2007, 09:56 PM
4SHIZZIL

Received 9 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Warrantee VIOLATORS!

Hey all, what bolt on will void the factory warrantee?

HF Filter and Intake.... I say no

HF Cats..... I say yes

Y pipe.... I say no

Cat back exhaust.... I say no

Plenum Spacer.... not sure, think no

Headers....I say yes....

Has anyone had any major issues with dealerships and service that has the basic bolt on... I dont have headers or HF CAT on, but worried about the intake and plenum?

Thanks in advance all!

after answers are recieve..this post will be continued!!
Old 04-01-2007, 10:08 PM
plumpzz

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eat grass punk. If my seat breaks at 400 miles and i have headers, how can u say the two are related?
Old 04-02-2007, 02:25 AM
tylerdurden07

In all honesty, I don't see why ANYTHING bolt on would cause warranty problems. Fact of the matter is, an intake and full ( headers back ) exhaust is only creating better airflow for the engine. If anyone could give me a logical answer as to why this would be bad for the engine, it would be greatly appreciated. I highly doubt it though.. As far as the plenum spacer is concerned, I'm not sure...
Old 04-02-2007, 02:46 AM
4SHIZZIL

Well with my mustang (old 2001 I used to have) and my father-in-laws current C6, the dealer said, do all you want, just dont touch the headers or break open the engine...I am on the fence about the Plenume because it is sort of engine (internal) related... sort of...
Old 04-02-2007, 02:48 AM
4SHIZZIL

I have an engine related issue....so I am just covering my tracks.
Old 04-02-2007, 02:52 AM
tylerdurden07

The plenum spacer can be removed in 30 minutes.. It's not a big deal...
Old 04-02-2007, 02:56 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default Screws!!

Originally Posted by tylerdurden07
The plenum spacer can be removed in 30 minutes.. It's not a big deal...
Yeah but the screws.....I dont have the OEM screws...the new ones are much longer!!!!
DOH!
Old 04-02-2007, 03:20 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
Yeah but the screws.....I dont have the OEM screws...the new ones are much longer!!!!
DOH!

I wouldn't worry about the Plenum spacer, I take
my car to the dealer the only thing they notice is my intake. My dealer
has yet to realize I have a plenum spacer lol
The plenum spacer has no moving components so I don't see how this
would be an issue, your increasing air volume slightly but thats about it.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:22 AM
Alberto
Cranky FI Owner

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Nothing unless its proven to cause the failure. Thanks the Magnuss-Moss act but dealers dont give a crap over it, once they deny you they usually will fight it to the death, I know mine did over a tranny back in the day. In the end they win. Find a mod friendly dealer.
Old 04-02-2007, 03:23 AM
MasterRacer

Originally Posted by Alberto
Nothing unless its proven to cause the failure. Thanks the Magnuss-Moss act but dealers dont give a crap over it, once they deny you they usually will fight it to the death, I know mine did over a tranny back in the day. In the end they win. Find a mod friendly dealer.

If you know of ANY around here please let us all know lol
most dealers are A holes about it, I think Browns Fairfax Nissan
is ok with the intakes and stuff, hell one of there uppidy sales guys
was telling me that they are ok with that stuff. To bad I kinda got
screwed buying my car there ehhhhhhh
Old 04-02-2007, 03:41 AM
4SHIZZIL

Frederick Nissan actually does supercharger and such....I will take it there I guess today sometime.....
Old 04-02-2007, 03:52 AM
tylerdurden07

Frederick nissan and also passport nissan in alexandria.. they are my guys
Old 04-02-2007, 03:58 AM
4SHIZZIL

Default PM sent to you Tyler

Originally Posted by tylerdurden07
Frederick nissan and also passport nissan in alexandria.. they are my guys
pm....sent
Old 04-02-2007, 04:42 AM
Ilov350ZEE

i just made a thread about this, I take my car to nissan for oil change next is coming soon and i have this its copper sealant shown on the pic. I have intake and plenum spacer. I am worried when they sees this they will start the BS my warranty will be voided because of the things i put on.
Old 04-02-2007, 05:52 AM
behjjeh
Vendor - Former Vendor

i know tysons are @$$........they gave me a crap because of my HKS and inteke.. i told them to give me my car back and took it to Alexandria.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:34 AM
TENGAI

+1. Simple bolt-ons like the y-pipe / plenum spacer can be swapped out quickly... Intake too. Better safe than sorry when working with the dealerships on warrantee issues.
Old 04-02-2007, 06:44 AM
stein

If you have simple bolt ons and the dealership says anything to the effect they could/it be a problem. It is a sure sigh you need to take your car elsewhere!
Old 04-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Goofy1477

Originally Posted by 4SHIZZIL G-SPOT
Frederick Nissan actually does supercharger and such....I will take it there I guess today sometime.....
I would not take it there. I went there last week for a couple problems in my car.
Problem 1- I have a tranny problem. Makes funny noises. I think I need a new tranny.
Problem 2- My suspension is squeaky. (I think I can fix it with WD-40)
Problem 3- My engine consumes way too much oil. Over 3 quarts in 3k miles.

First off, when I took the car there 30 minutes later they were done and told me I have no problems with the car. I left to see if I was crazy and to see if I could hear the problems again. So I did. Then I went back to Frederick nissan and asked for the manager. Spoke to him and he asked me to show him the problems and give him a ride, so I did and showed him the funny noise from the suspension and tranny. He said its my bearings going, and my suspension he was not sure. Also I told him about the oil consumption problem. He told me because I have modifications to my car, it will consume a lot of oil, and its my responsibility to check my oil and make sure it is not low. I was thinking "WHAT AN ***."
Anyways, when we got back, he told me he needs to call his nissan Rep to see what he can do about my car and if he can fix it. Well, 6 days later and no calls.
My thoughts on this: Well if they had their mechanic look at my car, why did they not see the problems. Especally since they said they had their top mechanic look at my car. Also customer service was crap. The lady that I talked to gave me a MAJOR attitude. I really don't know if I will ever go back there.
Old 04-03-2007, 04:58 PM
4SHIZZIL

Default My car is stock, Just have a K&N filter on it.

Originally Posted by Goofy1477
I would not take it there. I went there last week for a couple problems in my car.
Problem 1- I have a tranny problem. Makes funny noises. I think I need a new tranny.
Problem 2- My suspension is squeaky. (I think I can fix it with WD-40)
Problem 3- My engine consumes way too much oil. Over 3 quarts in 3k miles.

First off, when I took the car there 30 minutes later they were done and told me I have no problems with the car. I left to see if I was crazy and to see if I could hear the problems again. So I did. Then I went back to Frederick nissan and asked for the manager. Spoke to him and he asked me to show him the problems and give him a ride, so I did and showed him the funny noise from the suspension and tranny. He said its my bearings going, and my suspension he was not sure. Also I told him about the oil consumption problem. He told me because I have modifications to my car, it will consume a lot of oil, and its my responsibility to check my oil and make sure it is not low. I was thinking "WHAT AN ***."
Anyways, when we got back, he told me he needs to call his nissan Rep to see what he can do about my car and if he can fix it. Well, 6 days later and no calls.
My thoughts on this: Well if they had their mechanic look at my car, why did they not see the problems. Especally since they said they had their top mechanic look at my car. Also customer service was crap. The lady that I talked to gave me a MAJOR attitude. I really don't know if I will ever go back there.

Since I decided not to mod my car...I took it to Infinity of Chantily...they are taking care of me.
Old 09-05-2007, 09:34 AM
mykel

Browns Nissan in Fairfax is giving me a hard time as well. My car started making some "clank" noises recently and they blame it on the aftermarket springs that I've had on the car for about 3 weeks now. However, the car started making the noise about 2-3 days ago. They couldn't "find" the problem at first, and said it was because my Nismo exhaust wasn't hung correctly on the hanger. Charged me $50 to bend it when they never asked me to, and said because it is an aftermarket exhaust (one that they sell from Nissan however) it wouldn't be covered under warranty.
I left the lot thinking okay, I paid but I hope it fixed the problem, but low and behold, I hear the same "clank" sometimes when I turn the steering wheel and when my front goes over speed bumps. At high speeds also, I noticed that my car makes a rattling sound, like there is bolts or something in my car just rattling around. This sound was definitely not coming from my car before. One of the service writers at Browns told me to put my OEM springs back in and then bring it back.

I am paying for my car but put it under my dad's name for a lower interest rate on financing, so it's fair to assume I'm still young (21). Are they just throwing me in a loop because they don't want to deal with it?

Quick Reply: Warrantee VIOLATORS!